Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 5:43:52 PM EDT

Officer Erin Coughlin was given the shield number of her late father — a
veteran NYPD cop killed at the World Trade Center on 9/11 — when she
graduated from the Police Academy on Friday along with 1,158 other
recruits.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/daughter-died-9-11-takes-badge-number-article-1.1229415

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
 Awesome
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to be a dick, but she seems a bit portly to be a cop.  Good for her fo getting her dads shield number, but it seems that the height and weight standards for the nypd are some what lacking.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not to be a dick, but she seems a bit portly to be a cop.  Good for her fo getting her dads shield number, but it seems that the height and weight standards for the nypd are some what lacking.

You failed. You were definitely being a dick.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
cool, good story
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was about to post just that

full auto guy, what is your height and weight? how much do you bench?

i know you won't respond truthfully but think about it
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it is awesome she wants to follow in her Dad's footsteps. Knowing her Father died and she could very well be killed in her work shows she has more balls
than most of us in AR15.com. I salute her and wish her well in her chosen career. I would have paid good money to have the privilege of pinning her shield on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will be truthful, I am almost 40, have a little more around the waist than I should and it's been a while since I did free weights but I am not in a profession that might require me to do physical stuff like you know run, wrestle or fight criminal opponents.  When I was in the military i meet the height and weight requirements and was able to perform my job (airborne infantry).  She does not have to be a super model, but I expect her to fit in her uniform and to be physically fit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be truthful, I am almost 40, have a little more around the waist than I should and it's been a while since I did free weights but I am not in a profession that might require me to do physical stuff like you know run, wrestle or fight criminal opponents.  When I was in the military i meet the height and weight requirements and was able to perform my job (airborne infantry).  She does not have to be a super model, but I expect her to fit in her uniform and to be physically fit.
...and congratulations for turning a post about a child of a 9/11 victim following in her father's footsteps into a thread about you and how awesome you were.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool!!!!
Very Cool!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd bet her father would have been very proud of her.  Good story, thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top