Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2002 2:14:58 PM EDT
So, I went to the supermarket today. I park way out, so nobody dings my door or puts a buggy next to my car.

3 spots closer to the store, 2 women (Mom and 18ish old daughter) are loading groceries,... 3 carts full. One is empty, so I take it, WITH them watching, and place it into a buggy collector. I then proceed into the store.

I am STANDING INSIDE the store, and I watch these 2 retards leave the buggies and get into the car. LUCKILY, they were farting around, and they were still sitting there when I walked out... Mom is in the passenger seat, and daughter is on the phone in the drivers seat.

"Do either of you have any common sense or respect for others property?!" I said.

"Huh?" Replied Mom.

"Thank you for leaving the buggies out in the open so they roll into my new car and dent it." (Me)

(Now, I am to the buggies and am rolling them towards the holder....)

"Well, they weren't rolling anywhere..." Mom replied.

"EVEN IN THIS BACKWATER HILLBILLYVILLE THERE IS GRAVITY, BUT OBVIOUSLY NO COMMON SENSE OR RESPECT!!!"

They sat in silence, and drove off after watching me park their buggies...

THE POINT: Park your damn buggies in the holder! My new car already has ONE ding in it from a buggy! Teach all members of your household this important lesson.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I think its time you change your rag.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
what the fuck is a buggie?
is that like a shopping cart?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Take your OLD car to the store!!
[:D][:D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If you had a fine quality AMERICAN car (like a '84 442) with thick steel panels, it wouldnt dent  :p
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing common courtesy doesn't extend to taking up 2 or 3 spaces so that no one will park next to your new car.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I can beat The cart example of rudeness.

While I was attending UMD my car (a rusted out old 88 Horizon) was vandalized. Well, it was picked up, moved, kicked, beaten, and had a tail light smashed out. Sadly enough the car wasn't much worse for wear. I still have that car and enjoy the freedom from fear of damage that it affords.

BTW Minnesota nice is BS, people are really rude drivers/parkers here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Gosh, you guys are just gonna hate me.
When I was 12, the grocery store my mom went to was on the top of hill, the parking lot
sloping down. I would push carts down the hill
and watch them bounce off of parked cars!!
I was a bad boy........
[devil]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you had a fine quality AMERICAN car (like a '84 442) with thick steel panels, it wouldnt dent  :p
View Quote

What is an '84 442????? I thought they quit making the 442 (the REAL ones) in the 70's...
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Common courtsey, just like common sense, should be on the endangered species list. Why the hell is it refered to as common when so few people exemplify it?

It just amazes me that these lazy ass SOB's can push the damn thing all over the store and out to their car, mini-van, sokker-mom-mobile, etc . . . yet cannot bring themselves to walk the damned cart back to the store or a cart rack in the very parking lot their vehicle is in. It is no wonder that the nation is headed to hell in a grocery basket!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
One question...

Was the 18 year old girl cute?

(its alright, im 17)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys are missing the point. People just don't care. Toss trash out the window, leave buggies to damage other's property,...

You USED to have to take your buggy (Shopping cart) back INTO the store when you were done with it...
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I just finished working carts for the summer to afford paying for my fist gun...

You have no idea how rude people are.. SPend some time to notice how many people take a cart for  one Item, take it to the far corner of the lot, and just leave it.

Bastards, after about 2 days I stopped caring at all about the customers cars (Except for the few that I actually knew were decent folks).

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#19]
This is a huge personal pet peeve of mine.

The "budget" or "warehouse" or whatever you call it chain here in CA known as FoodMax ( I call it FoodMexico) has a quite ingenious solution to this problem, and it works.

Each cart has a lock mechanism, and attached to that it a short chain with a bar that it designed to be inserted into the cart in back of it when the cart is inserted into the stack.  To get a cart out, a quarter must be deposited into the lock, which releases the bar.  The only way to get the quarter back is by inserting the bar from another cart, and the only way that happens is if the cart is placed in its stack.

The efficacy of this method is really quite astounding.  The same lowlifes who bounce carts all over the wal mart parking lot make damn sure that they return the cart at the FoodMax lot to get their quarter back.  It's quite an insight into the mindset of the common man.  Too lazy to walk 50 yards for the benefit of others, but more than willing to do it to get a quarter back.

Simply amazing.  It has to be seen to be believed, but I have never seen a stray cart in the lot.  The store only has to send out employees to bring in the organized stacks from the collection points, not to round them up from all over the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So, I went to the supermarket today. I park way out, so nobody dings my door or puts a buggy next to my car.
View Quote

Hmmm...

"Do either of you have any common sense or respect for others property?!" I said.
View Quote

What did they damage again??

"Huh?" Replied Mom.

"Thank you for leaving the buggies out in the open so they roll into my new car and dent it." (Me)
View Quote

So they [i]did[/i] hit your car??

"Well, they weren't rolling anywhere..." Mom replied.
View Quote

Oh!!!  They [b]didn't[/b] actually hit or damage your car in any way!!

"EVEN IN THIS BACKWATER HILLBILLYVILLE THERE IS GRAVITY, BUT OBVIOUSLY NO COMMON SENSE OR RESPECT!!!"

They sat in silence, and drove off after watching me park their buggies...
View Quote

So they were just lazy but not negligent.  Plus they got you to do their work for them.

THE POINT: Park your damn buggies in the holder! My new car already has ONE ding in it from a buggy! Teach all members of your household this important lesson.
View Quote

Oh cry me a freaking river[>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe so but that just means a bigger chip in the paint.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote:
You USED to have to take your buggy (Shopping cart) back INTO the store when you were done with it...

THEY used to bring your groceries out to the car for you and return the cart themselves for a small tip.....AHHH those were the good ole days
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Common courtesy, Whats that?

I can't believe how inconsiderate and rude people have become lately. I almost always, if I can, hold the door for poeople when entering a department type store.

I bet 80% of the time, people don't even make eye contact. I don't ask for much, a simple head nod, or thank you is fine by me. I'm not asking anyone to be my best friend.

It's really astonoshing how rude people have become. Come on folks! Have some decency!

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
THEY used to bring your groceries out to the car for you and return the cart themselves for a small tip.....AHHH those were the good ole days
View Quote

They still do that in Eastern Tennessee, and they're not even allowed to accept tips.

I don't take advantage of it (hell, I'm not THAT lazy) and it bugs me that they're forbidden to accept tips (wtf?) but it's great for the proverbial little old lady.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Common courtesy, Whats that?

I can't believe how inconsiderate and rude people have become lately. I almost always, if I can, hold the door for poeople when entering a department type store.

I bet 80% of the time, people don't even make eye contact. I don't ask for much, a simple head nod, or thank you is fine by me. I'm not asking anyone to be my best friend.

It's really astonoshing how rude people have become. Come on folks! Have some decency!

-Jared
View Quote

I too hold the door for people, but a thank you is entirely out of the question for them.  In fact, last night as I was leaving the local skating rink, I held the door for the woman behind me.  Well, besides not getting a thank you, at least six other people just kept right on through, while I was still holding the door.  I finally just had to let it go, as no-one seem to care anyway.
However, I'm not going to change my ways because of a few rude individulas...
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I once had my car rammed by a store employee who was collecting shopping carts.  With me sitting in the car, speechless with surprise/shock.  I actually was busy with "stuff", until I heard the approaching cart, and looked up to witness the impact.
Funny thing is that she looked me in the eye and denied being at fault, saying that she "dint know how it happn".  A quick trip to the store manager later, I had a check for a paint repair, and she a dressing-down, at the least. Never did see her again in that store, though.  And so it goes...
View Quote

Was this at Shaws? I have seen several people complain to the manager at various Shaws supermarkets about this. Must be part of their training...[stick]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
what the fuck is a buggie?
is that like a shopping cart?
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
If the only thing you worry about is getting a ding in your car, you dont know how good you got it =)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
guys!!!!!!
You are giving this guy crap because he was pissed that some lazy bitch did not have the respect to return a cart?
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No offense but that is pathetic.
What possible reason could anyone have for not returning the cart? Important TV show in a little bit? Hmmmmm?

Mugzilla I agree with you all the way, why treat a bitch like a princess?

As for the cart lock thing I saw a great idea in Germany a while back. You buy a cart key (or put a deposit down I don't know) for like 5 bucks, it fits on your keychain so you always have it with you. You use it to unlock the cart from the rack and then when you return it, the key comes out. Simple. And if you are too important to return your cart like our little mommy, then someone like me will do it for the five bucks. No carts in the parking lot ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#32]
OH You may have missed my topic posed about a month ago about SELF RESPECT and COMMON COURTESY has gone out the window. Some butthead (You know the type, hair greased back, Oakley sunglasses and the cell phone glued to his head calling everyone "babe" driving his convertable Mercedes) gives my BRAND NEW Eclipse a door ding.

yeah, we saw it happen. Friend of mine tells me to get in the car and start it up. So I do. Friend of mine was also a Marine wearing his combat boots. He back kicked that door on that Mercedes so friggin hard, I have to wonder if the window was able to be rolled down again.

And about the "THANK YOU's" not being addressed when you hold a door open for someone. Repeat this line over and over again until you MEMORIZE IT!!! : "You're Welcome BITCH!"

You are NOT being disrespectful when you use this phrase, you are helping them. You are teaching them SELF WORTH. You dont NEED a thank you. THEY NEED IT.

[b]NOW THAT YOU HAVE ME ON A ROLL!!!...[/b]

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO "YOU'RE WELCOME??"

I say "Thank you" and what do I get back? "Uh huh" or "yep" ...

...[b]"YEP????"[/b] are you f*cking kidding me? thats when you call the manager over and ask them "when was the last time YOU taught 'customer service' lessons? to your employees??"

HOLD HIS ASS RESPONSIBLE!!! It like the Armed services. If you hold the high ranking officers responsible for the enlisted. you BET they will shape up their asses!

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
heres a SHOCKER

even in SoCal ...LA ...South Central gangland, even
the clerk WILL take your cart out for you or with you upon Request, its there Job, and they are NOT allowed to accept tips.

i did this for many years as a teenager, sometimes they will even ask if you need help out to the car, its also easier to accept the tip than to argue on how your not supposed to take it.

is common courtesy dieing? yeah

ill gaurantee the lady and daughter thought you were some nutjob for yelling at them and didnt have the slightest clue as to why.

btw, WTF is a buggy? sounds like something to carry a baby in
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Insofar as working there.

MY job was just to make sure the customers had Carts in front of the store... which I performed marginally (Hey at least I'm honest) :)

I never actually damaged anyones car, or had that happen while I was working there.

But what peeved me was how people would come in doing like 50 into the lot, and then screech on the brakes in front of a space where I'm gathering carts to push back into the store... Typically they honk the horn or give a rude hand gesture.

After a while you get to the point where you realize that they can wait.

Also annoying was when I'd be pushing say maybe 2 thousand pounds of carts (40 or so) very delibirately and in clear sight, and people will speed past the front of the line... oblivious to the concept of INERTIA... Not much you can do there, but its always lovely to know that people will risk killing themselves, myself, and anyone in the general vicinity of the FRONT OF THE STORE by cutting on to the store entrance sidewalk ramp (Not even JUST the firelane) at 35 or so miles an hour... just to save approximitely 30 seconds of time.

Then of course you'd get the occasional eldely gentleman who'd return his cart to the front of the store that would restore ones faith in humanity.

Irregardless, it was a crappy job and I'm glad its behind me. In retrospect I shouldnt have even bothered with it seeing as how I've got 3 years towards a Management degree... but its something to feel good about, knowing that I earned my first gun with actual physical labor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Here is my incident:

I am leaving the mall one day and see some people approaching, so being the courteous person I am I hold the door open for them. 2 womenz walk in not even acknowledging my existence followed by an obvious FDCGH who rushes by while blabbing on his cell phone. I am just standing like why the hell should I even bother? When this middle eastern family comes by and the Sadam Hussein looking dad tells me "thank you" and takes hold of the door handle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"You're Welcome BITCH!"
View Quote

Outstanding!

DF - I use "you're welcome" in a condescending tone - don't want to call them names - try to avoid any type of fault at all if a confrontation should occur [0:)]  Don't want some crazy, fluke incident screwing up my CCL either.

I must say in all honesty, though that I am thanked by virtually everyone I hold the door for.  Maybe there's hope for society.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I always look for the new vehicle parked waaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck out there.. and park next to it.

[;D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#39]
It's all the result of 20 years of "self-esteem"  and the growth of PC (resulting in ' you can't do nuttin' to me.")
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not trying to defend the nimrods in the original post. That just wouldn't be my style. But, very infrequently, you find a person who does not return the cart with a very valid reason.

My wife will not return the cart (I would beat her silly if she did) if she has my children (infant and young child) with her. Loading the truck with groceries and children is a chore enough. But, that is not why. She's fit enough to handle the workload. But, a child was recently abducted from his car seat while the mother returned the cart (Abilene, TX -- I think).

Now, if she's by herself or only has the older child, that's another story. I personally try to park next to the cart returns. You never have to worry about any carts making it to the general vicinity. Therefore, no door dings.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Mugz,

You're right, even here in Texas, where people are generally pretty nice, there ain't no courtesy in parking lots.  Carts left everywhere... heck, people park right across the lane from a shopping cart parking deal, and STILL don't wheel it the 10 feet it takes to park it right.

My car is small enough tho, that I can use other people's cars for cover!  [peep]

It's damn near impossible to get a door ding with a car as small as mine.  It's so small, even in a tight parking space, someone would have to TRY to hit it.  But SHO NUFF last week, in the lot at work, someone opened their door right into my driver side.  Left a nice dent and some rust colored paint behind.  I hope it buffs out.  My car is only 6 months old!  

Common courtesy and consideration for other people's property is pretty far gone today.  :(

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
guys!!!!!!

What possible reason could anyone have for not returning the cart? Important TV show in a little bit? Hmmmmm?
View Quote

The mom that had her child taken while going 30 feet to return the shoping cart..

I really doubt that lady will [b]EVER[/b] return a cart on her life..

personally I believe all parking lots need bb Gun armed gaurds... :
your are alone-- and leave your cart... = BB in the ass...
you have older kids that WONT take the cart back...= BB in your ass and the spoiled kids ass.
you see a woman with a small child and dont replace her cart = BB in your ass.

< Damn .. I want that job..>

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#43]
sgt_seti

hadn't though of that but I agree. That would be one excuse I could live with, the other possibly someone who is disabled.

Most of the people that I see leave carts are not though. Just lazy and inconsiderate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, the lazy and inconsiderate bastages deserve a bb in the @$$. (Good idea, cluster.)
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Life is too short to waste it getting bent over something like this. Please try to lighten up, you will live a longer and happier life for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I live in an area with a lot of lawyers, investment bankers, etc.  There is a LOT of what I call Mercedes Syndrome here.  That is the absolute belief that if you pay $60,000 for your car you have the unqualified right to drive it where ever and when even you please.  Those silly traffic laws don't apply to you -- you're MUCH too important.  Men and women both suffer from this disease.  Audi drivers are a close second.

I have had people honk angrily at me when I have a green light but they want to make a right turn on red (forget that bit about "after stop if the way is clear") or they want to make a left turn right across my lane.  If traffic is backed up, I will not block a side road.  It is discourteous and impedes traffic flow.  It's not like blocking a side road will get me (or them) through the traffic light any faster.  You should hear some of these people.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#47]
About a year ago the Kroger near me got robbed and they cracked down on people parking in the fire zone and in the hanicapped areas that are close to the store.  
A Mercedez (I don't know a lot about this make of vehicle) Kommpressor hauls ass into the lot and parks right by the door.  I figured the rent a cop or Kroger Ninja would flip out and make them move.  It turned out to be some zone manager type Kroger employee's car and the Kroger Ninja was watching it for him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#48]
 It's not just shopping carts and doors, it's damn near everything.
 When I made my first appointment with the surgeons office to operate on my neck, the stupid b*tch didnt tell me jack about what to bring along.  I brought what I had, which was very little.  The doc spent 20 minutes reading me the riot act until I interrupted him and told him what had happened.  He shut up, and got down to business.  The only problem is that it took 3 more months to get the show on the road, and I was in incredible pain at the time.  
 One year later I need to contact the doc.  i spend 20 minutes listening to elevator music on the damn automatic answering system waiting for a real human being to answer the phone, then the stupid b*tch on the other end loses the message.  One thing that all of these remarkd have in common is most of the perps are female.  I guess that one of the side effects of 'liberation' is the women think they can act like real c**ts and get away with it.  I am about ready to turn one or two of these spoiled sluts over my knee and spanking them, but knowing my luck, she will LIKE it.....  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Irregardless, it was a crappy job and I'm glad its behind me. In retrospect I shouldnt have even bothered with it seeing as how I've got 3 years towards a Management degree...
View Quote

FWIW - "Irregardless" is not a word.  It's a butchered cross between regardless and irrespective.  I would have thought that with three years towards a management degree you would have known that. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Ever notice how you can park 100 yrds away from the nearest vehicle in the lot and when you come out of the store some peckerhead is parked right next to you, 300 other spaces open all around?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top