Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:11:29 AM EDT
And people could probably make their own double sided copies of this and keep a stack in their cars to put on vehicles all around them where ever they go as they do their daily stuff.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Strictest.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Strictest.

Good catch. Fix coming up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that were all illiterate idiots.....

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
great

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that we're all illiterate idiots.....

Fixed it for ya.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that were all illiterate idiots.....

What are you talking about?  It's spelled correctly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Funny that you mention it....
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

But we gots an edumacation now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#11]
You really thing a thinly veiled reference to violence will bring people around?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd have the flyer state:

"I'm fucking nuts....don't take my machine guns!"

That will make the intended statement more clearly.  You really have to lay it down Barney style for the sheeple, ya know?

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:27:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Lol.....yep, that will spread the word......that we're all illiterate idiots.....

Fixed it for ya.

Yeah, "somebody" fixed it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I can appreciate someone's enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You really thing a thinly veiled reference to violence will bring people around?

I can find some for you that tell the world you will tolerate it, if that's how you feel.  Not to mention, the flyer says bans=violence so if you won't tolerate a ban then you won't tolerate violence.  It is a happy, anti-violent message.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can find some for you that tell the world you will tolerate it, if that's how you feel.  Not to mention, the flyer says bans=violence so if you won't tolerate a ban then you won't tolerate violence.  It is a happy, anti-violent message.

No, it's a desperate outburst that makes non-gun people think you're a fucking kook and hoping to use your guns.

There's a way to fight, and there's a way to make yourself look stupid.

Guess which this is.

Put that energy to getting new people into the shooting sports, effecting political change, or writing lucid and reasonable letters.

This does nothing.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's a desperate outburst that makes non-gun people think you're a fucking kook and hoping to use your guns.

Guess which this is.

Put that energy to getting new people into the shooting sports, effecting political change, or writing lucid and reasonable letters.

This does nothing.

You hate God and call patriots terrorists.  How simple-minded.  You're almost like...a sheep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess which this is.

This does nothing.

This isn't about shooting sports.  The second amendment isn't there for you to shoot clay pigeons or deer or frankly even about self defense against petty criminals.  It is about establishing, and maintaining a balance of arms/ power between the govt and the citizens.  The message the govt needs to hear now is that we know what the 2nd was put in place for and we will not tolerate it being taken away.  Period.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope that is a joke...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stricktest.  

Welcome to the Not So United States of post 2000 America and texting.
The majority of people getting it will not even notice a spelling error.

NINC
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess which this is.

This does nothing.

This isn't about shooting sports.  The second amendment isn't there for you to shoot clay pigeons or deer or frankly even about self defense against petty criminals.  It is about establishing, and maintaining a balance of arms/ power between the govt and the citizens.  The message the govt needs to hear now is that we know what the 2nd was put in place for and we will not tolerate it being taken away.  Period.

Well, at least we know we can rule out marketing as your possible profession.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Other than the spelling I think who made and distributed the flyer had their head in the right place.

At least they are not sitting idle and bitching about "price gouging".
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Taking people shooting isn't about getting more people to shoot clay pigeons or IPSC. It's just about educating more people that guns are inanimate (i.e. non-evil) objects.

Once people make this realisation (and for some people growing up in very liberal families it's a big one) lots of other stuff (gun control vs people control, self defense, personal responsibility, etc) starts to fall into place.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:44:28 AM EDT
[#27]
The first cop who got the flyer said "So you know, none of the cops I work with would ever enforce a ban."
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Taking people shooting isn't about getting more people to shoot clay pigeons or IPSC. It's just about educating more people that guns are inanimate (i.e. non-evil) objects.

Once people make this realisation (and for some people growing up in very liberal families it's a big one) lots of other stuff (gun control vs people control, self defense, personal responsibility, etc) starts to fall into place.

I agree 100%.  The time horizon we face on this fundamental issue is immediate though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#29]
If I was neutral on the subject you wouldn't gain my favor putting crap on my windshield. I might even hunt you down. BTW, you know that's trespassing right?

I support the cause, just pointing out that diplomacy is a narrow walk full of things to trip you up. Any threat of violence no matter how veiled, would only "prove their point" about nuts in possession.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The first cop who got the flyer said "So you know, none of the cops I work with would ever enforce a ban."

The local cops are not what I would be concerned about. With the way this ban is being drafted (aka NFA taxed items), I would be more concerned with the federal govenment agency that enforces tax evasion (aka how they got Al Capone).

NINC!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Because leaving shit on peoples cars is a sure fire way to win them over and is a highly successful marketing technique...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stricktest.  

What are you talking about?  It's spelled correctly.

Lmao......I must be getting dyslexic in my old age.....

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stricktest.  

But we gots an edumacation now.

Argh! I hate auto correct telling what I meant to say.....lol.....

I swear there was an apostrophe in there!    Lol.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Again, s-t-r-i-c-t-e-s-t  is the correct spelling according to Webster.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
NINC?

I was wondering that as well
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:08:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NINC?

It means,

NO INFRINGMENT NO COMPROMISE!

We have to band together and stop the anti-constitutionlists.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#39]
This would be a more effective flyer.

"Who needs an 'assault rifle?"

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The local cops are not what I would be concerned about. With the way this ban is being drafted (aka NFA taxed items), I would be more concerned with the federal govenment agency that enforces tax evasion (aka how they got Al Capone).

NINC!

UN troops would enforce this ban......

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Again, s-t-r-i-c-t-e-s-t  is the correct spelling according to Webster.

You are correct, even ms word likes it
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:13:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I was neutral on the subject you wouldn't gain my favor putting crap on my windshield. I might even hunt you down. BTW, you know that's trespassing right?

I support the cause, just pointing out that diplomacy is a narrow walk full of things to trip you up. Any threat of violence no matter how veiled, would only "prove their point" about nuts in possession.

There is no threat of violence here. People use a variety of avenues when they decide not to tolerate things.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I usually applaud people for getting up and doing something.

This is not one of those times.

If you're going to spread leaflets, at least have them say something useful, like informing people that they should call/write/email their Reps and Senators to stop a ban from happening. Telling people that a ban won't be "tolerated" is not going to have the desired effect, and may be construed as a terroristic threat, depending on your State laws.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Why not try one of these instead..........................

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. – Noah Webster

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. – Thomas Jefferson (1743-1846), U.S. President, Letter to Abigail Adams, 22 February 1787

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. – Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

On second thought, don't. Those guys sound like nuts.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no threat of violence here. People use a variety of avenues when they decide not to tolerate things.

You honestly don't see how '' this will not be tolerated'' followed by a picture of a gun will be seen as a threat of violence?

''Obviously they didnt mean the ban wont be tolerated with the use of that gun that is pictured right next to the text, they must have just grabbed a random clipart and put in on the flyer to jazz it up''.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I usually applaud people for getting up and doing something.

This is not one of those times.

If you're going to spread leaflets, at least have them say something useful, like informing people that they should call/write/email their Reps and Senators to stop a ban from happening. Telling people that a ban won't be "tolerated" is not going to have the desired effect, and may be construed as a terroristic threat, depending on your State laws.

It is really a sad time in the USA. We have to be in fear of our elected officials, but they do not have to fear us the citizens.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why not try one of these instead..........................

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. – Noah Webster

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. – Thomas Jefferson (1743-1846), U.S. President, Letter to Abigail Adams, 22 February 1787

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. – Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

On second thought, don't. Those guys sound like nuts.

I like what you quoted, but one of the problems today in our U.S. society, is those are way to long for people to read, and little less comprehend. Now if you had a picture of someone getting kicked in the nuts, or a "cool story bro" picture, you might get them to read more up to 14 words. Yes it is sad, but it seems to be a reality today.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You honestly don't see how '' this will not be tolerated'' followed by a picture of a gun will be seen as a threat of violence?

''Obviously they didnt mean the ban wont be tolerated with the use of that gun that is pictured right next to the text, they must have just grabbed a random clipart and put in on the flyer to jazz it up''.

The gun graphic refers to the ban mentioned not the lack of tolerance. The flyer concerns a ban on items such as the onr pictured, correct?

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Strictest.

yeah Chicago's gun law are pretty entense

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#50]
OP you are doing it wrong.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top