Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:53:38 AM EDT
Perhaps this is a stupid question... oh well.

If another assualt weapons ban goes through and is similar to last one, what does this mean for uppers?
Can manufacturers still make uppers for customers with lower as they aren't technically firearms?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine that all parts sans lowers, will continue to be manufactured.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
would be subject to 'feature' test.  Probably no falsh hiders, threaded barrels, or bayonet lugs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i've heard from a friend of mine in the business that's read the new legislation that uppers will only be manufactured on mondays and thursdays, and lowers can only be manufactured on fridays. also, 30 round magazines will still be made and sold but consumers must pledge on the honor system that they'll only load 10 rounds at a time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Perhaps this is a stupid question... oh well.

Not perhaps, IT IS, along with the other noob ban questions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top