Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2002 10:21:10 AM EDT
OK. Anybody actually KNOW what's in that "Campaign Finance Reform" law Bush signed?

Specifically, does it still contain that 60 day pre-election "gag rule" for the NRA and similar groups? If so, what form does that take? They literally cannot speak a candidate's name for 60 days or be thrown in jail? Or they just lose some special tax status if they do, or what?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I've hit on a real popular subject here. Must be something about the topic title I used that just gets people all fired up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, don't actually KNOW what the nitty gritty is on that damn thing. But, if it does restrict the NRA (or any other group from speaking their mind) 60 days prior to an election then it UN-constitutional! Period. People like Mc Cain, Schumer, Fienstein, klinton etc need to fvcking die.

PONY_DRIVER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top