Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:17:55 PM EDT
It seems the AR industry has sold out and frozen over the past week.  Are any companies actually building/shipping AR complete uppers??

I'm waiting on my complete RGuns upper from AIM.  For $409 WITH BCG/CH you can't beat that deal with a stick.  Plus I love the one I have.

But are we basically reduced to EE and GB for these things now or until the ban is voted on??

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This week I've seen some manufacturer messages like:  "due to the current political climate we are completely sold out"  

Hopefully this is not permanent.

I've seen this to.  ALL WEEK!

And this is the manufacturers!!  Now either it is the end of the line for them and they are retooling to make tinker toys or they are cranking out products 24/7 and saving them up....maybe for when they'll sell for triple of what they do now.  I suppose they could be running out of the individual components because not all manufacturers actually make all the parts.  But for the most part I'm thinking it's one of the other two reasons.  

Thanks

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What about at Midway where state expected back in stock dates?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just looking at their Del-Ton A3 Flat top upper....that says EXPECTED in stock 1/13/13....if the next two weeks are anything like the last two....won't happen.  I heard/read Del-Ton isn't even taking orders and they have all they can physically make ordered already for 2013.  

Now I'm not sure how the ban will read but if passed, it very well could outlaw the assembly of current uppers to lowers.  So in Feb. if we don't have what we want, tough shit...

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This week I've seen some manufacturer messages like:  "due to the current political climate we are completely sold out"  

And this is the manufacturers!!  Now either it is the end of the line for them and they are retooling to make tinker toys or they are cranking out products 24/7 and saving them up....maybe for when they'll sell for triple of what they do now.  I suppose they could be running out of the individual components because not all manufacturers actually make all the parts.  But for the most part I'm thinking it's one of the other two reasons.  

Thanks

-Emt1581

Supply was just exhausted, basically overnight. Manufacturers are still churning out products as before but their market has grown dramatically due to current events.
Give them time to catch up. At this time no new rules or regulations have been imposed.

Just looking at all the ARFCOM posts with a total count of less than 25 shows an unprecedented interest in AR 15 Rifles.
As popular as the AR is here on AR15.com , as a whole in the firearms industry it is a niche market.... gaining in popularity everyday but still a minor player.

Runs on popular products have happened before. Tickle-me -Elmo, Beenie Babies,etc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#5]
AR's were just becoming 'socially acceptable' (being sold at Walmart and other big box retailers) just before the CT school shooting.

The MODs should have a dedicated NOOB section for all of the new owners; to answer many of their basic questions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Supply was just exhausted, basically overnight. Manufacturers are still churning out products as before but their market has grown dramatically due to current events.
Give them time to catch up. At this time no new rules or regulations have been imposed.

Just looking at all the ARFCOM posts with a total count of less than 25 shows an unprecedented interest in AR 15 Rifles.
As popular as the AR is here on AR15.com , as a whole in the firearms industry it is a niche market.... gaining in popularity everyday but still a minor player.

Runs on popular products have happened before. Tickle-me -Elmo, Beenie Babies,etc.

The problem is that there were no bans looking to be rammed through for Tickle-me Elmo and Beenie Babies....and as an 80's child...Cabbage Patch Kids!....  No real constitutional sabotage there either.  

And as for giving it time, I see where you are coming from and you are right.  Unfortunately we do not have time.  Again, they are looking to get this done rapidly before people come to their senses.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AR's were just becoming 'socially acceptable' (being sold at Walmart and other big box retailers) just before the CT school shooting.

The MODs should have a dedicated NOOB section for all of the new owners; to answer many of their basic questions.

Looks awful convenient to me.  I can almost picture the convo in the gun grabbers' office... "hey they just started selling AR's at Wal-Mart!!"...."Ok, after the next shooting, we strike!"...."for the children of course...."

As far as being new to AR's were you talking about me?  I'm not, I've got a bunch of them.  I just wanted to get one last upper to finish my most recent build.  I'm hanging on to the rest of my lowers.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Between the NRA speaker and everyone buying up all the "assault weapons" we are sure feeding the fire for more gun control

I say we impeach obama and get someone who acts as the executive branch should and uphold our constitution
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure the few places that had inventory shipped out what they had, but now it is going to be a grind.

That really sucks because I ordered an RRA complete upper the day before Sandy Brook and at that time they said there was a 90-120 day lead time...I'm hoping I ever see it now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I just received a notification (UPS tracking #) from PSA that my upper ordered on 12/20 is ready to ship..... now theres 2 more waiting, hopefully they will be here by mid Jan. So yes theres hope and some are shipping.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just received a notification (UPS tracking #) from PSA that my upper ordered on 12/20 is ready to ship..... now theres 2 more waiting, hopefully they will be here by mid Jan. So yes theres hope and some are shipping.

Wow really??

But the site says out of stock for everything and I'm pretty sure they are not answering the phone and no one has returned my emails.  So if I want to order one or two of the $319 uppers...how do I do it??

Thanks

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks awful convenient to me.  I can almost picture the convo in the gun grabbers' office... "hey they just started selling AR's at Wal-Mart!!"...."Ok, after the next shooting, we strike!"...."for the children of course...."

As far as being new to AR's were you talking about me?  I'm not, I've got a bunch of them.  I just wanted to get one last upper to finish my most recent build.  I'm hanging on to the rest of my lowers.

-Emt1581

No, I was referring to the general influx of newbies over the last two weeks. Kinda like the Survival forums becoming popular after Hurricane Katrina.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just looking at their Del-Ton A3 Flat top upper....that says EXPECTED in stock 1/13/13....if the next two weeks are anything like the last two....won't happen.  I heard/read Del-Ton isn't even taking orders and they have all they can physically make ordered already for 2013.  

Now I'm not sure how the ban will read but if passed, it very well could outlaw the assembly of current uppers to lowers.  So in Feb. if we don't have what we want, tough shit...

-Emt1581

I just placed an order today for some in stock items on the Del-Ton Dealer page, for what it's worth they will not let you order anything out of stock (their page was like that before the recent panic).
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just placed an order today for some in stock items on the Del-Ton Dealer page, for what it's worth they will not let you order anything out of stock (their page was like that before the recent panic).

Oh yeah?  

IIRC they do not let you order just complete uppers right?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah?  

Thanks

-Emt1581

They call their complete uppers "Barrel Assemblies", here is their retail page:  http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_barrels_s/4.htm
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The local gun shop got some Adams Arms piston uppers. They looked really nice. They are $899. IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah?  

Thanks

-Emt1581

NEVERMIND.  They are out of stock of every upper... It says it once you click on each one.

-Emt1581

They call their complete uppers "Barrel Assemblies", here is their retail page:  http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_barrels_s/4.htm

Wait, so if I can see the 16" barrel assembly and build it up that means they are actually going to make it?...now?  The last time I ordered from Del-Ton I remember they said they were out of the handgaurd I wanted and it ended up taking months.  But all I want now is the simple plain run of the mill upper...no real bells or whistles.

Oh....what is an "F-Marked Front sight?"  I just want the normal front sight that all AR's have with the bayonet lug.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
NEVERMIND.  They are out of stock of every upper... It says it once you click on each one.

-Emt1581
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top