Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2002 5:59:45 PM EDT
My original post looks to be deleted because I put it in the wrong forum...D'oh!!!

At any rate...

The "neighborhood disturbance", more correctly known as the "race riot" that we had last week, has spewed-forth a few new details.

Summer 1992...Franklin Powell is caught on video tape as he slams his fist into the face of a news reporter name Julia Standich (sp?). She is slammed backwards and falls in such a way that has made her a paraplegic for life. Mr. Powell recieved (I believe) a six-year sentance.

Aug 22, 2002 (last Thursday)...A pitbull is released by its' owner after the police tell him to NOT let go of the dog. The police fire at the dog, killing it. An errant ricochet wings the dog-owners son in the arm.

An angry mob grows and the rest is history.

The owner of the dog was Franklin Powell.

DA
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update DA...what was the neghborhood damage assessment? How many arrest were made...just curious.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Summer 1992...Franklin Powell is caught on video tape as he slams his fist into the face of a news reporter name Julia Standich (sp?). She is slammed backwards and falls in such a way that has made her a paraplegic for life. Mr. Powell recieved (I believe) a six-year sentance.
The owner of the dog was Franklin Powell.
View Quote

You've got to be freaking kidding me!

People like this who feel free to use whatever means at hand to pursue their own twisted agenda do not deserve to live. He must be pretty proud of himself.

Can I sound the freak alert?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'ma get me a shotgun and kill all da whiteis I sees.

BLACK POWER! [@:D]

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
So, the sins of the father can affect the children. Hmm...
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, the sins of the father can affect the children. Hmm...
View Quote

yep!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
He'll sue and get millions of your tax dollars.

[puke]         [puke]          [puke]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are right...City of Minneapolis has a habit of bending-over, grabbing its' ankles and asking "How much !?" whenever some minority even MENTIONS that his/her rights MIGHT have been violated...I seriously cannot remember when there has been a case that actually went to court. Just sickens me.

Not only that, but once a news station gets wind of an impending lawsuit from a case like that, they clam-up and quit reporting on it....fuckin pussies.

Three people were arrested...Franklin, his wife and, I believe his son. It was three. They had found a sawed-off shotgun (classic ATF collar) some drugs (well, of course) and some money (which is somehow illegal, Im sure)

There was talk about going after more (of those who rioted), but supposedly they were going to wait until it cools down a bit more...bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah...thats standard operating procedure of course so whats your point!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the story from the Red Star Tribune:

[url]http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3185915.html[/url]

It turns out that she is NOT handicapped, although she had a long recovery.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Sandidge was hit so hard -- "I thought I was hit with a brick" -- and hurt so badly by the punch, her fall to the concrete and [b]a stomping that followed[/b] that she didn't return to full-time work for nearly a year.
View Quote

So this POS hit her and then stomped her, but it's ok cause he was downtrodden and was just expressing his repressed feeling of freedom. Poor white girl was just WPWW (wrong place while white).
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Franklin Powell, then 17, was convicted of assault and served prison time for the May 1992 attack on Sandidge. In an odd twist, it was Powell's dog that was shot and killed by police Thursday and his cousin, Julius, 11, who was injured.
View Quote

Seems like the 11 year old was the unintended victom of this maniacs release of his dog. I feel sorry for the kid. But I bet this POS feels the dumb kid was just collateral damage and will hate cops all the more because of it making him all the more useful for the violent radicals that forment these 'open air neighbohood meetings' (aka riots).
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Three people were arrested...Franklin, his wife and, I believe his son. It was three. They had found a sawed-off shotgun (classic ATF collar) some drugs (well, of course) and some money (which is somehow illegal, Im sure)
View Quote

Wasn't a sawed-off shotgun the reason the ATF surrounded Ruby Ridge and murdered the guys jid and wife. Maybe we should allow the ATF to surround neighborhood were theres a likelyhook of rioting.

Sorry to sound so far off normal, but these freaks who riot, the freaks who burn doen their own neighborhoods, the freaks who pillage their nearby stores, the freaks who shit in their own house, the freaks who let them off the hook, the freaks who excuse their beahivior, the freaks who make huge leaps of twisted logic to justify what the rioting freaks do, and the freaks who go after the people whose job it is to try and controls these rioting freaks gets me fraking hot.

Freaks, frekas, freaks, freaks
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here is the story from the Red Star Tribune:

[url]http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3185915.html[/url]

It turns out that she is NOT handicapped, although she had a long recovery.
View Quote

My bad...I should be more careful...I was just going off what her Physical Therapist told me yesterday (he's a friend of mine)...He seemed pretty adamant about it.

Thanks for the story thread.

Hey I just thought of something ...

One more felony and three strikes he's out...That is such bullshit. What was he doing out? You cannot tell me that those two instances are his only two felonies! Oh wait, I'm being biased. Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top