Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:04:34 AM EDT
On another forum I had some 20rd Fal mags for sale.  A guy posted that he would take them.  He sent me his info on where to ship them.  Turns out he lives in California.  I thought that no mags of any kind over 10 rd capacity could be imported into the state?  Can someone from CA weigh in on this?  Should I tell the guy to piss off and not sell them to him?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell him to read his state's gun laws.

NO!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand, it is legal to sell them to him as rebuild kits if you disassemble them before shipping them.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
No, as in I can't sell to him?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They can be imported into CA if they disassembled into components as a magazine repair kit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From what I understand, it is legal to sell them to him as rebuild kits if you disassemble them before shipping them.

ARKAR

What is to stop him from reassembling them, then later if he gets caught with them, saying I shipped them that way?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, as in I can't sell to him?

No, as in the guy above is wrong. Sort of.  Break them down and then they can be sold to him.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the first time I have ever run into this issue.  I don't want to sell something that may later come back and bite me in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Break them down as rebuild kits.. and bite you in the ass? you think CA is going to come get you ?

People not wanting to do business with people in ban states is really what hurts them most..
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay. Then don't do it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Break them down as rebuild kits.. and bite you in the ass? you think CA is going to come get you ?  
People not wanting to do business with people in ban states is really what hurts them most..

I never said it was a matter of not wanting to do business with someone in a ban state.  I just don't want to something illegal.  That is why I started this thread.  For advice on how to proceed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said it was a matter of not wanting to do business with someone in a ban state.  I just don't want to something illegal.  That is why I started this thread.  For advice on how to proceed.

dude, just walk away.

you can sell those mags to a non-ban state for the same $$ with less hassle.

People in Kali bring that shit on themselves by staying there.  Same with NY, etc.  If you live in those places, and you bitch about them........you only have yourself to blame.

It would be like me complaining about snow and living in AK.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Break them down, put them in the box and take a picture of them with the buyers address visible. Keep the picture as proof that
the mags were sold and shipped as parts if it makes you feel better. Or just politely decline to do business with the guy.

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The rebuild kits are not illegal. The felony is assembling the rebuild kits within CA. What he decides to do with your rebuild kits is his responsibility to stay within the law.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If you could just see what gets sold, legally, in California gun shows these days...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Magazine repair parts are legal in California. Ship them disassembled.

It is up to the buyer to comply with California law and use the parts to repair grandfathered magazines, rather than assemble new, non-compliant magazines.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARKAR

What is to stop him from reassembling them, then later if he gets caught with them, saying I shipped them that way?

Who cares?  CA law doesn't extend into NV.  It's on his shoulders not yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top