Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 9:37:57 AM EDT
All:

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I just got a RRA stripped lower at the gun show this weekend.  I am buying a RRA upper from Big John, and it'll be 16" and I am assuming since it has the Wilson barrel, it will be fairly accurate?

Anyway, I would like to get to the point where I can hunt some varmint with the rifle.  What does it take to shoot sub MOA with this gun?  How much do you think I'd gain from the two stage trigger?

Also, what type of scope, or sighting system would you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Brandon
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
military surplus ammo will shoot 2-4 moa [2" to 4" groups at 100 yds]

match ammo such as federal can shoot sub moa groups

if the upper is an a3 then any good scope can work - for varmints a 6x20 or so will work well; if an a2 type upper you need different mounts and the scope will be very high - need some sort of cheekpiece on stock like the colt delta one
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The rates are still in effect:

Advice: $2
Useful Advice: $4
Advice that requires thought: $10

useless drivel and funny looks are still free.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I just "finished" my first AR. Has a RRA lower and RRA 24" varmint upper. Don't know anything about the barrel you have, but I do like the NM trigger. With the flattop upper I added Bushmaster risers for the scope along with Burris rings. Caught a Burris 4.5-14 scope on sale at Midway and I'm planning on using that as well. Got my magazines from Steve LaFlamm "79TRANSAM"(he seems to sell tons of 'em over in the Equipment Exchange).
Have fun,
Kevin
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
What Mike said, a 16 inch is for carbine close quarters,a twenty or longer would be what you would need to reach out and touch something!

If you have already ordered there is a good chance it is on back-order,maybe you would  think about changing your order, tell him what you want to use this rifle for.

Just a thought  Bob   [8D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top