Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 4:49:49 PM EDT
I have read several posts indicating that nothing will change in Kalifornia if the 1994 AW is allowed to sunset by Bush. Although the magazine capacity issue will not change, I think that there are other issues that will change. All of the references to flash suppressors and retractable stocks in the Kalifornia AW law are only to identify a weapon as an assault weapon for registration purposes, not to ban their use. I do not believe that there is anything in the Kalifornia laws that would prohibit features such as a flash suppressor and/or a retractable stock to be added to a legally registered post ban weapon if the Federal AW law is allowed to sunset in 2004. Any other opinions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is a pretty simple and straightforward proposition.  If the AWB does sunset on the Federal level, it will have no effect on the laws of California.  That is nothing in the current state laws will change.
View Quote

Yes, but if you already have a CA assault weapon, the restrictions on adding additional evil features will be gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top