Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 5:53:18 PM EDT
Is it just me or does it drive you nuts when you are sitting at a stop sign and someone pulls up to the side of you blocking your view.  I always thought it was common courtesy to stay back enough so the person that was at the stop sign first was able to see?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Common courtesy and common sense no longer exists sadly
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are turning left right and they pull up on your right left, you go when they go.

Nobody can hit you because they are in the way covering you.

That solves half your problem.

ETA:
What can I tell you .......... I am left handed and always get it all fucked up.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you are turning left and they pull up on your right, you go when they go.

lol wut
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut

If you got that backwards, you are correct. However, if someone is trying to make a left on a busy road, I'm not gonna wait to make my easy right turn. It pisses me off when people making that left pull all the way up and/or don't leave room for a car to squeeze by on their right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it just me or does it drive you nuts when you are sitting at a stop sign and someone pulls up to the side of you blocking your view.  I always thought it was common courtesy to stay back enough so the person that was at the stop sign first was able to see?

I've never heard of that rule.

What bugs me about that scenario is when someone uses the breakdown lane/ shoulder to turn right.
If they wanted you to have a dedicated turning lane there, it would be there.
The shoulder is not a lane.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I drive a MINI so I don't block any views in the first place.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What bugs me about that scenario is when someone uses the breakdown lane/ shoulder to turn right.

Are you talking about using the shoulder at an intersection, or just making a right off of a bigger road, using the shoulder? I see no problem with either one. The first keeps traffic from getting backed up behind a bunch of idiots trying to make a left. The second gets your vehicle out of the flow of traffic.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
As deplorable as it is to drive in Florida or California, American freeways have nothing on the asshattery in Japan...

I'd pay big bucks right now to deal with just a few ignorant jackasses on the road, not millions of them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I drive a MINI so I don't block any views in the first place.

I drive an F250, so my view is rarely blocked.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut

If you got that backwards, you are correct. However, if someone is trying to make a left on a busy road, I'm not gonna wait to make my easy right turn. It pisses me off when people making that left pull all the way up and/or don't leave room for a car to squeeze by on their right.

See edit above.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are turning left right and they pull up on your right left, you go when they go.

ETA:
What can I tell you .......... I am left handed and always get it all fucked up.

Sorry.

Still, not necessarily.  What if the left turner (who has been sitting there for a few minutes and is getting impatient) decides to pull out for a left turn but has just enough room to clear traffic that is approaching at a high rate of speed?  He would be safe.  You, the right turner, unable to see this, decide it is clear because the guy next to you pulled out.  Wham, you get rear ended because you were unable to accelerate in time.

Definitely one of those cases where its not safe to assume its clear.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, that does drive me nuts when people block my view when turning, but it is not a big enough deal to get worked up about.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you talking about using the shoulder at an intersection, or just making a right off of a bigger road, using the shoulder? I see no problem with either one. The first keeps traffic from getting backed up behind a bunch of idiots trying to make a left. The second gets your vehicle out of the flow of traffic.

I'm talking about using the shoulder as a turn lane.

It is not a lane of travel. It is not a turning lane. It is a sign of an impatient driver who can't wait in line.

Quoted:
As deplorable as it is to drive in Florida or California, American freeways have nothing on the asshattery in Japan...

I'd pay big bucks right now to deal with just a few ignorant jackasses on the road, not millions of them.

Can't be any worse than Afghanistan
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I drive a H2. I make it a point to pull up and block thier view, then make eye contact and give them the finger while I pull out in traffic without looking. When you drive a hummer, everyone respects you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#16]
obviously you are not from Texas.

Our motto is, if it is paved, you can drive on it

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top