Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 6:46:08 PM EDT
Seriously... Be interesting to see what the GD wolves think of it, if nothing more than to amuse myself.

Since, oh say about 1993 or so, Ive been gradually losing compassion for the human race. I wont get into the ins or outs of why, as that's no ones business but mine. Draw your own conclusions if you must as to my reasons. I wont discuss them.

Wife and I got into pit bull rescue a couple years ago. It kind of came to a crecendo recently when we lost a dog that we had nursed back from being a bait dog, and never got adopted. I bawled for like two days over that dog. Fuck it, I dont care if people think its "un-manly" some how. That fucking dog was more of a man than alot of people. All he wanted was a forever home, and he never got it.

Then I sit down and I realize that, I honestly have magnitudes of order more compassion for these dogs than I do my fellow man.

My wife thought it was fucked up that I could cry over a dog, but not people. Or why when I see the story of a soldier I get dusty eyed, but when I see the colorado movie shooting, I kind of shrug and say, "should have protected yourself", and show no emotion.  

I'll drop a 20 in the no-kill shelter's coffer at tractor supply, but pass up the salvation army bell ringer and not even give them a second thought. I'd donate dog food while people starve, and honestly not give a shit.

Granted, I CCW, and would risk my life in an instant to stop an active shooter. and I'd step in front of a bullet for my wife without so much as a second thought.

But when I see dead people, wether its a car accident, shooting victim, syrian rebel, african massacre victim, whatever, I just dont feel anything. When I see the same thing in a soldier, I do feel something mind you.... So there is that.... But I instantly seem to feel more for an abused animal than I do other human beings.

Maybe I just see the worst in people.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate most humans as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Um..perhaps the dogs life is a metaphor for something deep inside you.  

A superbowl quarterback gets constant coaching and training to stay at the peak of his game.  You are no different.  Talk to a professional therapist about your concerns.  Your game will improve.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
silliness
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kind of shrug and say, "should have protected yourself", and show no emotion.  

You know he hurt children, right? And that some of the people who got shot were shot protecting children and other people...literally using their body as shields to stop him from hurting someone they loved.

Maybe stop playing on the internet and go find some people who need help and want help, and involve yourself in their lives until you're no longer so removed from real human suffering and struggle that goes on every goddamn day around you that you're tempted to say silly shit.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't hate humans, but I do understand your sentiment.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know he hurt children, right? And that some of the people who got shot were shot protecting children and other people...literally using their body as shields to stop him from hurting someone they loved.

Maybe stop playing on the internet and go find some people who need help and want help, and involve yourself in their lives until you're no longer so removed from real human suffering and struggle that goes on every goddamn day around you that you're tempted to say silly shit.

Quite possibly the best thing I've read on this site yet.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to colorado, not sandy hook.  Sandy hook did effect me. It just pissed me off though

And the last thing I am is removed from human struggle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to colorado, not sandy hook.  Sandy hook did effect me. It just pissed me off though

Don't back out now......

That was only the first call out

Edit

JW

You are one well spoken SOB.

Thank you

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry buddy but your an idiot !!!! JK I hear ya. My pitbull and Cane Corso would lay their life down for me and my family. It's a love that can't be understood until you see them. I never wanted dogs but with these 2 dogs in my life- I never relaized how much they mean to my family. I hear ya and completely understand.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seriously... Be interesting to see what the GD wolves think of it, if nothing more than to amuse myself.

Since, oh say about 1993 or so, Ive been gradually losing compassion for the human race. I wont get into the ins or outs of why, as that's no ones business but mine. Draw your own conclusions if you must as to my reasons. I wont discuss them.

Wife and I got into pit bull rescue a couple years ago. It kind of came to a crecendo recently when we lost a dog that we had nursed back from being a bait dog, and never got adopted. I bawled for like two days over that dog. Fuck it, I dont care if people think its "un-manly" some how. That fucking dog was more of a man than alot of people. All he wanted was a forever home, and he never got it.

Then I sit down and I realize that, I honestly have magnitudes of order more compassion for these dogs than I do my fellow man.

My wife thought it was fucked up that I could cry over a dog, but not people. Or why when I see the story of a soldier I get dusty eyed, but when I see the colorado movie shooting, I kind of shrug and say, "should have protected yourself", and show no emotion.  

I'll drop a 20 in the no-kill shelter's coffer at tractor supply, but pass up the salvation army bell ringer and not even give them a second thought. I'd donate dog food while people starve, and honestly not give a shit.

Granted, I CCW, and would risk my life in an instant to stop an active shooter. and I'd step in front of a bullet for my wife without so much as a second thought.

But when I see dead people, wether its a car accident, shooting victim, syrian rebel, african massacre victim, whatever, I just dont feel anything. When I see the same thing in a soldier, I do feel something mind you.... So there is that.... But I instantly seem to feel more for an abused animal than I do other human beings.

Sounds exactly as how I would have written that.  I haven't given a dime to a "human" charity in years, this year I've given close to $1000 total to local pet shelters.  It's what I gave some for Christmas gifts.

EDIT - Just to clarify, it's not that I'm a "human hater", I just don't feel the need to give to charities where much of the money will be spent on things like salaries and marketing/advertising.  I remembered that I did give a $200 donation to St. Jude's Hospital last year as part of a friend's retirement gift.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't back out now......
That was only the first call out

Not backing out at all. As I said, GD wolves have at it. Haven't heard the story about the guy shielding his girldfriend or whaetver. That dude's a hero. Too bad he wasnt armed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus Christ, dude

Are you just seeking attention? A pat on the back for being borderline psychopathic maybe? What exactly did you plan to gain from posting this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ, dude

Are you just seeking attention? A pat on the back for being borderline psychopathic maybe? What exactly did you plan to gain from posting this?

Im not psychopathic. Thats a bit much.

Ever think that maybe its someone being jaded? I mean seriously - humans are viscious animals.

I dont plan to GAIN anything.

I just wonder if other people are satarting to get numb to all the human violence.......
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sorry buddy but your an idiot !!!!

irony...you called him an idiot with poor spelling.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry buddy but your an idiot !!!!

irony...you called him an idiot with poor spelling.  

You must have missed the joke part of that he's not really an idiot you know

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
It's now the in thing to be a soulless specter....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I still have compassion for ppl but I have a strong bond with animals bc I feel like that are so innocent. I have also rescued pits from dangerous situations. I have also raised a few from birth. They are great dogs and get a bad rep for nothing really. Bc again it is the owners that make them either good or bad. But seriously do try to put some faith back in ppl, some are decent and just have had very rough lives and seen things that most ppl couldn't fathom and struggle at finding happiness. It is sad though when some ppl have had a perfect life and are still asses. My suggestion is to keep doing what you do for animals they need it, but also know that there are some good ppl out there that need love too.

And well said John Wayne!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Easy answer is innocence. Animals and most children have something most adults dont, innocence. They just want to please us and be loved. You are perfectly normal IMHO. I am the same way. Most people think Im strange when i tell them I dont feel like I am part of the human race. I always feel like i am on the outside looking in on a big fuked up experiment.. whatever...........
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy answer is innocence. Animals and most children have something most adults dont, innocence. They just want to please us and be loved. You are perfectly normal IMHO. I am the same way. Most people think Im strange when i tell them I dont feel like I am part of the human race. I always feel like i am on the outside looking in on a big fuked up experiment.. whatever...........

You might be on to something.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL dude, you aren't alone. I cry like a baby over my animals, and will cry at Saving Private Ryan, or when I watch IED videos.

But I see the shootings, and say meh.......People Suck
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
some people aren't worth the effort, most dogs are.
man's best friend > bromance
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have always said...

I like most dogs more than I like most humans.

That however doesn't remove me from feeling down when I see bad things happen to good people.

I am a lot like you in a lot of ways, just don't let the evil in this world prevent you from being a good person to your wife, a complete stranger, or someone that is a lesser person than you are.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Remember that.

interesting thought.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:L

Snip

My wife thought it was fucked up that I could cry  starve, and honestly not give a shit.

LOL dude, you aren't alone. I cry like a baby over my animals, and will cry at Saving Private Ryan, or when I watch IED videos.

And you sir, just might need to seek help.

If you see children murdered, and the best you can muster is

"meh, I love puppies",

your brain may or may not be fucked.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Snip

My wife thought it was fucked up that I could cry  starve, and honestly not give a shit.

"meh, I love puppies",
you're brain may or may not be fucked.

fantastic misinterpretation of what I said.

Utterly fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Snip

"meh, I love puppies",

Sorry dude, It's like I just don't give a fuck anymore
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#29]
OP my wife is the same way about more animals in general.  If she had to pick between a dog being killed or a person being killed...well the dog would still be alive
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snip

"meh, I love puppies",

you're brain may or may not be fucked.

fantastic misinterpretation of what I said.

Utterly fantastic.

I'm on my phone, I suck at quotes, check my edit.

I was speaking to the last person to respond.

It fits.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snip

"meh, I love puppies",

Sorry dude, It's like I just don't give a fuck anymore

No shit

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you care about pit bulls before you started working to help them?

Try helping some people in need. Plenty of children in this world in need.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I feel for any living thing which i have a personal attachment to.

The number of living things with which I have a personal attachment to is gradually diminishing.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You're not the only one man,I have been called every name under the sun for my lack of sympathy for other people.I will do what ever is in my power to take care of my dogs.
So don't feel bad about how you feel because you are not alone in your mind set.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I've become numb over the years, the Colorado shooting sucked but I just didn't react like most. Now, the Sandy Hook incident really got to me, it took me few days to actually believe it happened. However, I don't have more compassion for animals than humans.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#36]
So a steak dinner must suck for you eh?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Some people drive you towards apathy :-/
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been there, done that.

All I'll say is that no good deed goes unpunished.

I agree with the OP. Generally speaking, dogs are better than people.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been there, done that.

All I'll say is that no good deed goes unpunished.

I agree with the OP. Generally speaking, dogs are better than people.

Generally speaking, people are crazy.

If its my dog or a human, and there is only one chance, ........

Go on. Finish the sentence.

(Dog lover here)
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it's easy to lose compassion for a general population; I'll be happy to admit that in general I dislike people, but I can--and do--feel great love and compassion for persons individually quite easily.  It may be totally cliche, but sometimes its worthwhile to stop and "see the forest for the trees."

Persons are generally good, although some are misguided. People are a conglomeration of all the worst traits of persons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top