Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:58:50 PM EDT
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/27/brady-campaign-co-founder-falls-for-fake-billboards-tweet-pic-as-anti-gun-propaganda/

Sarah Brady@Bradytwitt
This is what we're up against, friends: pic.twitter.com/I14we3Wx
27 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

The actual billboard:

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont understand this gun show loop hole thing they keep bitching about.  anytime i bought a gun and a funshow i always have had nics performed on me..

does not compute
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Not surprised at all she fell for it, though.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i dont understand this gun show loop hole thing they keep bitching about.  anytime i bought a gun and a funshow i always have had nics performed on me..

does not compute

Face to face sales in free states do not require a check.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

does not compute

They are talking about a ftf transfer at a gunshow. Legal, not a "loophole"

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ban all guns.

This is all you really need to know about these sick, sick people. They will do just about anything for their cause.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

does not compute
Because you and I as individuals can buy sell and trade firearms without a background check. As it should be. A gunshow is just a place where people with a weapon for sale may go. Just as if they were to do it outside of the gunshow.

They call this a gunshow loophole instead of a private transfer between individuals, of which it is. They do this because everyones too dumb to know the difference.

If I said "we should outlaw the private transfer of firearms", that may be hard for people to get behind.

If I said "we need to close the gunshow loophole where anyone can go buy a weapon without paperwork", that is easier for people who dont know any better to wrap their head around.

Make sense?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Sarah also got booted off Wilson Combats FB page earlier for spewing anti-freedom crap!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
But she has 2100 followers..........

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does not compute
Because you and I as individuals can buy sell and trade firearms without a background check. As it should be. A gunshow is just a place where people with a weapon for sale may go. Just as if they were to do it outside of the gunshow.

They call this a gunshow loophole instead of a private transfer between individuals, of which it is. They do this because everyones too dumb to know the difference.

If I said "we should outlaw the private transfer of firearms", that may be hard for people to get behind.

If I said "we need to close the gunshow loophole where anyone can go buy a weapon without paperwork", that is easier for people who dont know any better to wrap their head around.

Make sense?

i get it now.  my local gun shows.  99% of the tables rented are from gun shops so they are forced to do nics..  

i see what your saying though...  

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

does not compute

They want private sales ended, and they have no intention of limiting any law to only cover gunshow sales, they would ban all private sales. This would give them that registration and ownership database that they have been wanting for so long.

This thread may not be the best place for this question, but my question is, what do they want a registration database for? How exactly is having a database going to assist Law Enforcement solve any crime? It isn't like knowing that a bullet was fired from a 38 is going to help them narrow it down to a single gun, more like one of ten thousand.

Registration comes before confiscation.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone in her office probably made the photoshop. She isnt as innocent as they would lead you to believe. She crawls out from under her rock to do this shit and would lie, cheat or do whatever to perpetuate her dumb misguided ideology.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
For some reason the phrase "dumb cunt"  pops into mind.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Can anyone cite one particular mass shooting where the "gun show loophole" was used to obtain weapons?

All the mass shootings I can think of the weapons were either stolen, or purchased legally.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Isn't a Black Market by definition illegal? So the term legal black market an oxymoron?  Now if you guys don't mind I'm going to use that sneaky loop hole to get out of speeding of doing the speed limit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Woogie, yous' a dumb muthafucker

This shit is as funny as it is scary
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny thing is, here in Illinois, it's already illegal to sell to someone who doesn't have a FOID, even FTF. FOID involves NICS check. The "gunshow loophole" has been closed for a long time in Illinois, and without building a registry too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish I had seen that............

Quoted:

Sarah also got booted off Wilson Combats FB page earlier for spewing anti-freedom crap!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Funny thing is, here in Illinois, it's already illegal to sell to someone who doesn't have a FOID, even FTF. FOID involves NICS check. The "gunshow loophole" has been closed for a long time in Illinois, and without building a registry too.

you have a FOID, you are in a registry.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck that no good whore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can anyone cite one particular mass shooting where the "gun show loophole" was used to obtain weapons?

All the mass shootings I can think of the weapons were either stolen, or purchased legally.

it was reported that the shooter in the sikh temple shooting in oak creek wi obtained his hangun from a private sale after a restraining order was placed on him.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

does not compute

Face to face sales in free states do not require a check.

And the .gov will not allows peasants to use NICS.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh the anti-nuts are tried to arrange just that.........let's see where this clown in NY got his..........

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Ban all guns.

This is all you really need to know about these sick, sick people. They will do just about anything for their cause.

Whatever it takes to win

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#28]

It would be interesting if they would open a path for private citizens to actually conduct the check.

NM, that would be racist.

But in all seriousness, how has Sarah Brady not yet choked on a bag of dicks?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did you even think about what you just wrote?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Columbine.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

does not compute

Do what I do and turn the "loop hole" question back around on whatever dummy is saying that and ask them what exactly it is. 99.99% chance they will give an answer similar to the "shoulder thing that goes up."

But it is a way to educate the few that are capable of learning.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Columbine.

I'm guessing he mean stolen or purchased illegally.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

does not compute

They know it doesn't exist... they just think that if they keep repeating the myth loudly enough, more and more people will believe it and repeat it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Proof yet again that anti-gunners are idiots.  I'm not exaggerating, they truly are mentally deficient.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#35]
#dumbass
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fast and Furious???? LOL
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wish I had seen that............

Quoted:

BigDozer66

I saw her post on one thread and was wondering if it was really her.

Then WC said they had banned her and I had a nice chuckle!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#38]
This was the same chick that got butthurt about the birdman homeboy sights.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#39]
but what percentage of transfers at gun shows are FTF?

of the ones I have been to, I would assume maybe 5% of all firearm sales... maybe less

most of the guys I see walking around with advertising flags in the barrels are carrying Garands or older firearms
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to take 2 AR's to my local gun show next week and see if I can get some loophole action.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Laugh all you want (I did) but expect this shit to end up on the senate floor to support the upcoming ban. Just like the idiot that pointed out all the machine gun battles weekly in Miami as seen on the TV show "Miami Vice." They brought a small Florida county sheriff who was for gun control to support that lie.

I'd be leery of giving them any more ammo, false or not. I was around for FOPA and the 1968 GCA. Don't underestimate what they will lie about. Look at Fast and Furious and the M16 full auto footage to support the 1994 AWB.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#42]
"Tweeted a pic to her nearly 2100 followers"?  Are you fucking kidding me?  She's been doing this for that fucking long and only has 2100 followers?

I could take a pic of a shitter at a Flying J and get more followers than that.

Follow #inthe605 to help prove my theory.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Why hasn't she died of lung cancer yet?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#45]
That's great news! Where's the civic center in San Benny?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

does not compute

They know it doesn't exist... they just think that if they keep repeating the myth loudly enough, more and more people will believe it and repeat it.

Gunshows allow private citizens to engage in a sale which requires no federal intervention. No different than the EE.

I can only assume that's the freedom they want to squash.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does not compute

They want private sales ended, and they have no intention of limiting any law to only cover gunshow sales, they would ban all private sales. This would give them that registration and ownership database that they have been wanting for so long.

This thread may not be the best place for this question, but my question is, what do they want a registration database for? How exactly is having a database going to assist Law Enforcement solve any crime? It isn't like knowing that a bullet was fired from a 38 is going to help them narrow it down to a single gun, more like one of ten thousand.

In the past, registration schemes have been used as a wink-wink way to sneak in a de facto ban.  They just require that all guns be registered, then stop accepting new registrations after a while and make existing registrations expire and have to be renewed with no grace period for a missed renewal.  I guess the ultimate goal is to know where all the guns are so they can confiscate them, but nobody has gotten that far in the USA yet.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

does not compute

Registration comes before confiscation.

Also, if all sales have to go through background check, you could shut down all guns sales in the country by having a software bug. I know it's happened a few times, but recall any specifics.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#49]
HEY, SARAH...HERE ARE SOME BILLBOARDS THAT AREN'T PHOTOSHOPPED!

And...They should be much more relevant to your personal interest, you twit!

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the anti-nuts are tried to arrange just that.........let's see where this clown in NY got his..........

we should talk nice about them...they might come over to our side.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top