Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 8:09:44 AM EDT
Why is the Eastern establishment press saying such nasty things about U.S. House Majority Leader Dick Armey?  Because he is a "big shot" who has dared to challenge the notion that the U.S. needs U.N. permission to defend ourselves... because Mr. Armey has broken ranks with the internationalists who insist the U.S. is justified in attacking Iraq just because Saddam Hussein won't bow to U.N. inspectors.

Here's the gist of it.  The New York Times quoted Mr. Armey on August 9th as saying:

"I don't think that America will justifiably make an unprovoked attack on another nation.  It would not be consistent with what we have been as a nation or what we should be as a nation."

"In my estimation it is not enough reason to go in, that he [Saddam Hussein] does not allow weapons inspections.  What if the French decided they wanted to inspect American military facilities?"

Soon after, the magazine "The Hill"  --  an establishment mouthpiece in Washington that is widely ready by politicians -- slammed "the 62-year-old conservative curmudgeon" and went so far as to suggest he mind his own business.

Mind his own business?  It is precisely the business of the majority leader of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dick Armey -- along with every other member of Congress -- to debate and decide if the U.S. will declare war on Iraq or any other nation.  It is the business of the U.S. Congress -- not Kofi Annan and the United Nations -- to authorize sending American troops and equipment into battle.

The U.S. Constitution tells us whose business it is.  Declaring war is the business of Congress. Executing a war is the business of the president.

Please contact Dick Armey and tell him you too want a full and free debate of all the issues.  Support him in his pro-American foreign policy so that we encourage others to buck the establishment line and speak their minds...and in so doing, put U.S. interests first.

Dick Armey is getting a lot of grief.  Help us encourage him and others not to wait until they are ending their political careers to break with political correctness and tell us what we need to know...the unvarnished truth.

Congressman Dick Armey's Capitol Hill Office
301 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC  20515
202-225-7772
202-226-8100 fax

District Office
9901 Valley Ranch Parkway East, Suite 3050
Irving, TX  75063
972-556-2500
972-444-8626 fax

E-mail for Mr. Armey's Constituents
[url]http://capwiz.com/liberty/mail/?id=581&type=CO&state=TX[/url]

Mr. Armey's Congressional Web Site
[url]http://armey.house.gov/[/url]

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK I MEANT?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]

I thought we were gonna bash Dr. DickWeed !!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
This topic offends me!
I demand this be locked and Mr. Dover be banned from this site!
For the children, no less!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Jetlag... IRC... 8pm.... me and you buddy... me and you....

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This topic offends me!
I demand this be locked and Mr. Dover be banned from this site!
For the children, no less!
View Quote

Jet, I'm sucking air on energy today.
Let's pretend it's the 7th day and get some rest.

Please ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang it the topic confused me...I was hoping for some insight for my 'lack-o-nooky' problem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic was misleading.  ;-)  Figured it would be a link to an article written by feminists....
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn... I am worried about you ilikelegs. You almost sound disappointed!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I think Armey, Weinburger,Scholcroft, Baker and the rest...are playing the Dems. Think about it...James Baker is a family friend of the Bushs and helped "W" during the Florida debacle.

I think they're just setting the media and Dems (oxymoron) for a big revelation in the future.
"Ahhh, we now have found a reason to support the President...we just found out some new information! We need to invade Iraq"

Thats the only plausible explanation right now...me thinks.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

He probably was!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]
FLAT TAX UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit the flat tax home page at [url]http://flattax.gov[/url] for complete details. Be sure to try our Flat Tax calculator to see just how you'd do under the flat tax.

The national debt today, August 27: $6,208,278,716,689.06
Your share of the national debt: $23,225.83
View Quote

I like his site. Wow, I didn't know I owed that much, Lol. I'll be writing a letter in support today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He probably was!
View Quote

BTW 'legs.  I was "dissapointed" as well.  ;-)
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He probably was!
View Quote

BTW 'legs.  I was "dissapointed" as well.  ;-)
View Quote
Well..might as well gang up on legs cause it's Tuesday....Anyone one notice Ilike legs initials spells ILL??? HUH [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey, once you've had you first prostate exam, nothing can phase you. Tweet even straps one on every now and then. She IS my pimp after all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#17]
What's a bank account record? I take my money home to her and she takes care of me. THat's a pimp isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey, once you've had you first prostate exam, nothing can phase you. Tweet even straps one on every now and then. She IS my pimp after all.
View Quote
Ain't that the damn truth about the exam! My Doc always chuckles when I flinch and says "easy boy hey bet your glad I lubed up first arn't ya John". That must be his standard line as he tell me the same thing every time! Old Jerk![:D]   P.S. Man that was cold Legs!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Topic was misleading.  ;-)  Figured it would be a link to an article written by feminists....
View Quote

i thought it would be feminist exreamists with hammers...
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Legs, is Tweet your better half?

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#22]
She'd better NOT be! She IS MY better half.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ben, that was way more information than I needed.  But, I digress...

Who are the hot chicks in your signature pic?  The one on the left looks vaguely like my sister.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#25]
lol.... I think men are all married to the same woman.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why is the Eastern establishment press saying such nasty things about U.S. House Majority Leader Dick Armey?  Because he is a "big shot" who has dared to challenge the notion that the U.S. needs U.N. permission to defend ourselves... because Mr. Armey has broken ranks with the internationalists who insist the U.S. is justified in attacking Iraq just because Saddam Hussein won't bow to U.N. inspectors.
View Quote

Yep.

Quoted:
Here's the gist of it.  The New York Times
"[red]In my estimation it is not enough reason to go in, that he [Saddam Hussein] does not allow weapons inspections.[/red]  What if the French decided they wanted to inspect American military facilities?"
View Quote

Now THAT is wrong!

Iraq AGREED to allow UNCONDITIONAL weapons inspections in exchange for us not sending a cruise missle right down Saddam Hussein's scabby, tick-infested, mustache-covered piehole!

If he had signed the 'cease-fire' agreement and then THE NEXT DAY refused to allow inspectors, we would have immediately continued our steamroller advance and overrun Bagdad in less than a weekend.

But because he waited six years (until our forces were redeployed and heavily depleted by  that Traitor-in-Chief Clinton) and THEN broke the 'cease-fire' agreement, we just putzed around for four years issuing strongly-worded demands written on UN toilet paper.

And that crack about France?? WTF was that??

I don't ever remember the US surrendering to France and agreeing - as a condition of the 'cease-fire' - that we would allow weapons inspectors!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL; That's what I thought.  Bring it on![:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Choirboy!

[;)]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

[b]Bend Over[/b] got his name from - Bending over all the time, What did you expect.

[b]Badd_Bradd[/b] got his name from - Being Gay in college. Everyone is gay in College, Right Brad!

[b]deadeye47[/b] got his name from - Getting shot in one eye.
What was shot in one eye, well we will leave that to
each ones own imagination.

And here is my smiley face so I conform to being
PC sensitive. [:D]
View Quote

I on the other hand have the cajones to use my real name.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Ain't that the damn truth about the exam! My Doc always chuckles when I flinch and says "easy boy hey bet your glad I lubed up first arn't ya John". That must be his standard line as he tell me the same thing every time! Old Jerk![:D]   P.S. Man that was cold Legs!
View Quote

Does he put both hands on your shoulders while administering the exam?

Bill
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
lol.... I think men are all married to the same woman.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.  BTW, what is your address 'cause I'd like to have my ex shipped to your house.  

Oh crap, is it OK to bash ex-wives?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Choirboy!

[;)]
View Quote

Bite me, [b]The_Macallan[/b] [:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, Right. That's what you tell us.
But the truth is your wife gave you that name.[:D]
View Quote

If that was the case my SN would be either "Asshole" or "StupidAsshole" [:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL; That's what I thought.  Bring it on![:D]
View Quote

oh chit, they sed yu wuz lunchin !!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

oh chit, they sed yu wuz lunchin !!
View Quote

Nah, she ain't home. I'm a kept man.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Keith,
Oh thilly.  Stop it!  You're hurting my thensitive feelings!!!  If you thay anything elth bad about me, I'll have to hit you with my purth.  Oh darn!  You made me break a nail, I was typing too fast.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Bill
View Quote

Ah, Bill, you took the words right outta my mouth! (Boy, does that idiom put me right in the line of fire, or what?)
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Bill
View Quote

Ah, Bill, you took the words right outta my mouth! (Boy, does that idiom put me right in the line of fire, or what?)
View Quote

As long as it was just [b]words[/b] -- your safe for now.

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top