Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:22:20 AM EDT
Fayetteville, NC Interim Chief Shoots herself

A spokesman for the city said Bryant was injured when her personal firearm accidentally discharged at home. No one else was hurt.

The best takeaway from this is that my wife's first comment was a colorful hypothesis about the Chief's trigger discipline. My wife had never even handled a gun until we met. I knew she was a keeper the day she actually had no problem having dinner with a loaded 1911 on the table.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes NC pride! oh wait...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
From that quote I don't think they are trying to say it went off on it's own.

I would bet they are saying it was an accident, as in not on purpose. I know people get bent out of shape when you say accidental rather than negligent discharge but I don't see the big deal.

It was an accident, they said it was an accident, luckily no one was killed.

As long as they don't come around saying "discharge caused by equipment failure or goddamn pixies" then it's just semantics.

To me, an accident is negligence. Accidents are caused by someone being negligent and so it doesn't matter which they call it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#3]
glock hand?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Toe got stuck in the trigger guard?

Ed
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Guilty  

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It IS a matter of semantics, on the order of Eats, Shoots and Leaves (excellent book, by the way).

The bit I quote could very easily, and I'd say, most likely WILL be taken by the uninformed as "the gun discharged itself", let's look at it again:

... when her personal firearm accidentally discharged ...

that's very different than "... when she accidentally discharged her firearm ... "
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It IS a matter of semantics, on the order of Eats, Shoots and Leaves (excellent book, by the way).

The bit I quote could very easily, and I'd say, most likely WILL be taken by the uninformed as "the gun discharged itself", let's look at it again:

... when her personal firearm accidentally discharged ...

that's very different than "... when she accidentally discharged her firearm ... "

My stomach discharged when I saw her picture.

Ed

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Einhorn is Finkle.......Finkle IS Einhorn!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Einhorn is Finkle.......Finkle IS Einhorn!!!

LOL, awesome

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top