Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2002 7:29:17 PM EDT
Someone else started a thread bashing this show.  Now, I never plugged in the antenna to my TV nor did I sign up for cable, because I don't watch TV, although I admit, the one show that I ask my family to tape and give it to me is World's Wildest Police Videos.  While the author of the other thread hates the announcer, personally, I love him.  I think he makes the show.  So what's the best line you ever heard on the show?  I'll start:

After a car ran a road block and busted its tires on the nail strips the cops set out, the announcer says, "Now the vehicle staggers across the road like a wounded animal!"

Who writes this stuff??  Absolutely brilliant!!

-Nick Viejo
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Your line was pretty damm funny.

But here's one I sort of recall.

A car had a long piece of metal hanging on the end of it.  That piece of metals whipping around like a sparkling snake.  Or something like that.  It too was funny.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost anything Sherriff John Bunnell says is funny, due to his inflection.
"The POWERFUL assault weapon"
"The POWERFUL SUV"
"NOBODY needs guns like these"
Yadda, yadda, yadda.  He's an anti-gun homo, but I must admit I enjoy the show.  You can sometimes even see the bias as it leaves the barrel of his mouth!
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Want to know about Bunnell's idiotic quotes?  Here's an actual E-mail sent to the John Bunnell Fan Club:

[size=3]11/12/01 - email received from Robert:

"john, you add too much b.s. to your comments, like:
misses by inches (not true)
crazed driver is drunk (you don't know this till after person is arrested)
and what's with the pretend guy in the chopper?
do you expect me to believe the same guy is actually in a chopper reporting in all these different states?
the videos speak for themselves, overdoing comments is just so silly." [/size=3]

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I like the sound effects they throw in, you'll be watching from the chopper and hear tires squealing and brakes screeching from inside the chopper. Bunnell gets a little carried away sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have to admit that I enjoy watching the show too. It's exciting and you never know what to expect. While watching these pursuits on tv, they are wild and exciting but for those really involved, they are a hair-raising experience.

I just ignore John Bunnell usually anyway. I mean who needs a narrator for this program anyway? If you can see, then it's obvious what is going on...you don't need his input. But I think if you injected NASCAR commentator Benny Parsons into the line-up, it would make it better with his patented "ohhhhhhh's and ahhhhhhhhh's" as cars come close to striking something!

Now, my favorite ever "funny" from these videos was uttered from the mouth of a drunk driver and not Bunnell. Does anyone remember the pick-up truck chase in which a drunk driver runs, has his tires taken out by spike strips and is driving on rims at high speeds with a shower of sparks coming from his vehicle? Just as this vehicle is almost fully engulfed in flames the driver finally pulls over. When the pursuing police officer asks why he took so many risks and wouldn't stop, the drunken driver simply said in the most calm voice you will ever hear......"I need a beer"!!!! That had to take the cake for most bone-headed move I have ever seen on tv or real-life for that matter. But because nobody was killed by this idiot, I can laugh about it now when I see it.

---Charging Handle
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top