Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2002 6:50:00 AM EDT
Hey,

A buddy of mine is after me to visit him for a while.  Isn't it hot as hell there? [:)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything is terrible, don't come, tell all your friends the same thing.

Just terrible.

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a HUGE water shortage too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm... sounds suspiciously like a man hiding something cool. [8D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Last night I saw a big monster!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Flagstaff, Prescott, etc. are nice if you like cooler weather and occasional snow in the winter.

Phoenix is nice if you like the heat and urban atmosphere. Great weather most of the time besides the summmer heat which I really don't mind. Some do.

Tucson is also urban but also not as densely populated as Phx. Little cooler too.

As far as firearms... Title 2/Class 3 weapons legal! Shall issue CCW permits! Open carry is legal. Very pro-firearm state. Frequent gunshows. Decent prices.

Not sure if you are into martial arts but especially in the Phoenix area there are many competitive places to train. Everything from standard Boxing (Carbajal has a gym right around the corner) to mixed martial arts places.

The cost of living in general is very reasonable.

What isn't to love is probably the better question...

- Phoenix has some pollution problems

- The heat will be here, count on it. I'm fine but some people really freak out when it gets in the 110s.

- Some of the drivers are maniacs

- grass in the yard takes a lot of care. Yards with rocks are common.

- no beach

AZ is great, I think we need more pro-firearms people to counter the influx of Cali Granolas.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of monster was it?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey , the place is like HELL ! Today's high in Phoenix is 110 !!!!! At night it cools down to 85 . There are rattlesnakes EVERYWHERE as well as Gila Monsters , scorpions Black Widow and  tarantulas spiders under every rock .Illegal aliens roam lawlessly thru the streets ! Traffic is just like L.A. !!!!!

NO WATER !!!!!
A REAL SHORTAGE EXSISTS !!!

GO HOME ,STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DO NOT COME TO ARIZONA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

IF YOU VISIT DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!

WELCOME TO ARIZONA - NOW GO HOME !!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Tucson is very liberal (for an Arizona city). They keep reelecting the ONLY Democ[b]rat[/b] in Congress from Arizona. The two liberal voting blocks are the birkenstock/ecofreaks of University of Arizona and the liberal hispanic immigrant vote.

Other than that - COME TO ARIZONA!

We can never have too many conservative gunowners!! [bounce]

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#9]
[B)]

i was only joshin ya.

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

GO HOME ,STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DO NOT COME TO ARIZONA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

View Quote

Oh, come on!!

We NEEEEEED more conservative gunowners here!

The liberals are immigrating and reproducing faster than we are!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]
A picture of J. Reno, dancing in the moonlight.

I was sick all night long.  Could not sleep!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Hey [b]satcong[/b]...

I know you were joshing...

...but about that monster... [peep]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tucson is very liberal (for an Arizona city). They keep reelecting the ONLY Democ[b]rat[/b] in Congress from Arizona. The two liberal voting blocks are the birkenstock/ecofreaks of University of Arizona and the liberal hispanic immigrant vote.

Other than that - COME TO ARIZONA!

We can never have too many conservative gunowners!! [bounce]

View Quote

Don't forget if you need "Tactical handgun instruction" I'm sure BOG has some openings in his training schedule The_Macallan [:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

- no beach

View Quote

But lakes are readily available.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#15]
AZ is a nice place to live but the summer heat sucks, it sucks so bad when the devil came to visit he had to leave because the summer was too hot.
AZ is the wild, wild west with open carry a common and legal practice, the state is very pro gun.
To sum things up about AZ the cost of living in AZ is low, property is cheap, it is hot as hell, very gun friendly and if prop 203 passes AZ will be a very happy state as well, now if we could only do something about the water shortage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I love everything about AZ except the summers and no ocean beaches or ocean breezes.

I noticed a few other things not yet mentioned.

There are only two democrap counties in the state. When you turn on the radio you will love it. Nearly every radio talk show has an articulate conservative host.
The states largest newspaper is conservative also.

This is what a gun show calendar looks like in our state.

[url]http://www.azarms.com/calendar.htm[/url]

THISISME
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Flagstaff, Prescott, etc. are nice if you like cooler weather and occasional snow in the winter.

As far as firearms... Title 2/Class 3 weapons legal! Shall issue CCW permits! Open carry is legal. Very pro-firearm state. Frequent gunshows. Decent prices.

The cost of living in general is very reasonable.

What isn't to love is probably the better question...

AZ is great, I think we need more pro-firearms people to counter the influx of Cali Granolas.
View Quote

Great...i've been looking at some land near Flagstaff, sounds good!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#18]
About a 45 minute ride from my house (near the Gila Indian reservation south east of phoenix) is Mnt. Lemon (of Tucson), it takes another 20 minutes to get to the top.  It's about 70 degrees up there..wife and I get up there twice a month...nice nice nice...and out here where I live there is a range just 6 miles from my house.

[:)]

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
About a 45 minute ride from my house (near the Gila Indian reservation south east of phoenix) is Mnt. Lemon (of Tucson), it takes another 20 minutes to get to the top.  It's about 70 degrees up there..wife and I get up there twice a month...nice nice nice...and out here where I live there is a range just 6 miles from my house.

[:)]

View Quote

And you don't stop by and say hello ??? [:(]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#20]
You live on Mt. Lemon?!!  Or Tucson?  Man I wish I could live on Mt. Lemon...!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You live on Mt. Lemon?!!  Or Tucson?  Man I wish I could live on Mt. Lemon...!
View Quote

No, Tucson, but we are up on Mt.Lemmon all the time. My wife is director for the cub scout camp held at Camp Lawton up there. Great place.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#22]
It's not hot here, there are just "holes in the air conditioning"

If you come, don't bring sunscreen - bring dental records! The medical examiner will need them.

I get a lot of people asking me if I would like to relocate. I ask them why they thought I moved here in the first place... Why would I want to leave?

Stupid people.

We need more AR-15 owners here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#23]
What's so great about Arizona? Well, duh, the Grand Canyon.

Other than that it is too friggin hot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope some of you friendly folk will be available to show me around in January!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#25]
A "plus" I thought of is that with the hot weather, the girls should be in short shorts with nice tans year-round.  Am I close on this one? [:P]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I dunno, I'm married and have not looked at another woman in 4 years, because I have these things over my eyes called BLINDERS...[8D]

But I [i]heard[/i] through the grape vine there are many girls here...
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#27]
What is Proposition 203? [?]

I plan to move there eventually, but the freedom rush may cause a heart attack![<]:)]

I hate Rhode Island! [puke]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope some of you friendly folk will be available to show me around in January!
View Quote

we should hit Bill johnsons, "Big Apple" restaurant...great great food, if you like to eat...[:D]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Only place you can get burnt by the sun all day long,and need a windbreaker or sweater at night!

I love it!   Of course I am just a snow bunny!

Bob    [8D]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Kaesan -
Prop 203 would allow the state of AZ to distribute up to 2oz of confiscated marijuana to anyone with a doctor's permit for medical reasons....(har har)
Anyone with a doctors permit could receive this stuff to "ease their pain", they of course wouldn't use the seeds to grow more... that would be illegal!
OK - I was almost headed for my soap box...
I love AZ (23 years), but screw 203!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone from the Free State crowd considering AZ as an option?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Great...i've been looking at some land near Flagstaff, sounds good!!!!
View Quote

Careful there boy... Flagstaff is one of the liberal spots in the state. The other is Tucson.

It think it was around the 80's or 90's that Flagstaff was being invaded by the Kaliban. I grew up there in the 70's. Used to be a nice town, major employer was the lumber mill. Until the greeenies shut it down "It isn't right to make money from trees" type of shit. So now our forests burn like matchsticks. All this is really weird, since NAU has a lot of forestry classes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#33]
CAV ARMS [:D]  Hey I don't live their but they have something their I like.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
That's it?!  No answers like... "most babes per square mile"? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Last night I saw a big monster!
View Quote

Naw! That was just John McCain [BD]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't know the local politics that well but I was in Tucson a couple years back and the improverished nits, that is the PO-LICE took out 4 street thugs in 4 days.  Try that is LA.

TS [X]

Also, one of the VERY few states I would move to from Texas, freedom wise, that is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
What's the weather like this time of year?  Yeah, I know... "hot". [:)]

We saw 10" (yes, [b]ten inches[/b]) of rain in one day this past weekend. [shock]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I've only been here 9+ years - move in the late fall and you'll think never ending summer. It's hot but if you can find a job (lots of recent layoffs - MCI/Motorola/Intel/ etc) that is indoor work no sweat. Not as much shooting out in the desert was was in eastern oregon (lots of restricted lands).  Land prices still climbing and research your location as stuff does happen here regular like.  Traffic is a bear and it cost me $12 per hour to shoot at shooters world, but for Urban area not too bad. But being way overrun for water supply that is available. Gun laws are good but still must be mindful (indian res and mexico very firearms unfriendly). Typical University town by tempe but they just put through a cigar nazi law that leaves me cold. Come Visit in August for worst weather.  January is when it starts to be really good comparied to the rest of the northern states.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#39]
According to a country western song, there is no Arizona. So what are you guys talking about?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
A [i]what[/i] song? [:E]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#42]
No, not a what song, a country western song. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Everything is terrible, don't come, tell all your friends the same thing.

Just terrible.

View Quote

Yeah, what he said! We're full, stay home!
AB
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm joining the US Border Patrol in the next couple of months and PRAY that I'm stationed in AZ.  I'm hoping to be in either Yuma or Casa Grande but will be happy just about anywhere.  It will be nice to live in a state that is very pro-gun/civil liberties.  I can't wait!!

From what I [i]hear[/i], AZ is great not only because of the lack of gun laws, but there are one or two good looking ladies out there as well! [}:D]

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh yeah! I forgot to tell ya the state motto:

Come on vacation,stay on probation.
AB
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#46]
You're all full?  Stay home?  Somebody saw a monster?  

Boy, the kindness to your AR brothers is a bit underwhelming!

Do y'all have a "Cheu Hoi" program? [:\]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#47]
The best city in Arizona is Mesa!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
How?  Why?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Because it is!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The best city in Arizona is Mesa!
View Quote

I heard that some people even have indoor plumbing over there.

That is great!!

[:D]

You have got to love Arizonians...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top