Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:28:55 AM EDT
Sounds like Cerberus can't find a buyer, so they're selling at auction.  This is gonna be interesting...  

http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/12/cerberus-appoints-lazard-for-freedom-group-sale/
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Group buy?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
$5.01

They pay shipping though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Just keep some cash on hand and watch for an IPO on Remington Outdoor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]
If I had the cash Id so buy it. then I get to cleaning up the QC in all the firms..
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Group buy?

I'm in.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had the $, I'd buy it up and immediately put all Fed, Sate and Local Gov's on notice that if they pass any kind of legislation infringing on the 2nd Amendment, they would never receive any product or support from the company again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#7]
IPO!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I had the cash Id so buy it. then I get to cleaning up the QC in all the firms..

It is cheaper and more effective to implement a QA program. That said, a Quality improvement is welcome.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is cheaper and more effective to implement a QA program. That said, a Quality improvement is welcome.

get out of here with your sigma crap!

got I hate the whole ISO junk..
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IPO!

Don't let the same guy that handled Mark Zuckerberg's IPO be in charge!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And, I'd say you have no business sense.  They have over 646.8 MM in current debt liability, whomever buys them will spin off profitable units, properties and IP.

I'm not saying that somebody won't buy them and keep them in business. but there is a reason they are going this route to liquidate the holdings....

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#12]
ok just email the investment group  that owns where I work, and asking them to take a look at it.. he owes me a favor..

LOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's this? A fellow kindred QA spirit?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ISO ain't shit.

Try dealing with 21CFR...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, I'd say you have no business sense.  They have over 646.8 MM in current debt liability, whomever buys them will spin off profitable units, properties and IP.

I'm not saying that somebody won't buy them and keep them in business. but there is a reason they are going this route to liquidate the holdings....

ya because there QC is shit. thats why they are not making money. EVERY SINGLE thing freedom group touched turned to shit. because it was all about the profits and the bean counters are trying to run production. Pump and dump, thats how they work.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#16]
So uh... I can kick in like 10 bucks....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya because there QC is shit. thats why they are not making money. EVERY SINGLE thing freedom group touched turned to shit. because it was all about the profits and the bean counters are trying to run production. Pump and dump, thats how they work.

That appears to be true, though I'd blame Cerberus, as it seems to extend beyond 'Freedom Group'.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That appears to be true, though I'd blame Cerberus, as it seems to extend beyond 'Freedom Group'.

was trying to keep it simple for the riff raft here..
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't the .mil just award the new M4 contract to Remington?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.  It has nothing to do with QC, but thanks for playing....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.  It has nothing to do with QC. but thanks for playing....

[rolls eyes]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

[rolls eyes]

Quite the comeback, I have been thoroughly schooled...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[rolls eyes]

oh ya im so jelly on your business sense!

way to go tiger!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[rolls eyes]

oh ya im so jelly on your business sense!

way to go tiger!

Why don't you explain how they are not 'making money,' so we can all see that great business sense of yours....

Obviously you know nothing of a 10-K,  so I'll let you google that for a minute....

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because Danny Quayle is a fucking pussy who let the CalSTRS set his corporate policy and now has to try and offload shit in a fucking fire sale.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because Danny Quayle is a fucking pussy who let the CalSTRS set his corporate policy and now has to try and offload shit in a fucking fire sale.

It's all business man, why let it be personal; CalSTRS is a very, very large account.  They generate tons of income for companies they choose to manage their funds, Cerberus wants a larger part of that pie...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One does not need ISO or Six-Sigma to implement QA, .

QC is like driving in the rear view mirror.

It is much easier and cheaper to design quality into the product and process than catch defectives ex post facto.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like Cerberus can't find a buyer, so they're selling at auction.  This is gonna be interesting...  
http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/12/cerberus-appoints-lazard-for-freedom-group-sale/

They haven't had it on the market long enough to not find a buyer.

Unless you've heard something in the industry, everything I've heard says nobody wants to touch this with a hazmat suit on...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Who would be most likely to buy any of the properties?

Which properties would most likely be sold?

CZ buys Remington?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nothing has to happen in two weeks ... matter of fact, nothing has to happen at all ... they look, and look, and don't find an immediate buyer, go back and tell the shareholders they need to sit on things until things cool down, etc., etc.

Sure, but the simple fact is; if CalSTRS wants out, they will get out.  I've said it before, I highly doubt Cerberus is liquid enough to allow CalSTRS to divest 751.4 MM from their funds....

That being said, up until this week I thought it was all a PR move for both Cerberus and CalSTRS.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all business man, why let it be personal; CalSTRS is a very, very large account.  They generate tons of income for companies they choose to manage their funds, Cerberus wants a larger part of that pie...

They get 5% of the CalSTRS investment portfolio ($751.4 million) and allowed them to dictate corporate policy when it came to a long term investment. Freedom Group generated $677.3 million sales for the first 9 months of a the year. Personally, I would sooner have cut them check for their investment than left them dick with a long term investment.

Cerberus is a $20 Billion portfolio.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#34]
A rifle wasn't used in the shootings.  More mass hysteria from the ruling classes.   http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get 5% of the CalSTRS investment portfolio ($751.4 million) and allowed them to dictate corporate policy when it came to a long term investment. Freedom Group generated $677.3 million sales for the first 9 months of a the year. Personally, I would sooner have cut them check for their investment than left them dick with a long term investment.

And CalSTRS is 155 Billion, that's a lot of business.

When you account for the typical management fees plus investment power, the upside to attentional bushiness from CalSTRS is greater than the potential liability of the ownership of a company affiliated with the firearms industry.  Additionally, they are having a very hard time of digging the Freedom Group out of debt, which was largely incurred during the restructuring of the companies.   Say what you want about Cerberus. it makes some business sense to cut the losses....

Although, it is not what I would do.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A rifle wasn't used in the shootings.  More mass hysteria from the ruling classes.   http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495  

Stop it.
Sure.  Anything you say.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Better check closely. This could be an auction for just one mag, not all the companies.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole thing sounds like legalized extortion to me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And CalSTRS is 155 Billion, that's a lot of business.

Cerberus is not going to get the majority of the Calstrs portfolio, they are too busy investing in winners like Facebook.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Cerberus is not going to get the majority of the Calstrs portfolio, they are too busy investing if winners like Facebook.

LOL, I don't think so either.  But you have to keep the money rolling in somehow...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Group buy?

Don't dismiss it.  Over half of the populace owns fire arms

If only 1% of Americans pooled in that would be a huge number of shareholders.

Anyone want to look into this ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#44]
I hope in the longrun this is a positive thing for the ACR. I've always been disappointed with how Freedom Group/Cerberus handled it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope in the longrun this is a positive thing for the ACR. I've always been disappointed with how Freedom Group/Cerberus handled it.

ACR ?

Bushmaster ACR i.e. the Magpul Masada.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#47]
This needs a Bain/Halliburton buy out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

and killing production rates....this might not be a bad thing...

but cost to the gun owner would go up..

count me In
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I think with all of our combined PMAG profits that we can afford it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top