Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 7:26:27 PM EDT
so over a week ago I ordered 10 3-packs of Troy Battle mags. showed in stock. next day got an email saying they were back ordered. I told them I do not want to back order anything and requested the order be canceled.

A couple days later I see my card charged for $431.75. Not a pending auth, a posted charge. emailed again requesting my order be canceled, card be refunded.

Called them 3 times, no answer, left voice mail. no call back.

Running out of options I posted on their facebook last night inquiring about this. No response. I posted again today asking for my card to be refunded. No response.

A few minutes ago I got a shipping confirmation email. They shipped me 2 of the 10 3-packs that I ordered for 83 bucks. Awesome, shipping me 20% of an order that I requested to be canceled many times. Yet I am still paying for the entire purchase.

Has anyone dealt with these people before?  I understand being busy but this is ridiculous. I'd really rather not dispute the charges because it shows up on your credit report when you have an item in dispute.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'd really rather not dispute the charges because it shows up on your credit report when you have an item in dispute.

So?  You need to raise holy hell with your CC company if you can't get through to the vendor.  Merchants are not supposed to charge for products until they get shipped.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd really rather not dispute the charges because it shows up on your credit report when you have an item in dispute.

So?  You need to raise holy hell with your CC company if you can't get through to the vendor.  Merchants are not supposed to charge for products until they get shipped.

i want to take a loan out in march. the dispute may efffect it which is why im hesitant to do so
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, didn't take you long to run to the forums to complain.  I will post the same answer here as I have both on our facebook page, and in response to your multiple emails...hopefully you get a chance to read this one before you post elsewhere....

You ordered 10, we were only able to provide 2.  You were shipped 2, and refunded for the remaining 8pks that were not shipped.  

It is true that you sent emails and left voice messages inquiring about your order, and most recently to cancel the order....however, our staff is not able to check email prior to every shipment...especially given the current state of the industry and it was only today that I noticed the posts on facebook and looked into your order.  I am still not sure why you are so upset about the transaction.  We shipped you 2 total pks and that is what you were charged for.  

Once again....I hope this helps explain the status of your order.  

Brian
PFI & Firearmspro.com
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i want to take a loan out in march. the dispute may efffect it which is why im hesitant to do so

What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow, didn't take you long to run to the forums to complain.  I will post the same answer here as I have both on our facebook page, and in response to your multiple emails...hopefully you get a chance to read this one before you post elsewhere....

You ordered 10, we were only able to provide 2.  You were shipped 2, and refunded for the remaining 8pks that were not shipped.  

It is true that you sent emails and left voice messages inquiring about your order, and most recently to cancel the order....however, our staff is not able to check email prior to every shipment...especially given the current state of the industry and it was only today that I noticed the posts on facebook and looked into your order.  I am still not sure why you are so upset about the transaction.  We shipped you 2 total pks and that is what you were charged for.  

Brian
PFI & Firearmspro.com

hmmmm
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, what the fuck...

You're disputing a charge to your credit card company, not disputing the credit card company to a credit reporting agency...

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, was your card refunded the 8 packs that were cancelled?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah...a dispute like this can affect a loan....paypal helped themselves to nearly 1k from my checking account...while we were in the middle of purchasing our house....we disputed the charges and had to get a letter to our loan officer describing the whole ordeal in detail.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah...a dispute like this can affect a loan....paypal helped themselves to nearly 1k from my checking account...while we were in the middle of purchasing our house....we disputed the charges and had to get a letter to our loan officer describing the whole ordeal in detail.

Disputing a vendor charge to a credit card company can not affect a loan. The disputed charge will not count against your credit limit while the charge is in dispute.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
In

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Brian
PFI & Firearmspro.com

Sad I had to post here to get a response. At this time my card has been charged 431.75. There are no pending refunds as of this moment.

I requested the order to be canceled immediately after receiving the back order notice. That was a week ago. And then this guy sends me a rude and condescending regarding my order tonight. Rather than apologizing for charging me for product he didn't have and his failures to communicate.

Not checking emails prior to shipments? I got the shipment notice for 20% of the order tonight. You do not check emails or voice messages for over a week at a time? Right.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disputing a vendor charge to a credit card company can not affect a loan. The disputed charge will not count against your credit limit while the charge is in dispute.

Then I guess the loan officer who handled my mortgage was full of shit huh?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
This is gonna get good

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work for one of the largest finance companies in the US. A dispute with a merchant through your credit card is reported to the credit agencies as having an item in dispute. This can indeed effect your ability to get a loan.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like you got what you wanted.  You do understand that shit is a little fucked up right now, don't you?  I'd let it go and thank the retailer for what they've done.  

If that's not enough....Send me your payment info and I'll buy the mags off you for what you've got in them.  I don't need them, but what the hell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seems like you got what you wanted.  You do understand that shit is a little fucked up right now, don't you?  I'd let it go and thank the retailer for what they've done.  

If that's not enough....Send me your payment info and I'll buy the mags off you for what you've got in them.  I don't need them, but what the hell.

I ordered 30 mags.

Was told they went to back order.

Was charged for all 30 magazines

Request multiple times for order to be canceled throughout the week

Received shipping notice that 6 of the 30 mags I ordered were going to be sent.

Still do not have a refund. I have paid for 30 magazines, i am being sent six. I requested the entire order to be canceled.

If my card actually does get refunded in a timely manner then i'll be happy. But i dont deal with vendors that fail to communicate and then send you rude email when asking about your order and wtf is going on with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea what he told you.

Do you want to share the entire story with the class?

Also, how does PayPal drafting money from your checking account compare with disputing a vendor charge on a credit card?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Brian
PFI & Firearmspro.com

I call BS.

I made the same order for 10 3 packs that were "in stock" and my card was charged immediately.

Then, 3 days later my order was changed to "back order" as I was logging in to check it daily.

I have called and left 5 messages as well as sent multiple emails asking if it can be shipped or my card charge removed until it ships.

I have not received a single response other than the original confirmation email.

You won't return calls or emails but you will reply here?

My order number is 11201. Please cancel it and refund my card ASAP.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work for one of the largest finance companies in the US. A dispute with a merchant through your credit card is reported to the credit agencies as having an item in dispute. This can indeed effect your ability to get a loan.

Please explain exactly how it can affect your credit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree that shipping times and orders are hectic, no doubt.  But something is amiss here.  

OP says he cancelled the order a week ago.  tacomatose (Brian) says they processed 2 of the 10, and refunded the 8 that did not ship.  OP claims there is no refund as of right now, in direct conflict with what Brian claims.  

I'd like to know when the refund was given?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 30 mags.

Still do not have a refund. I have paid for 30 magazines, i am being sent six. I requested the entire order to be canceled.

If my card actually does get refunded in a timely manner then i'll be happy. But i dont deal with vendors that fail to communicate and then send you rude email when asking about your order and wtf is going on with it.

So you don't need the 30 mags?  Or do you need them right now?   I can tell you this much....If you're looking to flip them, that game is over.  Go to ebay.  You'll see mags selling for $18-25.  

If I were you, I'd be having buyers remorse as well.  

According to the post above, you were only charged for what was shipped and the rest was cancelled.  Is that true or not?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work for one of the largest finance companies in the US. A dispute with a merchant through your credit card is reported to the credit agencies as having an item in dispute. This can indeed effect affect your ability to get a loan.

Does your credit-fu surpass your remedial-English-fu?

Sorry..."largest finance companies in the US" made me think of people who say they work at a Fortune 500 company when they're a cashier at McDonald's. I had to take a crack at such a glaring error.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I agree that shipping times and orders are hectic, no doubt.  But something is amiss here.  

OP says he cancelled the order a week ago.  tacomatose (Brian) says they processed 2 of the 10, and refunded the 8 that did not ship.  OP claims there is no refund as of right now, in direct conflict with what Brian claims.  

I'd like to know when the refund was given?

I'd also like to know.  I also see another Oregonian is claiming the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Brian has sent an apology email and a screenshot of the refund they provided. So I am satisfied. Sad it had to come to this but I thank them for getting it resolved.

The refund has not yet hit my credit card as of yet, so I am still on the hook for the entire charge. I will contact my CC company in the morning to make sure it is pending.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian
PFI & Firearmspro.com

I call BS.

I made the same order for 10 3 packs that were "in stock" and my card was charged immediately.

Then, 3 days later my order was changed to "back order" as I was logging in to check it daily.

I have called and left 5 messages as well as sent multiple emails asking if it can be shipped or my card charge removed until it ships.

I have not received a single response other than the original confirmation email.

You won't return calls or emails but you will reply here?

My order number is 11201. Please cancel it and refund my card ASAP.

Shit just got real.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 30 mags.

So you don't need the 30 mags?  Or do you need them right now?   I can tell you this much....If you're looking to flip them, that game is over.  Go to ebay.  You'll see mags selling for $18-25.  

If I were you, I'd be having buyers remorse as well.  

According to the post above, you were only charged for what was shipped and the rest was cancelled.  Is that true or not?

No it is not true. I was charged the entire 431.75 and am now being refunded the difference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Bob...

in response to this email we received today....

"I have no problem waiting for the items to ship as long as it is in stock.

Can you tell me if my order number 11201 is in stock and when it will ship?

Online it says “backorder”.

Thank you."

Are you now requesting to cancel your order?  As clearly mentioned in a previous post....we have not been able to keep up with emails/phones/orders over the past few weeks, a quick search found this as your most recent reply.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I just replied to you last email, with more details of the refund etc.  Hopefully we are clear and this debate can be put to rest.  

Yes, we are more than a week behind on our shipments/email/phone calls, and that is even after bringing in extra hands to help with the load.  Not hiding anything here, the current rush can be a double edge sword to small and large dealers alike, sure to be some bad with the good no matter how hard we try.  

I asure you that you were only charged for the mags that shipped and refunded the rest, and we will continue to do the same for others if we are unable to fullfill their entire quantity.  

If any other of you have similar backorders that you would like canceled and have sent emails etc, I will continue to monitor this post and respond as time allows.  

Brian
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread makes me think that people are buying shit that they really shouldn't be.  If you're gonna try to flip shit, the rule is to be able to own it up front.  I don't mean have posession of it....I mean own it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bob...

Thank you."

Are you now requesting to cancel your order?  As clearly mentioned in a previous post....we have not been able to keep up with emails/phones/orders over the past few weeks, a quick search found this as your most recent reply.

Yes, as I said and left on the machine. I have no problem waiting as long as my card is not charged until it ships.

Why didn't you reply to the emails sent until it was posted here? Or the phone calls? Why are you charging people for back ordered items and then not communicating?

Yes, now I want my order cancelled. Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#31]
It is always real for us when a customer is unsatisfied.  We strive to keep every customer smiling....but as they say "in a perfect world"....

We as most others in the industry and struggling to keep up with demand, and when it comes time to prioritize our effort, shipping and receiving becomes paramount and other tasks tend to bring up the rear (email, phone, housekeeping, eating, sleeping, etc).  

....back to work....
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bob...

Thank you."

Yes, as I said and left on the machine. I have no problem waiting as long as my card is not charged until it ships.

Why didn't you reply to the emails sent until it was posted here? Or the phone calls? Why are you charging people for back ordered items and then not communicating?

Yes, now I want my order cancelled. Thank you.

If you would take the time to read the above posts, I have clearly answered these questions multiple times.  I only found your email after seeing your post here, and I only found this thread as a result of a facebook post from another customer.  I still have not had time to listen to voice messages/emails/etc.  

I will research your order as well, and you will not be charged/refunded for any products that have not shipped already.  We had over 200 shipments leave our facility today, many of them partial orders.  

You will receive automated emails as your order is canceled etc.  

Anything further?  

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, we are more than a week behind on our shipments/email/phone calls, and that is even after bringing in extra hands to help with the load.  Not hiding anything here, the current rush can be a double edge sword to small and large dealers alike, sure to be some bad with the good no matter how hard we try.  

Brian

Brian,

I get it. Things are crazy. But a simple Eblast to your customer list with what you said above would go a long, long way to avoiding stuff like this.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a suggestion... Quit accepting orders if you can't provide the service needed to process them correctly and expediently.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Brian,

I get it. Things are crazy. But a simple Eblast to your customer list with what you said above would go a long, long way to avoiding stuff like this.

Good luck.

Funny you should say that....we have launched multiple eblast to those that ordered mags....here is the context of one that went our on 12/19 others have been sent since...we are working hard to catch up!

"WWW.FIREARMSPRO.COM

Magazine Order Update
Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent magazine order.

As always, we are working hard to process and ship orders as quickly as possible. However, we are currently experiencing some delays due to the rapid increase of orders. We will continue to work hard to fulfill orders in a timely manner and we appreciate your patience throughout the process. We have several deliveries of magazines scheduled to arrive throughout the next two weeks and anticipate having sufficient quantity to fulfill all current orders. You will receive tracking information when your order ships as well as backorder notifications if an unexpected shortage arises.

Thank you again for your business and continued support.
PFI Team

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is always real for us when a customer is unsatisfied.  We strive to keep every customer smiling....but as they say "in a perfect world"....

We as most others in the industry and struggling to keep up with demand, and when it comes time to prioritize our effort, shipping and receiving becomes paramount and other tasks tend to bring up the rear (email, phone, housekeeping, eating, sleeping, etc).  

....back to work....

I see a lot of problems with this. As a business owner keeping the customer happy is priority 1. There is no "we strive to keep every customer smiling...but". You opened your business. You wanted to deal with the public. Consumers are what pay your bills and keep your lights on. There is absolutely no reason to go a week without returning calls or emails. Either hire someone to answer the phone, or stop taking orders. All customers want is to know they are being taken care of. And as a business owner you should know there are things like sleep, and eating, that take a back seat to taking care of business.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

....back to work....

I see a lot of problems with this. As a business owner keeping the customer happy is priority 1. There is no "we strive to keep every customer smiling...but". You opened your business. You wanted to deal with the public. Consumers are what pay your bills and keep your lights on. There is absolutely no reason to go a week without returning calls or emails. Either hire someone to answer the phone, or stop taking orders. All customers want is to know they are being taken care of. And as a business owner you should know there are things like sleep, and eating, that take a back seat to taking care of business.

If you feel the need to critique us, by all means go ahead....I really don't have the time to engage in this trivial debate.  Every business owner knows that customers come first...but you also can't prepare for the type of influx our industry has seen in such a short period of time.  You forget....I am a customer also, and we too have many phone calls, emails, etc that are still unanswered from vendors, suppliers, who are doing their best to keep product moving.

I appreciate your insight, although i'm pretty sure it's intent was not to be constructive...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Feedback thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top