Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 5:31:57 AM EDT
Imagine in the near SF future, new tech n' such, some sort of sanity test were devised...  results might apply to all sorts of civil "permissions"--to own a gun, to vote, etc.  I used to think about a so-called "humanity" test--might be surprising how many would fail.  There are dystopic implications, of course.... who's to define "sanity"???  The Soviets declaring un-PC attitudes as mental illness, giving them the ability to put away dissidents in asylums, come to mind, of course...  and I recall the story from a few years ago, some guy in the Denver area had a problem with his taxes supporting GLBT causes.  Some hardcore lesbian was on the radio, she was really viscious about it--she declared that the taxpayer was insane and should be institutionalized.  Could things come to that???
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
as soon as they bring them back for voters i am in.

Opened this thread to repeat this statement.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Tourettes does not cratchett! stop you cratchett! from leading a cratchett cratchett! peaceful cratchett! successfull cratchett cratchett! life. cratchett cratchett cratchett!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The voices in head have a consensus and they are against this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
This makes me laugh.  I am of the  belief that EVERYBODY is 'not sane'.  Every single living person has mood swings, reacts differently to various stimuli, and has a 'value breaking point'.  
 There can be no standardized test that wont make all of us (humanity as a whole) look nuts.

The trick for 'normal people' is that they integrate well into society (which says nothing about their personal lives).
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top