Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2002 4:44:07 PM EDT
Man, it's bad enough when these "wildest" shows have commentators or narrators who describe what's happening on the screen but what I find especially annoying are the sounds they play in the background.

Chase on the freeway?   Just play a canned truck horn as the car flys by a couple tractor trailers.   Same clip again only this time in slow motion?   Play the same truck horn only drag it on for a few seconds to make it seem longer.

Canned sirens, canned tire squeels, canned horns.

It's just plain canned CRAP!

Then the narrator who used to be in the REALLY old episodes of Cops, I don't care if he was a former officer or not.   The guy's comments from the peanut gallery are just rediculous, I could see needing his stupid ass if the show was meant for the blind but the seeing people have a fine time figuring out what is going on.    For once I'm jealous of the deaf!

And does anyone else ever find it funny how the narrator touts the drivers as being some sort of "super human" driver if they manage to escape a botched pit maneuver?    I mean common, an attempted 5mph pit doesn't work quite the same as if you try to do it to do it to the same car when it's going 25+mph.

Ahhhh, I feel better now.  Had to get that off my chest.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just remember, everything is 'a cop's worst nightmare'

Can't stand it either
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, how can I possibly forget that one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it when the cars go off-road but the sound effects guys put in the sound of tires squealing on asphalt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what you get for watching TV.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's what you get for watching TV.
View Quote

exactly
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
World's Wildest/Scariest/Most Dramatic Police Video's was pretty cool the first few times, but you gotta admit it would have been a decent show without that John Bunnell guy and all his "experts".
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I like when "the crazed driver narrowly misses a pedestrian"... By about 100 yards. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I find it funny that the cops ALWAYS catch the runners! they never show any chases where the "bad guys" get away

-edited for spelling
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Tere was one episode several weeks ago where they guy got away, but they never said anyhting and the clip stopped immegiately.
I am also sick of the same FAKE tire squeals, and STUPID helo announcer telling the GUESSED and obvious.  One day they were showing clips from Australia and they found an announcer to do the Helo commentary with an Australian accent.
Tonight it was "I think the driver is drinking an alcoholic beverage". This seen from 200 ft!
All I can say is notice the timeline is there is a timeand date on the camera.  The time moves from 3:15 to 3:20, to 3:10, then 3:30, then 3:12. they cant even keep straight.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking the same thing. I call them " Scooby Doo" sound effects. If you watch the old cartoons you'll hear the same sound effects as on this show [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
One episode showed them chasing a first generation RX7 which made about 150HP.  Bunnell kept talking about the 'high powered sports car', blah, blah, blah.  Granted, it could outhandle the police cruisers, but in a straight line, they should be able to outrun it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Ever notice how footage from a chopper hovering several hundred yards above the street has clear noises from car crashes, tires screeching, and gunshots?  Not only can you hear them, but they're in real time, with no lag from being so far away.

That loser sheriff, John Bunnell, is a worthless piece of shit... always going on about how cops are perfect and anyone who doesn't immediately pull over for the police are dangerous maniacal cop-killers.  Give us a break.  Someone needs to kick that bastard's teeth in.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I find it funny that the cops ALWAYS catch the runners! they never show any chases where the "bad guys" get away

-edited for spelling
View Quote

I saw one episode where a car being chased was joined by his buddy.  So the cop had to chase two cars!  The first guy got away.

And I NOW watch the show to get a good laugh.  Seems like they ran out of footage about fifty years ago.  Loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop, loop...............................

Your guy's comments are just about as funny as the show.

The show and the announcer would win the America's funniest home video of the century award.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The same helicopter news announcer is broadcasting from every city in the union.

About as entertaining as anything on television any more.
View Quote

That guy's name is Larry Welk and guess where he came from? Where else but kalifornia.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top