Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2001 8:01:07 AM EDT
I want to ship 1K of rounds (223) several states away via UPS.  What's a good ballpark figure? Anyone can advertise good ammo prices but if they charge double for shipping the advantage goes away!
Thanks!
TF
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ammoman.com

A bit more $$$ than they guys prices in SGN, but you make it up by the fact that he dosen't charge to ship.

It's easiest to just order from him.

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.ammoman.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say $10, but it depends how much the dealer wants to pad his profit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would say $10, but it depends how much the dealer wants to pad his profit.
View Quote

Ya don't need to go through a dealer to buy ammo.  I say $10 is low.  It all depends on weight.  Plus you factor into the distance.  Look at UPS.com and do some figuring.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever heard of something called a phone?I buy from different places depending on caliber there is a difference there 308 is twice as heavy as 223..........
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah Cutie Pie I've heard of the phone!
Thought I'd get an average answer from the group without running into a moron but no such luck!  And yes I got back from Knob Creek yesterday!  Had to park in the next county and hoof it in, same old shit push and shove. I did like the macineguns though. I suppose if I were way cool I'd showed up in cammo and took the $60 chopper ride in their little scout ship. There's a fine line I guess between the weekend warriors and the weekend weirdos. Not a lot of serious folk, a lot of Rambo wannabes. There were a fair amount of decent folk there though to be honest.
TF
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
A 1000 round case of .223 weighes about 30 pounds (including packaging), so somewhere around $10-$15 sounds about right.

You can calculate what it would acctually cost by going to the UPS site: [url]http://wwwapps.ups.com/servlet/QCCServlet[/url]

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks BigPig!
TF
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm paying $68 from  the ammoman to me in hawaii, good deal since not to many people will ship ammo to hawaii. thanks ammoman!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah ammoman sounds like a good person to do business with. He doesn't screw you with the credit card surcharge either. I've got to renew my driver's license and send him a copy, else I would have ordered this weekend.
TF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top