Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:31:01 PM EDT
My mom went down to replace her Carry Permit (old one expired).

Normally it is a 30-45 minute task, start to finish. They were telling people that the wait for fingerprinting would be up to 5 hours!

Is this happening anywhere else in GA, or was it just Cobb County?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Your state requires re-fingerprinting to renew an expired permit?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
In Nassau County NY (my home county) the wait is a year and a half, just for fingerprints.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Renewed mine back in October.

Online.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
a year and a half?
Good lord!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In Nassau County NY (my home county) the wait is a year and a half, just for fingerprints.

So, do you lose your place in line if you have to take a bathroom break ?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The wait has been up to 8 hours here in MS at my local highway patrol office.  The weapons permit officer only takes applications on Tuesdays from 8:30-11:30 but during the last few weeks, people have lined up at 8AM and some weren't served until after 4PM.  A recent increase in crime was already causing a spike in applications prior to the current political issues.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My mom went down to replace her Carry Permit (old one expired).

Normally it is a 30-45 minute task, start to finish. They were telling people that the wait for fingerprinting would be up to 5 hours!

Is this happening anywhere else in GA, or was it just Cobb County?

Dunno about GA, but I renewed mine PA License to Carry a Firearm yesterday morning. I got there right after the Montgomery County, PA Sheriff's Office opened, about 0830. While I was waiting one of the deputies told me that on Wednesday, they processed 53 LTCFs, most of which were new applications. Only a few renewals. If PICS (PA Insta Check, we don't use NICS in PA) hadn't been swamped by all the panic buying they would've processed about 70.

Just for shits n giggles I went to my favorite gun shop yesterday afternoon. It's in Bucks County. Speaking with the owner, he told me that Bucks County is experiencing a similar flood of new LTCF applications.

So, people are not only buying a shitload of guns, they are also applying for carry permits like crazy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Your state requires re-fingerprinting to renew an expired permit?

It was VERY expired....

... and I believe we do require a full re-application - something to do with the ATF being pricks and playing with our CCW = NICS bypass status. I'll know for sure in about 2 years when mine is due again.

ETA: There were some news guys there when she was... and she was on the news! (didn't come off as a dufus either!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top