Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:16:36 PM EDT
Seems when trying to backorder pmags they're requesting payment info, which is fine but do they charge now for backorders or when they ship?  Do they do a full authorization when back ordering?

Seems Brownells, Bravo, AIM & midway are probably the largest dealers for magpul, I guess it doesn't matter who I backorder with at this point does it?  

Also is there any place that offers better pricing when you buy say 50 at a time?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
At this point, I'm surprised they are even allowing backorders on mags.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At this point, I'm surprised they are even allowing backorders on mags.

Everyone else went into hiding or is jacking up the price.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
DSG. They authorize when ordered then charge when they ship. Click on the backorder link.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DSG. They authorize when ordered then charge when they ship. Click on the backorder link.

I got charged when I ordered.'

ETA: Correction they just authorized the card. you were right
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an order pending with Brownells. No hold or anything on my card. They said it will process when the order is filled.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got charged when I ordered.

If an out of stock item displays the 'add to cart' option, you may place a backorder for the item. Backorders will be automatically shipped then they are back in stock. Backordered items paid by credit card are authorized on your card at the time you place your order and funds are actually charged to your card when we ship the item(s).

Items that are 'out of stock' and do not display the 'add to cart' option are not available for backorder.

Contact us at [email protected] if you require further assistance.

http://dsgarms.com/backorder.htm

Gen 2 windowless $12.25

Passing on a good deal. This is my first order so I hope I don't get burnt.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got charged when I ordered.

If an out of stock item displays the 'add to cart' option, you may place a backorder for the item. Backorders will be automatically shipped then they are back in stock. Backordered items paid by credit card are authorized on your card at the time you place your order and funds are actually charged to your card when we ship the item(s).

Items that are 'out of stock' and do not display the 'add to cart' option are not available for backorder.

Contact us at [email protected] if you require further assistance.

http://dsgarms.com/backorder.htm

See edit above.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven gotten charged for anyone of my 3 backorders for mags at Brownells. I think its better to have a back order with a huge vendor like Brownells  since they prob get a larger allocation of mags from magpul.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I back ordered 8 M3 mags with windows for about 126 shipped. May add more .
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven gotten charged for anyone of my 3 backorders for mags at Brownells. I think its better to have a back order with a huge vendor like Brownells  since they prob get a larger allocation of mags from magpul.

That's why I back ordered with them last week. Figure they're safer than 95% of the vendors out there. I also factored their volume to mean more mag allocations.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#11]
DSG just extended there 10 mags for $100 sale till the 31st. I would not want to be on the tail end of that  back order list though
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
DSG just extended there 10 mags for $100 sale till the 31st. I would not want to be on the tail end of that  back order list though

Link for that deal?  I don't see it on their website.  I'd literally pick up a case at that price.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's the best place that accepts backorders of PMAG M3s with regard to shipping time, if you don't give a fuck if they bill now or later?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Midway limits it to 2 mags I believe
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice, thanks guys.  Just got in with the DSG holiday pack.  Any idea on how long the authorization charge takes to drop off?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

^^^^^^^^

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#18]
2 to 3 days
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have an order pending with Brownells. No hold or anything on my card. They said it will process when the order is filled.

This.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice, thanks guys.  Just got in with the DSG holiday pack.  Any idea on how long the authorization charge takes to drop off?

If it's that important, you shouldn't have ordered them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Took about 3 or 4 days for mine to drop. Depends on your bank, though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Also, figured I would point out that if your plan is to backorder at several places then cancel the orders that don't come in first, you might want to skip the DSG deal.  They've said that with the volume of emails/calls, etc... that may not be possible in this case.  If you're not sure you want them, don't order them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Is there a promo code?
Is there a difference between the Gen 2 and M3 mags with windows. I just backordered the M3 mags with windows.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If a person already has a bunch of mags and some cash lying around to spend I think it's a win win.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's that important, you shouldn't have ordered them.

I ordered a case so just wondering since it's a larger order.  Might order a second case before the deal is over

Quoted:
Quoted:

If a person already has a bunch of mags and some cash lying around to spend I think it's a win win.

That's my theory, I already have a few for now.  Figured back order at the best price I could find & just wait.  

Anyone have any idea how many Pmags Magpul can make per day, especially in over-drive?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top