Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 2:14:19 PM EDT
I need to find something else to do until ammo prices come down. What's a good inexpensive setup  for a noob?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Skinflute.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Washburn dread.  ~150 bucks.  WD100 or something like that.

eta: That's for acoustic.  I don't know shit about electric.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I need to find something else to do until ammo prices come down. What's a good inexpensive setup  for a noob?

You don't learn the guitar...  It's not like learning French.

You learn to *PLAY* the guitar.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Inexpensive as in below $500.00?  

Look for a used Mexico Fender Strat and a Fender Mustang 2 amp on Craigslist.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Scour Craigslist. There will be lost of good deals out there as people try to pay off Christmas or their kid decides that being a rock star is harder than they thought.

None of the cheap guitars or guitar/amp combos are going to be "good", but they should all be good enough.

Guitars, especially electric guitars, are getting more and more specialized for types of music, so make sure you get something that fits the kind of music you want to play.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a music and musicians forum right here on arfcom!  Some useful info there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you know your ABC's? We only need to learn to G. Now there are variations of those chords but for now that is all you need to learn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top