Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2002 11:08:29 PM EDT
Recently, both my dogs came to me and asked, nay, demanded that I post their movie reviews here online for you all to enjoy.  So this weekend we sat down and viewed some flicks and then I got their opinions.  
Their rating scale is a bit different than the thumbs up/down, bit, they'll either Woof! (good), Howl (ok), or Growl (bad).  

First up in the stack of DVD's was "They Call Me Trinity".  This Canadian produced western, shot in Italy, features a fast talking gunslinger who's traveling around looking for something to do.  Bullitt thought the transfer quality sucked, but enjoyed some of the slapstick-esque humor.  He also felt the lack of portrayal of the value of canines in the west was a big minus.  Stumpy disliked nearly the whole thing, except for the Sherriff.  
Bullitt: a Howl
Stumpy: a Growl.

After that we viewed "Office Space", a story of several hapless employed folks.  Bullitt felt this film was an enjoyable comedy, but thought the main character was a wuss.  Stumpy disliked nearly everything, and said the film, except for Jennifer Anniston, sucked.

Bullitt: a Woof!
Stumpy: a growl.

Finally, our last picture of the night, "Dolemite".  A 1970's blaxploitation film in which the title character is released from prison to help track down a drug and gun pusher.  Bullitt and Stumpy both went outside and pooped after this film, then came in and gave it a very special rating:

[img]http://www.aforkinthetoad.com/images/P8250010_small.jpg[/img]

Bullitt: Poop!
Stumpy: Crunchy!
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Were you inhaling some of the smoke from today's brush fire in Briones park? he he
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
LMAO

Both girls slept through "We Were Soldiers" today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dude, Dolemite's a classic. My friends and I've got most of the movie lines memorized, and use them whenever possible. I can't believe you fed it to the pooches.
View Quote

They stole it, actually.  They used to only go after stuff on the floor but I've been carefully avoiding leaving things there.  BTW, this was a rental, too.  [:(]

Oh, and "I'm so bad I kick my OWN ass twice a day!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You tell Stumpy I said he's a grouchy pooch.
View Quote

Stumpy says:  GGGGrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

note, he still paws at the screen when J.A. comes on for some reason, though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Ever see the movie where the Trinity Boys are small-time crooks looking for a score, so they break into the back door of a large store to hold it up, but there is a police station there!  Doing some fast talking, Hill ends up getting them both hired on as rookie cops.  It was worth some good laughs. Can't recall the title of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0070215[/url]

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005IC53/ref=ase_imdb-adbox/102-7392345-0252163[/url]

I'll have to add it to the netflix queue.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top