Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 12:31:01 PM EDT

...Tell me, what color is your purse?

I swear I havent seen a show with this much drama since that stupid show Desperate Housewives my now-ex-wife used to watch.  Its brilliant market segmentation targeting though.. only people that are smokers have told me that i need to watch it.  I guess it makes them feel awesome or something
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Piss off dude. No one forced you to continue to watch it? Why do you care what other people watch?

I myself rarely watch it, but if it happens to be on while channel surfing, I'll play along.

Boobies. Lots of hot wimmenz on that show.

Try turning the volume down if the dialog offends you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched a few seasons.  Not a bad show at all.

And of course...

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I did watch it

but since two of the main characters are on the tv ad that wants us to abandon the 2nd ammendment I have deleted then from the DVR recording list.

so yes, I have had enough of them
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Its okay...right now I am watching Downton Abbey...now that is a good show.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did watch it

but since two of the main characters are on the tv ad that wants us to abandon the 2nd ammendment I have deleted then from the DVR recording list.

so yes, I have had enough of them

That'll show em.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It allows me to live vicariously in an age more awesome. I dig it.

ETA: In other words I think I get out of it what most folks here get out of The Walking Dead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
While I love the style of it (the folks that do the costumes and the sets are amazing), it left me cold.

Not a single "good" character to root for. Why would I want to watch a show where *everyone* sucks?

(And, the smoking got ridiculous. Yes, I get it, smoking was more socially acceptable back then.)

Chicks were hot, though.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While I love the style of it (the folks that do the costumes and the sets are amazing), it left me cold.

Not a single "good" character to root for. Why would I want to watch a show where *everyone* sucks?

(And, the smoking got ridiculous. Yes, I get it, smoking was more socially acceptable back then.)

Chicks were hot, though.

Glad I am not the only one who felt this way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't know, but plenty of people like Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Universe, and Martin Scorsese movies.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2903703622/6ec0f7387f516d10a86d4e4b6183e05f.jpeg

I swear I havent seen a show with this much drama since that stupid show Desperate Housewives my now-ex-wife used to watch.  Its brilliant market segmentation targeting though.. only people that are smokers have told me that i need to watch it.  I guess it makes them feel awesome or something

Your rant is about two years too late.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2903703622/6ec0f7387f516d10a86d4e4b6183e05f.jpeg

Go back to watching Red Dawn for the 24th time.    

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicks were hot, though.

Glad I am not the only one who felt this way.
I picked up the first season on DVD, used off of Amazon. My wife and I watched it over three nights or so.

When it was over, my wife looked at me and said, "I don't like any of these characters, and I really don't care what happens to them."

I couldn't help but agree.

Sad too, because the production values were amazing. I would LOVE to live in that world.

(I used to wear a lot of vintage clothes when I went out. Not now, since "Mad Men" made it trendy. It used to be nice to be able to buy vintage 60's suits for $20 a piece.)

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
There is just as much drama on that show as there is any show about guns, tattooists, motorcycle makers, guys looking for gold, guys fisting croc's, guys cutting down tree's, guys delivering stuff on a flat bed, guys drilling for oil, guys trying to catch crab or some fat little girl.

TV sucks.

I did find Mad Men incredibly boring.

My mother was secretary on Madison avenue in the 60's...she worked for an advertising agency. She likes the show, go figure.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope, never watched.  The entire premise is of no interest.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#16]
The John Deere episode was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I will be contrary. I like Madmen, it is a look at a slice of history through the prism of a 60's ad agency. I agree, there are no classic heroes. Most characters have good and bad traits, like most real life human beings. I have told my wife it is a male oriented soap opera, but a very well done soap opera. I will continue to watch.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I would hit Christina Hendricks like a screen door in a windstorm
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Don Draper is the fucking man! he bangs every hot chick in sight and has 3 hour martini lunches, what's not to like?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top