Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 2:12:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
not much of an FAL expert, but it sounds like you might have a C1A1 kit with a CAI receiver?

try www.falfiles.com, those guys are great, got me to buy my second FAL!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen those same receivers with those minimal markings, on guns purported to be preban, with CDN inch furniture, in the $950-$1150 range (ugly guns).

Given the thumbhole stock it's possible it's a gun that was caught on the edge of the 89 ban. What kind of muzzle device did it have, if any?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like one of the Century hatchet jobs from the mid-90's. I had one with that same setup on a GL Imbel that just refused to run at all. I think I paid ~ $400 for it. Sold it for the same money.  The current crop of CIA guns are actually a better risk.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a century r1a1 and i love it!!!!!!

it's an IMBEL metric receiver on an aussie made L1A1 inch pattern kit with new US made furniture (austrian pattern, i think)
shiny, clean bore, good headspace.
it shot about a FOOT high when i first got it!!!, after some sight adjustment it's great!!!

good shooter, the park job is above average, the upper reeceiver is a tad lighter than the lower, there were some tool marks, but they were parked over, so not bad, pretty good fit with the austrian mags it came with, and EXCELLENT fit with some CDNN metric mags i bought for it(brazilian?, not sure) great mags!!!

well worth the money.

the only difference i noticed on mine from all the others is that mine had the sand cuts on the bolt carrier.
i would highly recommend it for a first FAL.

(edited to add, 425.00 out the door with 2 new military mags and mag pouch.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top