Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:19:28 PM EDT
How many round mags are they allowed to have there? Can they own a 35 round mag for 22 rifles?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My reason for asking is I have a guy from Massachusetts wanting to buy a 35 round mag for a 22 rifle and ship it there to him.   I don't want to get my ass pinched if it's not allowed.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an expert on Mass gun laws, but for some reason I keep hearing Admiral Ackbar's voice in my head....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm not an expert on Mass gun laws, but for some reason I keep hearing Admiral Ackbar's voice in my head....

yeah kind of what I am thinking. I don't want to be a dick to the guy since I agreed to the trade, but I didn't realize he was from there until he gave me his address.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We are under the 94 assault weapons ban still, ten round only, pistol and rifle. Pre ban mags are legal though, not sure what you're selling was in production prior to 1994.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
His problem, not yours.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
A “large capacity feeding device” is defined the same as in federal law, or:
“a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; ... The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.”

http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/awfacts.html
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

We are under the 94 assault weapons ban still, ten round only, pistol and rifle. Pre ban mags are legal though, not sure what you're looking for was in production prior to 1994.

The Mag I was selling is a newer mag for the S&W 15-22, So I take it I should not send it to him then.  I just don't to get into trouble and I put in my add to know your laws.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok I messaged him and asked him if he knew about the mag ban, and he informed me he was a LEO. So I guess all is fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top