Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2002 5:20:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahh, it happens to the best of us.  Don't be ashamed.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just think of it as bonus dietary fiber.
[:D]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Just as an FYI, a loaf of bread is allowed to have a certain amount of insect parts, per loaf.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just as an FYI, a loaf of bread is allowed to have a certain amount of insect parts, per loaf.
View Quote

I REALLY didn't need to know that!

It is going to be hard not eating bread for awhile....
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the fact that there is actually an FDA regulation on the maximum number of rodent hairs in processed meats, such as hot dogs and bologna!

I mean I thought the number should be, well, [b]ZERO![/b]

But apparently not! [:X*]

Eric The(HowManyRawHotDogs????)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I know that PEANUT BUTTER has one of the highest "other parts, not peanuts" % allowed by the FDA...(little bug turds, carcasses, legs etc..)

Do you like it SMOOTH or EXTRA CHUNKY?

Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I found insect exoskeletons floating in my coffee.  I had not drank any of it yet.
They were just about the same size as the bugs I found crawling on the counter.
I'm not thirsty anymore, and I am wide awake.
View Quote

Don't worry, it is all protien.

There is a USDA specification for all foreign elements in any processed food. Rat droppings, (Rat Fecal Matter) insect parts, what ever can get into food as it's processed, there is a USDA specification on how much is allowed. Does that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling?

Bill
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
[puke]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Just some added protein, right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]
You ate boogers when you were a child,and still lived .I doubt that it would be on any adults menu.

You don't want to know whats in the foods that we eat!

Bob   [8D]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#13]
What a night that must have been. Did you have to knaw your arm off to keep from waking her up?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Last week I saw my little 19 month old Son pick summin' up off the carpet and eat it, so I went to rasslin' with him i/o to retrieve it.  I didn't get it all, but what I did get, was HALF of a dead bug of one kind or another.  Kinda gross, but oh well, what's the little shooter eaten off the carpet we HAVEN'T seen?[puke]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Last week I saw my little 19 month old Son pick summin' up off the carpet and eat it, so I went to rasslin' with him i/o to retrieve it.  I didn't get it all, but what I did get, was HALF of a dead bug of one kind or another.  Kinda gross, but oh well, what's the little shooter eaten off the carpet we HAVEN'T seen?[puke]
View Quote

Check the food that the [b]little shooter[/b] has processed through him, and see if you can determine what he has eaten.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
My Grandma worked in a cannery you don't want to know whats up.yes by law there are ALL sorts of allowed stuff in that can!.

A Illegal immigrant lost a body part on the production line she worked her shift in dire fear of being turned into INS an booted from the country...I will never eat canned Peaches,Pears or stewed 'maters again...and it does'nt stop there.the whole food industry is allowed to do this McDoodles,Kentucky Freid Rat Tail etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Awwwe..Come on, isnt anybody gonna post that photo of the Third World kid with his face firmly implanted into the cows' rear end?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Remember the fried chicken head a woman found in her Chicken McNuggets last year?

[img]www.seanbaby.com/news/images/chicken07.jpg[/img]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Commercially available groubd black pepper can have as much as 10% rotent feces in it. It comes from the way it's stored and transported. I buy whole peppercorns and grind my own.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Commercially available groubd black pepper can have as much as 10% rotent feces in it. It comes from the way it's stored and transported. I buy whole peppercorns and grind my own.
View Quote

Ben: Thats your story, and your going to stick to it - Right? I don't have a weak stomach, but ten percent? that is beyond gross.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#21]
When I found that out I promptly went home and pitched all the ground pepper. I refuse to use ground pepper in restaurants and ask my entree's to be prepared w/o it. If I can't grind it I don't want it. For some reason, the idea of eating mouse turds doesn't appeal to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#22]
This is one of those things that will drive you crazy if you obsess over it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I found that out I promptly went home and pitched all the ground pepper. I refuse to use ground pepper in restaurants and ask my entree's to be prepared w/o it. If I can't grind it I don't want it. For some reason, the idea of eating mouse turds doesn't appeal to me.
View Quote

Ben: I showed your first post to my wife, [b]her face turned green around the edges[/b], she went into the kitchen, threw all of the pepper away.

She then went to the bathroom and stayed in there for a long time. When she came out, she said, "Don't ever show me something like that again."

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#24]
That isn't bad, they closed a Chinese Restuarant near us a few weeks......Skinned cats in the Refrigator
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Regarding that fried chicken head...I LOVE it!
I want to special order one for the next time I do hot wings with my buddies (every Friday) just for shits and giggles.   That restaurant does enough chicken that they probably do find the occasional head.

Did you also know that there is an FDA standard for the amount of rat droppings that are allowed in tobacco products?   Not just smoking tobacco, but snuff, too.

So if it smells or tastes like shit (and it always does, in my opinion) then there may be a good reason for it.

And here ya go:

http://www.boners.com/grub/383839.html

Now, does THAT exceed the FDA standard for rodent hairs in the bread?

CJ

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That isn't bad, they closed a Chinese Restuarant near us a few weeks......Skinned cats in the Refrigator
View Quote

Cats, the other [v] [b]DARK[/b],  varigated meat.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Am I the only one that read "The Jungle" in high school English class?

A new book to read is "Fast Food Nation"

Read them and change your eating habits guaranteed!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I showed this to [b]Old Storm and Strife, the wife.[/b] Oh Well, looks like I may be sleeping on the couch for a while. I love that [b][green]green[/b][/green] around the Gills look she gets.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I hate to burst your bubble Bendover but there is filth standard for whole peppercorns also. Unless you clean and inspect each peppercorn under a microscope you're getting some animal excreta in it. What about all the other spices and condiments you put on your food. Sorry.

PEPPER, WHOLE (BLACK & WHITE)
Insect filth and/or insect-mold(MPM-V39) Average of 1% or more pieces by weight are infested and/or moldy

Mammalian excreta(MPM-V39) Average of 1 mg or more mammalian excreta per pound

Foreign matter(MPM-V39) Average of 1% or more pickings and siftings by weight

The Food Defect Action Levels

[url]http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dalbook.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#31]
[b]****COCHINEAL EXTRACT****[/b]

I am surprised that none of you brought this one up. look at some fruit juices that have that ingredient.

It is a bug that is squished for its red coloring. It resembles a locust if I recall correctly. they actually print "cochineal extract" on the ingredient list!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#32]
What a bunch of weenies! Human beings are the most disgusting, most filthy, disease carrying animals on the planet. Just shut up and eat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#33]
[url]
http://www.cspinet.org/new/carmine_8_24_98.htm[/url]

Insect-derived Coloring Causes Severe Allergic Reactions

Food colorings that cause severe allergic reactions should be disclosed clearly on labels or possibly banned, a national health-advocacy group is telling the Food and Drug Administration.

The colorings come in two forms, cochineal extract or carmine. Both are derived from female cochineal beetles, which are raised in Peru, the Canary Islands, and elsewhere. They provide a pink, red, or purple color to foods ranging from ice cream and yogurt to fruit drinks and the aperitif Campari, as well as to pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Chicken Mcnuggets are ground, processed, and then formed from chicken, bones and all.

yech!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to High School, before the [b]middle of the last CENTURY[/b]. Were those books written then?

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hate to burst your bubble Bendover but there is filth standard for whole peppercorns also. Unless you clean and inspect each peppercorn under a microscope you're getting some animal excreta in it. What about all the other spices and condiments you put on your food. Sorry.

PEPPER, WHOLE (BLACK & WHITE)
Insect filth and/or insect-mold(MPM-V39) Average of 1% or more pieces by weight are infested and/or moldy

Mammalian excreta(MPM-V39) Average of 1 mg or more mammalian excreta per pound

Foreign matter(MPM-V39) Average of 1% or more pickings and siftings by weight

The Food Defect Action Levels

[url]http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dalbook.html[/url]
View Quote

Ben:
Ya gotta Love this!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am surprised that none of you brought this one up. look at some fruit juices that have that ingredient.

It is a bug that is squished for its red coloring. It resembles a locust if I recall correctly. they actually print "cochineal extract" on the ingredient list!!!
View Quote

Drfrige:
Your going to have me on a label reading binge.

Ben:
Have you read this?

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What a bunch of weenies! Human beings are the most disgusting, most filthy, disease carrying animals on the planet. Just shut up and eat.
View Quote

Not wanting to flame a [b][pink]hairy chested, two fisted dude[/b][/pink] like youself here. However, are you including yourself in those remarks?

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#39]
BenDover, I am surprised you eat at all.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Chicken Mcnuggets are ground, processed, and then formed from chicken, bones and all.

yech!
View Quote

DScott:
I think that was more than I needed to know. Are you [b][red]SURE[/b][/red] of this McNugget composition?

Edited to say: You might as well have told me they threw everything, except the feathers in. Guts and all.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to High School, before the [b]middle of the last CENTURY[/b]. Were those books written then?

Bill
View Quote

"The Jungle" was written in 1906, maybe you were in the bathroom smokin or something. Here it is if you want to check it out.[url]http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Literature/Sinclair/TheJungle/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Bill
View Quote

"The Jungle" was written in 1906, maybe you were in the bathroom smokin or something. Here it is if you want to check it out.[url]http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Literature/Sinclair/TheJungle/[/url]
View Quote

I did notice that was a [b]Berkeley LINK.[/b] Are you from the [red]LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE?[/red]

I came from a Beef producing area, that would explain why Upton Sinclairs book was not in the library.

Upton Sinclair may have been the only Liberal that ever did anything good for the common man. Accidentially accomplished, but good just the same.

Upton Sinclairs agenda, was not to clean up the meat packing industry, his agenda, was to get rid of the meat packing industry.

I will ignore your snippy little elitest remark about smoking in the bathroom. I don't smoke, and I wouldn't smoke what those in the [red]LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE[/red] smoke.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I did notice that was a [b]Berkeley LINK.[/b] Are you from the [red]LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE?[/red]

I came from a Beef producing area, that would explain why Upton Sinclairs book was not in the library.

Upton Sinclair may have been the only Liberal that ever did anything good for the common man. Accidentially accomplished, but good just the same.

Upton Sinclairs agenda, was not to clean up the meat packing industry, his agenda, was to get rid of the meat packing industry.

I will ignore your snippy little elitest remark about smoking in the bathroom. I don't smoke, and I wouldn't smoke what those in the [red]LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE[/red] smoke.

Bill
View Quote

LMAO! You got all that from 'smokin in the bathroom' and a Berkeley link? A mighty intellectual to be sure and yet your skin is so thin and your playhouse so easily torn down. Sorry if I offended you but here at Berkeley smokin in the bathroom is akin to laying out, cutting class, skippin school or I guess you can hide out an smoke in the bathroom if you plan on attending class later in the day. I however, being an elitist, do none of this. I don't have to. I pay someone to attend class for me and when I'm feeling lazy I pay him to lay out of class too. I even pay someone to shoot my AR although I do tell him when to squeeze the trigger "you may fire Jeeves". As for THE LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE thats someplace you may want to look into, I'm not sure what their smokin though. Here's a link:
[url]http://www.headinjury.com/school.htm[/url]
I'll gladly pay someone to give you a good recommendation to the Dean of Admissions.

P.S. I didn't write this I paid someone to. I guess that's just the elitist in me. You may now return to your meat packing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally posted by DoomPatrol

LMAO! You got all that from 'smokin in the bathroom' and a Berkeley link? A mighty intellectual to be sure and yet your skin is so thin and your playhouse so easily torn down. Sorry if I offended you but here at Berkeley smokin in the bathroom is akin to laying out, cutting class, skippin school or I guess you can hide out an smoke in the bathroom if you plan on attending class later in the day. I however, being an elitist, do none of this. I don't have to. I pay someone to attend class for me and when I'm feeling lazy I pay him to lay out of class too. I even pay someone to shoot my AR although I do tell him when to squeeze the trigger "you may fire Jeeves". As for THE LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE thats someplace you may want to look into, I'm not sure what their smokin though. Here's a link:
I'll gladly pay someone to give you a good recommendation to the Dean of Admissions.

P.S. I didn't write this I paid someone to. I guess that's just the elitist in me. You may now return to your meat packing.
View Quote

Quiet Please -- A Richard Head is speaking!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yech!
View Quote

DScott:
I think that was more than I needed to know. Are you [b][red]SURE[/b][/red] of this McNugget composition?

Edited to say: You might as well have told me they threw everything, except the feathers in. Guts and all.

Bill
View Quote

Absolutely true.  Told to me by someone who works in the fast-food industry selling chemicals (mainly phosphates) to McDonalds.

Like I said, yech!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Drfrige:
Your going to have me on a label reading binge.

Bill
View Quote

Last I checked, look at Mauna Loa or Ocean Spray Pink grapefruit cocktail or something like that I may be wrong but I THINK it is Mauna Loa was one of them
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Originally posted by DoomPatrol

View Quote

Quiet Please -- A Richard Head is speaking!

Bill
View Quote

Hey you ol' fossil. That's Mr. Dickhead. I haven't been called Richard since I was a little prick. In the meantime let's not hijack any more of DoubleFeeds thread, if you've got something more to say email me.

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=doompatrol&album_id=80216&image_id=12&show=image¶m=58094[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, seeing as this thread descended from sick straight to truly disgusting, I'm going to leave now.

Hopefully, my disgust will last long enough for me not to eat for a month, causing me to lose some much non-needed weight.

Thanks all for helping me with my diet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top