Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Chicago Cubs in 4.

Shut up. A guy can dream.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Be Careful. Angels still have a chance...

...I hope. But now me being from NY I can REALLY appreciate the term "Fuckin' A's"
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I predict players will make money, and greedy owners will make even more money.  I predict that fans will pay astronomical prices for tickets to see a bunch of spoiled brats scratch themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what they told me:

Seattle will continue to slide.
Oakland will go into a 12 game losing streak.
Anaheim will win the Western division and go on to take the a.l. penant.

Arizona will win the n.l. penant.

World Series: Anaheim 4 games to 2.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#9]
The Dodgers just spanked the Diamond backs 19-1. They seem to be hitting their groove just in time, maybe it will be the Dogers vs. Angels.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I watched the last part of that game on TV, and despite the fact that my fave team the D'Backs got whooped, it was great. It was hilarious when Arizona sent out a first baseman, Mark Grace, to pitch in the ninth inning and he did a little impersonation of another Diamondback pitcher, except with a 72 mph fastball, LOL. He did do one nice inside slider and retired the Dodgers for the inning with only 4 at bats and one run. Better than Oropesca, man that guy sucks, letting like ten runs in one inning for a game ERA of like 160 or something.

Oh well, anyway I think the Diamondbacks will get out of the very short slump, and even though they've lost 5 of the last 6 they're still 5 games ahead of LA.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Atlanta vs NY
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope the Twins are there.  Everyone should root for them--MLB wanted to close their club and they have a small market and small salaries but still won 2 world series in the late 80s and early 90s.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top