BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Africa wins again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
In three months the Ambassador will be back and with former rebels hired to be his primary personal security.

Sounds crazy doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In three months the Ambassador will be back and with former rebels hired to be his primary personal security.

Sounds crazy doesn't it?

Sounds pretty normal for Africa
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#4]
That ambassador must not be on the shit list.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#5]
We should implement gun control over there.

That will fix it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck evacuating, send Hillary there to hold the place down.  She'll be fine, I'm sure it's only a local protest.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Guess they don't want another Libya scandal on their hands....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guess they don't want another Libya scandal on their hands....

Exactly. Learned their lesson
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The State Department has closed its embassy in the Central African Republic and ordered the ambassador and his diplomatic team to leave the country as rebels there continue to advance and violence escalates, U.S. officials said Thursday.

A Pentagon spokesman, Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale, said that at the State Department's request, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta had directed U.S. Africa Command to evacuate U.S. citizens and designated foreign nationals from the U.S. Embassy in Bangui "to safe havens in the region."

I wish people would quote the salient parts of things like this instead of just dropping a link. But that's just me.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]

If no one is left at the embassy  I say we launch a few tomahawks at the compound should the rebels enter it.

Our territory our rules.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#11]
TIA
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If no one is left at the embassy  I say we launch a few tomahawks at the compound should the rebels enter it.

Our territory our rules.

Good idea.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our territory our rules.

Good idea.

Are they capable of delivering a nuclear warhead?

'cause that's what is needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top