[#1]
You post a lot of questions that have already been answered

I suggest you read a bit more

Head to the reloading forum

And if it ain't blue, it's shit

J/k
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
You're gonna' need some pliers, and a set of 30 weight ball bearings.  And you're gonna' need about 10 quarts of antifreeze, preferably Prestone. No, make that Quaker State.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You post a lot of questions that have already been answered

I suggest you read a bit more

Head to the reloading forum and read, don't ask the same question, will be locked quick

And if it ain't blue, it's shit

J/k

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Some proper instruction from someone who knows what they are doing should be your first step.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]
A press.  I use a single stage for match ammo, and a dillon 550B progressive for bulk ammo.

Brass cleaner.  Most use a vibratory cleaner I have switched over to steel media and water in a tumbler.  The only thing I have to use is dish soap.

A trimmer.  This can be anywhere from $20 to $300 depending on how fast you want to go.

Case lube and a lube pad.

Dies.  For 223 dont bother with carbide you have to lube rifles rounds anyway.

If you dont get a progressive press you will need a powder thrower.

A good scale.  I recommend digital but many do fine with beam scales.

Powder, primers, bullets, and brass.

I buy once fired brass for $5 per hundred at a local range this is very cheap.

For plinking 223 you can get pulled military bullets for around $45 per 500, this is also very cheap.

You will also need a set of calipers for measuring length.

I almost forgot if you dont buy a progressive press you will need a hand primer to seat primers.

Someone please add anything I forgot.

This is very addictive especially if you are chasing smaller group sizes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to the reloading forum and pay attention. I knew nothing when I started now feel confident that my reloads are better and safer than what I can buy. I also learned that I will most likely never sit down and reload 6k of .223 ever again. by the time my labor rate was figured into the equation I had the most expensive .223 one could own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top