Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2002 5:07:47 AM EDT
Let me start off by saying this is not a trolling post, and I don't want it to turn into a flame war either. If you are going to make statements that will get this thread locked, please, don't bother.

My question to you is about Islam. I find it interesting that it appears to becoming a state sponsored religion, e.g. public schools and universities are requiring their students to learn about Islam in order to understand it better.

According to the scriptures, in the end times, a world wide religion will rise up, and Christians and Jews will be killed for their beliefs. Could this be Islam? For years many charismatic churches have accused the Roman Catholic Church of this role. But it seems to me that Islam is more fitting of the role, esp. since the Koran approves of killing those that are Christians, Jews, and those that refuse to believe.

Many countries that are believed to be involved in the final battle of good and evil (Armageddon) are now, or fast becoming Muslim nations.

I have heard it taught in church, that the US would be the last stronghold of true Christianity, not following the world religion, but with all this anti-Christian attitudes and add in the intense indoctrination for Islam. I don't think we will be a stronghold.

So what are your thoughts?

dave
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Any state sponsored/required religion gives me problems.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
But it seems to me that Islam is more fitting of the role, esp. since the Koran approves of killing those that are Christians, Jews, and those that refuse to believe.
View Quote

The Koran does not approve of killing people "of the book".

Anyway, I'm with 5subslr5, it bothers me too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any state sponsored/required religion gives me problems.
View Quote

[b]Roger That[/b]!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I am with both of you, I don't want a state sponsored/required religion either. I am a Christian, but I don't want the state even promoting what I believe.

Don't you guys find it strange, though, that while the .gov goes out of it's way to distance it self from anything that might be associated with Christianity, yet promotes teaching about Islam? All in the name of diversity?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
they make a big deal out of religion in school and god,but why did the courts say it was ok to make it mandatory the unc chapel hill freshmen had to read the book about the Quran?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
they make a big deal out of religion in school and god,but why did the courts say it was ok to make it mandatory the unc chapel hill freshmen had to read the book about the Quran?
View Quote

Sorry, but it's only the [b]Christian[/b] religion that is under attack by Courts, by liberals, by the multiculturalists, by gays, by one-worlders, by feminazis, by the cultural elite, by the liberal media, and such other idiots as those.

Apparently, they are offended only by what Jesus says and asks His followers to do.

We must be doing right!

If we can judge by the list of our enemies!

Same groups that oppose the RKBA!

Eric The(NowIsn'tThat'Special'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let me start off by saying this is not a trolling post, and I don't want it to turn into a flame war either. If you are going to make statements that will get this thread locked, please, don't bother.

My question to you is about Islam. I find it interesting that it appears to becoming a state sponsored religion, e.g. public schools and universities are requiring their students to learn about Islam in order to understand it better.

According to the scriptures, in the end times, a world wide religion will rise up, and Christians and Jews will be killed for their beliefs. Could this be Islam? For years many charismatic churches have accused the Roman Catholic Church of this role. But it seems to me that Islam is more fitting of the role, esp. since the Koran approves of killing those that are Christians, Jews, and those that refuse to believe.

Many countries that are believed to be involved in the final battle of good and evil (Armageddon) are now, or fast becoming Muslim nations.

I have heard it taught in church, that the US would be the last stronghold of true Christianity, not following the world religion, but with all this anti-Christian attitudes and add in the intense indoctrination for Islam. I don't think we will be a stronghold.

So what are your thoughts?

dave
View Quote

The UN/NGO's already have a religion that is "all inclusive". Look to hear more about it....
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
It's more PC BS from the Left.
I find it kind of funny, they fight hard to keep Christianity out of school, now they fight to
push Islam in....0 (zer0) credibility from their camp, but then, what's new.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
any thoughts from the evvening crowd?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]

I am not Christian.  However, I do have and have long had a deep belief in God.  (I report direct.  No minister, rabbi, priest, witch doctor, etc. as intermediary.)

Maybe that makes me more objective than some here.

Seems to me that when Christianity is mentioned re the public (and probably many private) school the issue of Church/State quickly comes into play.  And I believe properly so.

Now when the Muslim faith, Mushroom worship, Arock's Great Turtle Religion, etc., are brought in these are viewed as expanding our consciousness, diverse opinions, multi-cultural understanding...........................

[b]Equal treatment is what we should be about.[/b]

IMHO
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#11]
What's wrong with comparative religion classes in the schools?  Religion is, after all, kind of a big deal to many people in the world.

"State sponsorship" would be what they do in Iran, or Saudi Arabia... we do have a lot more freedom here, doncha think?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry, but it's only the [b]Christian[/b] religion that is under attack by Courts, by liberals, by the multiculturalists, by gays, by one-worlders, by feminazis, by the cultural elite, by the liberal media, and such other idiots as those.

Apparently, they are offended only by what Jesus says and asks His followers to do.

We must be doing right!

If we can judge by the list of our enemies!

Same groups that oppose the RKBA!

Eric The(NowIsn'tThat'Special'?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

[b][blue]Ya hit the nail on the head Eric![/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not a christian, jew, nor muslim, yet I am being punished for the sins of all mankind. What am I going to get after everything is all over with?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's wrong with comparative religion classes in the schools?  Religion is, after all, kind of a big deal to many people in the world.

"State sponsorship" would be what they do in Iran, or Saudi Arabia... we do have a lot more freedom here, doncha think?
View Quote

What I have a problem with, is that while even the mention of Christianity in the classroom is forbidden, they are requiring a "study" of Islam. It is religious studies, plain and simple. Quite frankly, outside of the 3 R's, I don't want the public school system teaching my kids anything.

This could open up another debate, but with the US loosing the battle for education, why are we so concerned with teaching about other cultures? And BTW other cultures that are failing mankind. Shouldn't we be concerned with making sure our children can read, write and balance a checkbook? How many kids know how to use the dewey decimal system to find a book in a library? How many kids even know where the library even is? Do they know the difference between fiction and non-fiction? How many people much less kids, do you know, that can form decisions based on logic and not feelings?

Many consider the Japanese to be cold and unfeeling, I say that in business, and in science they think logically. But I don't want to teach the Japanese culture either.

We need to wake up, before we lose our children, if you can sit there and honestly believe that there is not a concerted effort to undermine our childrens education, and values, then you need a reality check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top