Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 12:19:34 PM EDT
Guess his dad couldn't swing this toy for him...

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=511&u=/ap/20020903/ap_on_el_gu/new_york_governor_26&printer=1[/url]

Sorry Andy, you were a scarey dick though, if that is any consoloation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I think McCall is a "better" person than Pataki, and McCall hasn't had a chance for 8 years now to lie his ass off to we NY'ers, I might be swayed into giving him a chance (he can't force worse laws on us than we already have) and Pataki hasn't done anything to loosen them.

I am coming dangerously close to voting out the scummy republicans who keep promising to protect our constitution, then ignoring us until the next election cycle.

Better I believe to turn the heat up quickly, as opposed to this gradual increase...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I htink (more likey) he is known as sort of a rabid dog, and is unelectable.

20% difference between he and McCall, thats not insignificant.

Has he ever held elected office?  OR has he always rode in on the appointments?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I really feel for all you members who live in New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, and California. You guys have got the world's scummiest politicos.

Now down here in Georgia, most of our politicians are crooks----but at least they're pro gun ownership crooks[;D]

Well, I hope y'all keep up the good fight, but if you get tired of the battle, c'mon down here to Georgia[:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly Aimless, that is where I am now at, voting wise.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Andy Cuomo is a creepy, arrogant, little beotch.

He was the architect behind the S&W "agreement."
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good riddance!  Pataki's useless but you can't be serious about voting for McCall.

"On Friday, the Clintons were at the State Fair in Syracuse at the same time as Cuomo. The trio didn't even manage a photograph together. On Monday, Sen. Clinton had McCall marching by her side in the West Indian American Day parade in New York City."

We don't need another democRAT governor in NY.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
This is too funny. Cuomo's TV commercials are still running after he stepped down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good riddance!  Pataki's useless but you can't be serious about voting for McCall.

"On Friday, the Clintons were at the State Fair in Syracuse at the same time as Cuomo. The trio didn't even manage a photograph together. On Monday, Sen. Clinton had McCall marching by her side in the West Indian American Day parade in New York City."

We don't need another democRAT governor in NY.  

View Quote

Tell me how Pataki has helped the Gunowners of NYS?  I can tell you how he has hurt them, no difference between McCall and Pataki, other thna I beleive McCall to be more of a man of his word.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I think McCall is a "better" person than Pataki, and McCall hasn't had a chance for 8 years now to lie his ass off to we NY'ers, I might be swayed into giving him a chance (he can't force worse laws on us than we already have) and Pataki hasn't done anything to loosen them.

I am coming dangerously close to voting out the scummy republicans who keep promising to protect our constitution, then ignoring us until the next election cycle.

Better I believe to turn the heat up quickly, as opposed to this gradual increase...
View Quote
one of my buddy's said the other day that some of the rural republican counties ought to help throw out some of the Republicans. They don't do jack for us because we are a "Given" it's the counties in NY that could swing either way that get pork barrel stuff and other goodies to sway them. Why do anything for your faithful sheep like Republicans when they will vote for you no matter what?
View Quote

Exactly! We have a RHINO here, Chafee, that we need to get rid of.[puke]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]
It is truly a shame for New York to lose a chance to have for a Govenor my good friend Andrew Cuomo.  He had done so much good in HUD, and he could have done so much for New York.  It is truly sad.

Bill C. [smoke]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am as conservative as any member of this board, I am as pro-gun as each and every one of you and I get just as frustrated when Republican politicians do not take a hard enough line on gun rights.  However, as a political consultant, I can tell you what the political viability and shelf-life of an ardent pro-gunner in NY politics is for statewide office.....   ZERO, F'ING ZERO.

So complain all you want, the fact is our imperfect Governor is a hell of a lot better than Hillary and her crowd.  If they ahd their way NYS would go the way of DC and there would be NO ownership of firearms.  So you go ahead and believe that McCall is no greater threat, maybe we can cry over our beers together if he gets elected and there is no more gun ownership in NY.
View Quote

Hiram, we are allowed long guns, shotguns, and with special permits that aren't good everywhere in the state we are allowed pistols.  No SBR, No FA, No Silenced weapons, tell me what would the difference really be?

Sure, they could make it even more difficult to own a firearm, but the laws here are about as bad as they can get already, I don't see any democrat or republican being able to make them much worse.

I would actually look forward to them trying to ban all firearms outright, it would bring things to a head, who knows how it would turn out, I sure don't.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tell me how Pataki has helped the Gunowners of NYS?  I can tell you how he has hurt them, no difference between McCall and Pataki, other thna I beleive McCall to be more of a man of his word.

View Quote

Just the thought of the Clinton's and McCall campaigning together should be enough to make you puke never mind vote for McCall.

Pataki is the lesser of two evils.  Keep in mind the winning Gov usually helps elect assemblymen and senators on his coattails.  We don't need no more stinkin' democRATS in the legislature.

And yes, it could get a whole lot worse for gun owner’s in NY.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is truly a shame for New York to lose a chance to have for a Govenor my good friend Andrew Cuomo.  He had done so much good in HUD, and he could have done so much for New York.  It is truly sad.

Bill C. [smoke]
View Quote

Thanks, Slick Willy.  Your opinion is always welcome here. [:D]

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is good news...Good riddance to the Cuomo "legacy"...Now, if we can just get the rest of the Metro area to vote out Schumer and the Carpetbagger....[puke]
View Quote

Amen to that brother!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

one of my buddy's said the other day that some of the rural republican counties ought to help throw out some of the Republicans. They don't do jack for us because we are a "Given" it's the counties in NY that could swing either way that get pork barrel stuff and other goodies to sway them. Why do anything for your faithful sheep like Republicans when they will vote for you no matter what?
View Quote

Careful about cutting your nose off to spite your face.  

You could end up with no nose or face. [:D]

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Let me know when you upstate fuckers have finally had enough and decide to secede from that city that has been dragging you all down for the past century or so.  I'll come up and give you a helping hand.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
good ridance
are there any progun people running?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Tom Golisano, a self made (B?)illionaire from Rochester, NY, is running (again) as an independent, conservative candidate. He has taken Elmer Pataki to task for caving in to the gungrabbers, among other things. Will he win? Not a chance. Will he take votes away from Elmer? At least one[:D] Will it help McCall? Who cares? He and Pataki are of the same ilk.

There is no way in hell back-stabbing Screw-Me-Elmo will get my vote, or any other stinkin' "moderate" Republican.

Keep in mind that Cuomo the Elder was unable to pass any gun control legislation. Only with Pataki's guidance was such crap voted in.

Hiram, how can you sleep at night trying to help re-elect that rat-phuck, Pataki?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#25]
The only issue I care about is the gun issue, if he ain't for me, he is against me.

If he is against me, he is the enemy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top