Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
Help!!!I have recently bought an ar15 with an olympic lower"plinker". My problem is that it will not lock my 20 round colt magazine into place, just falls out. I do have a cheap usa magazine that locks into place with out any trouble. The colt magazine was manufactored BY IU . So if anyone has any ideas why this is happening and have any suggestion on fixing this problems I would be very appreciative.
Thanks ED
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
you should have bought a COLT.

Oly is notorious for out of spec Everything!  

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Might get better luck in the magazine forum....
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
This MIGHT help:

Push and hold the magazine release button in as far as you can with some sort of small punch (The tip of a .223 round or the end of a retracted ball point pen will also work).  You will probably need to actually push the button inside the lower a bit.

Note that this causes the long magazine catch to project from the opposite side of the lower.  This catch is screwed into the button.

Rotate the catch a full turn clockwise – this should tighten things up.

Try it out; make additional adjustments as needed.  If you tighten things up to much, it will be hard to release the magazine.

Try not to scratch anything.

Incidentally, you’re in the wrong place - this isn’t the forum for help; this is the forum for bar fights!  [B)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top