Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:41:15 AM EDT
I was given one for Christmas and have been playing around with it trying to figure it out. it won't let me watch embedded youtube videos, is there an app or something that will fix this?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to turn on Flash, it is in the settings.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
my bro just bought one..ill ask him
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Got my twin daughters kindle fires, they love them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]
BTW, this thing is pretty badass. Amazon stands to make a small fortune off of me
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought an app for my boy on his kindle fire HD.  My debit card was comprimised two days later and I had to get a new one.  

Not sure if the billing goes through amazon or through the app maker.  Its made me very hesitant to buy any more apps.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought an app for my boy on his kindle fire HD.  My debit card was comprimised two days later and I had to get a new one.  

Not sure if the billing goes through amazon or through the app maker.  Its made me very hesitant to buy any more apps.

It rained two days ago and today I got diarrhea.  I hope it doesn't rain anymore.  

Amazon handles a metric shitload of credit card payments, it didn't get compromised there.  Usually a waitress at a restaurant that takes your card writes down the number when out of sight.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#9]
it appears that Adobe has abandon flash support for tablet devices. no youtube goodness for me unless I use their mobile site.

FUCK!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

it appears that Adobe has abandon flash support for tablet devices. no youtube goodness for me unless I use their mobile site.

FUCK!

I guess Adobe is abandoning Flash altogether.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#11]
There is an app similar to flash that should work had the same issue with the gf kindle fire. Do a search about YouTube not working you should be able to find the app you need. I will never buy kindle for this known reason.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There is an app similar to flash that should work had the same issue with the gf kindle fire. Do a search about YouTube not working you should be able to find the app you need. I will never buy kindle for this known reason.

it's not just kindle, it's all tablets. Adobe no longer supports flash for tablets. from what I gather, this will be a non issue as websites switch to HTML5.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top