Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 3:20:39 PM EDT
[img]http://www.phil-donahue.com/pdonahue.jpg[/img]

DRUDGE REPORT TUESDAY AUGUST 27, 2002

[b][size=2]MSNBC'S 'DONAHUE' HITS LOWEST NIELSEN RATING POSSIBLE[/b][/size=2]

Phil Donahue has plunged in total collapse on MSNBC with cable viewers, NIELSEN ratings show.

DONAHUE has sunk to a basement rating of a .1, according to sources, the lowest possible rating's measure available!

Last Friday night, DONAHUE earned a .1 to CONNIE CHUNG's .6 on CNN and O'REILLY's 1.0 on FOX NEWS.

Even more amazingly, MSNBC for the entire day average only a 0.2, and it was beaten by both CNN'S HEADLINE NEWS channel and CNBC that day. (FOX was .6, CNN .5, MSNBC .2).

For the month of August, MSNBC's M-F prime time is down 21% among the key demos (25-54) from a year ago. Year over year, in total weekday ratings, FOX is up 75%, CNN is up 25%, and MSNBC is flat, with 0% growth.

CABLE WARS:

Friday August 23 at 8 PM ET: O'Reilly 1.0; Connie .6; Donahue .1

9 PM ET: Larry King 1.1; Hannity and Colmes .7; Hardball w/Matthews .3

10 PM ET Greta 0.7; Brown 0.5; Nachman .2
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, just booo friggen hooo
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
MSNBC is doing so badly GE's going to axe it any day now. Fox ate their lunch [:D] I wont miss MSNBC, and no one will give Donahue a job ever again.  A double victory!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Well, there's always that "stretch goal" of 0.0 to hit [BD]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The dickhead has been in minus numbers for years on my scale, which is the one that counts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahhhhh, liberalism gets some competition and BOOM! Noone wants to hear liberal bs anymore...when will the netwroks learn?? Never.

Awesome,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
0.1 is the lowest that Nielsen rates, there is no 0.0

Here is my letter to the Donahue suggestion team:

"As much as Mr. Donahue doesn't like Republicans, it would seem that
Republicans don't like him very much either.

My suggestion would be to can Mr. Donahue and get a person on that might be
able to talk about both sides of an issue, rahter than just blame 50% of the
American people for the ills of the world.

It was a nice try, but the time has passed for dress wearing liberal
sensationalists.  Sorry."

I hope he rots in hell.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Why is Donamagoo failing??

Recent Shows…

United Farm Workers (8/23):
If you want to know how you can help, call the United Farm Workers of America’s Sacramento Legislative Office at 916-341-0612, or check out their website.

Ben Cohen (8/23)
The co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream believes that one person CAN make a difference. Check out TrueMajority.com to learn about “one click activism.”

Masuda Sultan (8/15)
An Afghan-American woman, she volunteered at Ground Zero in New York, and then traveled to Afghanistan only to find that members of her family had been killed by U.S. attacks. Click here for her link. Her story is told in the documentary “Afghanistan: From Ground Zero to Ground Zero.” For more information, call (212) 925-3429.

Kristen Breitweiser (8/13):
Voices of September 11 is an advocacy group comprised of family members of those killed at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and the four hijacked commercial airliners.

Michael Moore (8/13)
Check out Michaelmoore.com, the official site from the man behind “Roger and Me,” “TV Nation,” and “The Awful Truth.”

Yitzhak Frankenthal (8/12)
He lost his son to terrorists, and still he pleads for peace. For more information about his group, the Bereaved Parents Circle, go to Theparentscircle.com

Missing African-American children ignored by media (8/9)
Omega-7, a unique group of African-American characters designed to raise consciousness and address political issues.

Liberalism HELL!! Thats whats wrong!!! DUh!! NO schitt!

When will they learn?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
We've watched Foxnews exclusivly since the As*holes at MSNBC in their infinite wisdom replaced Alan Keyes with liberal dumb fu*k Donahue
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Just call him Doneahue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why is Donamagoo failing??

Recent Shows…

United Farm Workers (8/23):
If you want to know how you can help, call the United Farm Workers of America’s Sacramento Legislative Office at 916-341-0612, or check out their website.

Ben Cohen (8/23)
The co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream believes that one person CAN make a difference. Check out TrueMajority.com to learn about “one click activism.”

Masuda Sultan (8/15)
An Afghan-American woman, she volunteered at Ground Zero in New York, and then traveled to Afghanistan only to find that members of her family had been killed by U.S. attacks. Click here for her link. Her story is told in the documentary “Afghanistan: From Ground Zero to Ground Zero.” For more information, call (212) 925-3429.

Kristen Breitweiser (8/13):
Voices of September 11 is an advocacy group comprised of family members of those killed at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and the four hijacked commercial airliners.

Michael Moore (8/13)
Check out Michaelmoore.com, the official site from the man behind “Roger and Me,” “TV Nation,” and “The Awful Truth.”

Yitzhak Frankenthal (8/12)
He lost his son to terrorists, and still he pleads for peace. For more information about his group, the Bereaved Parents Circle, go to Theparentscircle.com

Missing African-American children ignored by media (8/9)
Omega-7, a unique group of African-American characters designed to raise consciousness and address political issues.

Liberalism HELL!! Thats whats wrong!!! DUh!! NO schitt!

When will they learn?
View Quote

How do you know all of this?

Your the [b][red].1![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Phil Donahue is a has-been who doesn't know when to quit. He probably had to ask Marlo for permission for his latest gig.
   Did anybody catch his interview with O'Reilly awhile back? Cripes, I thought his thyroid gland was gonna explode, what with his eyeballs bugging out of his head like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#12]
...and just to think the took Alan Keyes off the air to give Donahue his spot...serves them (MSNBC) right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Smartypants,
I just ate a bunch of tacos...don't make me kick your a s s.[}:D]

Freerepublic.com...information heaven.

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#14]
MSNBC is definately in free fall.
Their late morning dumb blonde and four-eyed beethead team sucks the big one, and Donahue just doesn't have any good guests, ever.  

Just a night or two ago, Donahue had on Louis Farrakan and was asking him about the super low turnout at the reparations rally and I was thinking, no one's watching [i]your[/i] show either!

MSNBC better lick Ashleigh Banfield's boot, as right now, that's about all they have.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, without Banfield they have nothing. I will admit I like to watch that Silva guy once in a while.

If all you have are the low channels, you're forced to watch their liberal puke. But if you have cable, why in the hell would you watch MSNBC? Hell, you get cable to get away from that crap.

That just goes to show that for the average guy, the liberal cause is dead. Conservative cable is big, conservative talk radio is big, and conservative authors are big. Yet the network pukes continue to shove liberalism down or throats, as if it is something we need to survive, like vitamin C.

They can bite me!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Note to Phil:

Go sell crazy somewhere else.

We're all full here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just a night or two ago, Donahue had on Louis Farrakan and was asking him about the super low turnout at the reparations rally and I was thinking, no one's watching [i]your[/i] show either!
View Quote

Ummmmmmmm. YOU WERE!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Aaaaah, uuuhh, we have a caller on the line with something to add....

Go ahead, caller.....

Hello?

Hello?

(for those that remember his old talk show)

Unfortunately, Phil didn't learn from the "retreads" of history. It's better to remain a retired "legend" than return, only to re-retire as a flop.

Shore is funny to watch the leettle feller flip and flop on the bottom of the boat like that, tho...nyuk nyuk snort.

Tango7
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I always thought of him as a liberal prick but after seeing his "interview" with Ann Coulter he's a fvckin retarded liberal prick.[rolleyes] Oh wait a minute that was a redundant statement. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I always thought of him as a liberal prick but after seeing his "interview" with Ann Coulter he's a fvckin retarded liberal prick.[rolleyes] Oh wait a minute that was a redundant statement. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Sha na na na

SHA NA NA NA

Hey Hey Hey

Goodbye!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#22]
The only ting that could make me happier is finding Marlo naked in my bed!!!

Oh, wait..................  >gg<
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only ting that could make me happier is finding Marlo naked in my bed!!!

Oh, wait..................  >gg<
View Quote

In 1969, maybe. he he
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...and just to think the took Alan Keyes off the air to give Donahue his spot...serves them (MSNBC) right.
View Quote

Does anyone know what Keyes ratings were?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In 1969, maybe. he he
View Quote

Last year or the year before she did several spots on "Friends". Shit, she still looks damn good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top