Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 8:47:38 PM EDT
I have a Colt 6920 sitting in my closet collecting dust.  Now, I'm not one to be a complete dick and capitalize on the current state of things, but I'm also realistic.  At the moment, I could sell it for like $2000 tomorrow, maybe a little more.

Anyway, local dealer has Daniel Defense MK18s in stock for like $13xx + taxes, etc.  So, theoretically, I could sell the 6920, buy the MK18, pay the tax, and still be left with a few hundred to play with for an optic or something maybe.

Understandably, I expect to get a few comments saying I'm price gouging.  And I can understand those arguments, but I see it as simple supply and demand.  We don't criticize dealers for making a profit on their goods, like pmags they probably buy for $6-8 and sell for $12-16.  It's just simple supply and demand.

With those thoughts in mind, what I'm really looking for is an opinion on the long-term benefits of one over the other.  Does anyone see an advantage to owning one over the other at the moment?

Just for reference, I already have in my collection 2 SBRs and a Colt M16.  The 6920 is the only non-nfa AR that I have at the moment.  And I'll soon have a Noveske 10.x inch 5.56 upper, so that might negate some of the greatness that is a DD mk18 in the same length.  Not sure

All opinions welcome and appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, but threads like this are not allowed in GD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top