Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 3:17:44 PM EDT
You and a guy friend and a girl all go out to the club to hang out. Not drinking excessively or being crazy, just meeting up with friends mingling. A guy in the club starts harassing the girl you are with, she and you tell him to get lost and try to avoid him. Then, he reaches under the girls shirt and grabs a feel of her breast. Keep in mind this girl is not giving signals, etc she doesnt want anything to do with him and is a quiet/petite girl. What would you do?

In my mind I see 3 choices:

a) Leave and hope the next girl he does this to doesnt become his rape victim.

b) Call the cops and have him arrested for sexual assault/battery, which will probably be dropped (slapped on wrist, etc), now he knows the girls address, etc from the police report and can get some kind of revenge if he chooses.

c) Get into an altercation with him, which could result in you getting an assault charge brought up against you, lawsuits, etc.

Ideally the girl would be a martial artist and could kick the guy's ass in return (and probably get away with it because she's a girl), but this isnt usually the case.

This recently happened to some friends of mine who absolutely do not look for trouble. I myself, have stayed away from this club area since hearing of a few stories like this down there. I know staying away is the best thing, but I think you should be able to go to a public place and not have to worry about crap like this.

Now that I have a career and money, fighting is a last resort because of the legal implications involved, not to mention that the instigators usually have nothing to lose themselves and all to gain in a lawsuit.

What do you guys think? What if this happened to your girlfriends/wives/daughters?

Just curious what some reactions would be. Thanks.

My friends chose to call the police on the guy and had him arrested. Turns out the perp is an ex police officer and the arresting officers tried hard to get my friends to not press charges saying nothing would happen to him, it would take a long time to fill out the paperwork, etc. My friends decided to press charges and it took them 6 hours to go through the process of pressing charges. I told them they should file a complaint against the arresting officers for trying to disuade her from pressing charges, this seems inappropriate to me. A crime is a crime, right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to call the cops, first. Then call the States Attorney when the cops hassle you.

Sounds like a real classy joint. Some people might think you should expect problems if you hang out there.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Initial thought: Fuck  him  up.

After a moments reflection: Fuck him up but make it look defensive.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the common thread in all of these "what would you do" threads?  

[red][b][size=3]BARS[/red][/b][/size=3]

The obvious solution is to stop going to the rathole bars you've been hanging out in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
When in dought.. Knock'em Out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck him up, and make it look like an accident [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
just cap his ass right then and there
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The obvious solution is to stop going to the rathole bars you've been hanging out in.
View Quote

This isnt really a rathole bar. It is a bar, but a 20-30 something bar on Beale Street in Memphis,TN. There are cops all up and down the street. A lot of young people hang out in bars, that's a fact. This town is filled with a lot of undesirables, that's why I'm looking to move somewhere else. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
fuck him up. if it were my wife i would not
even give it a second thought. damn whatever
happens from there. the grabbing is an assualt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Knock him out.
If you can do it with "class" so much the better.
If he can get the better of you do it any way,even if you can't.
Do you hang out with people that you can rely on?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I play guitar in a bar band, and I've seen my share of this stuff. Guys like this are usually easy to provoke. So I would get in his face, insult his mother or something. I bet he swings at you in less than 30 seconds. After that, all's fair.
Remember, when in doubt, lay 'em out!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Lets just say that if this ever happens to my wife I fully expect her to drive to the closest ATM to get my bail money.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Same thing happened to my friend's wife when we went to a meat market bar to see a band playing there (normally dont patronize it).

A guy was coming onto my friend's wife, she waved her hand to push his hand away and brushed his face.

The lecher's sister was watching, and when she saw my friend's wife "hit" her brother, she struck her, starting a fight.

All that happened was that we were all permanently 86'd.  No big whoop.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Wait outside, follow him out, wait till he's isolated from everyone then beat the shit out of him and promise to do it again and worse if he 1)harrasses any more women or 2)goes to the police.  Then it's his word against yours...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
This happened to me, sort of.  When I lived in Detroit, I went to a club and did my thing.  My thing used to be drinking quite a bit, but never was I obnoxious or try to start fights (I'm a little guy!).  When I was leaving with my girlfriend, a guy said he was going to fuck her!  He made a few more comments, then brushed his hand against her.  Near this nightclub was a construction site where some concrete work was being done, and our fight escalated into that area.  Me being a little guy, and him being a big guy I grabbed a shovel and tried to cut off his head.  He ducked and I put a gash across his head and ear about 6 inches long.  When I left him I thought he was dead, he was lying in a big pool of blood!  He got a good lick in on me with a garden hoe (I think) that punctured my cheek and chipped a tooth.  Required about 6 stiches, and I have a nice scar there, 12 years later.  If you come to the Great Southern Fredom Shoot, I'll show you my "trophy" :)

I was pretty prejudiced (sp?) against black folks for a long time after that episode.

Did I do the right thing?  Hell, it sure seemed like the right thing to do at the time!!!

Balming, sober for 348 days!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Bars can be so much fun.

I was a bouncer until a couple of years ago and used to see this stuff all the time. Threw many guys out for grabbing girls' asses and one guy for biting the waitress's boob when she leaned over to clear the empties off the table. This loser actually cried when I made him leave.

If it is like most bars, they probably have every inch of the bar covered by surveillance video which would substantiate her charges. Though the tapes usually run in a 24 hour loop.

I did have to throw out an off duty police officer once. He was a friend of one of the barmaids, was drunker than shit, and would not stay out of the ladies room. Women were complaining because he was following them in and trying to go in the stall with them. The guy refused to leave and actually made me get physical. Good thing he was from a different area, it probably wouldn't have went well if this guy ever pulled me over.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ideally the girl would be a martial artist and could kick the guy's ass in return (and probably get away with it because she's a girl), but this isn't usually the case.
View Quote

I have seen several "girl martial artists" get severely pounded on by average guys. There was also one that thought she knew karate, she ended up in the hospital after picking a fight with a huge drunk guy who got a little frisky. I avoid bars, but came in to use the phone ( everything else was closed ).

You need to decide:

Is it worth a possible criminal record?[V]

Is it worth being maimed or killed?[B)]

Is it worth being sued?[xx(]

Is the satisfaction of pounding the crap out of scum bags that can't keep their #$%&ing hands to themselves addictive?[devil]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is the satisfaction of pounding the crap out of scum bags that can't keep their #$%&ing hands to themselves addictive?[devil]
View Quote

Yes!!! [:D]

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Call the cops, have him arrested.

Now before he gets out, buy a bull dozer and put some armor plating on it. Once he gets out, gets the police report, and comes to your house, you can have some artillery to defend yourself with.

Hopefully he hasnt read the threadon AR15.com about how to "take it out"....
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#22]
 It wouldn't hurt to grab him by the shirt and hit him in the head with whatever is handy a few times. It's always dicey though. You don't know if his friends are there, etc. Many times, no fight means you win. The route they took cost them little and will be a big hassle for dumbass. Just always leave before the cops come. I can't understand why you don't like Memphis. It's a target rich environment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top