Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/25/2012 2:12:35 PM EDT
Found this little guy today. Not even sure what it is.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf do you do?

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Calf head?  Who did your company piss off?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I could tell you but I signed a secrecy agreement.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
With your location, thats not good at all
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty bizarre by anyone's standards, but I'm not allowed to say.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty bizarre by anyone's standards, but I'm not allowed to say.

Same.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I work in the oilfield, so I don't think there's enough room left on the internet to list it all.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
In 2005 I secured a VBIED site and there was a mother dead with her legs blown off clutching her burned dead infant.

You asked
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Firefighter/paramedic here.   I've seen all types of crazy stuff.  Vehicle accidents, meth labs, crazy people,   One of the craziest, stupidest things was a guy that was attempting to cut some tree limbs.  He had an extension ladder up against the tree, the ladder was at full extension. Probably about 20'.  He then attached another ladder to the first ladder by tying the two together.  
He climbed both sets of ladders about 40' in the air.  This alone was pretty good in itself, but he climbed the ladder while wearing an external fixator on his left leg.  He was wearing the fixator from a previous leg injury.  
Well he got to the top of the ladders and went to work cutting limbs with an electric reciprocating saw.  After getting about 2 limbs cut, he and the ladder  fell to the ground.  This resulted in him destroying his left leg once again and also breaking the right leg.  
I'll think of more here in a few, I'm stuck at work, so in between running calls ill check this thread
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]
NVRMD
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I worked at a very busy State Park over the summer, so I had the quite the spectrum. From EMS calls to drunk morons.

We had a very hot, dry summer. Our vault toilets would get dehydrated, and would need to re-filled with water to combat the "funk".

You should see the looks on peoples faces when you back a F-250 up with a 475 gallon water tank to a vault toilet, and pull out a giant canoe paddle.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw a guy stick a bic pen two inches into his dick.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
It my current boring office job, a lady spilled a mocha on her laptop, closed it and left for a three day weekend.   I got to disassemble it and remove the ant colony from it the next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been less then 30 feet away from enriched uraninum (underwater). Its a pretty awesome experience watching them refuel a reactor at a nuke plant.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Kid on suicide watch was somehow ignored by the nite shift long enough to bite his fingertip off and write TuPac lyrics on all four walls of his cell.  I mean top to bottom,in 2" letters.  We figured there were 7 or so songs
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I work in a railyard, I suppose it could've come from anywhere...
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Stood on the roof and watched flames from a wildfire creep up over the mountain to us.

Guy came in drunk or on something on a leash, talking to himself. had a dog with him off a leash and when I told him it needed to be on a leash he grabbed it by the snout and shook its head to show "how good it behaves"

he was promptly kicked out and had the police called on him.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
First day at a new job site having coffee before we started.
Saw some lady runnin down the street screaming for help so we ran over to see what was up.
She pointed us to the garage sure enough when we got in there was her son hanging from the rafters.
She was yelling at me to cut him down but he was cold as ice.
The 911 dispatcher told me to leave him up.
That sucked.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I see crazy stuff every day as I work in an SICU. These are probably the top three:

Someone worked at an explosive plant, had an explosion while leaning over the barrel. Pretty much nothing intact from umbilical up.
Industrial band saw got a guys head transverse from r eye to back of skull almost to midline, probably 4in wide
cryoamputation is fairly regular but I cant get over it each time. Pack an extremity directly with dry ice and then put into a cooler.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
A woman went to the Emergency Room entrance at the hospital and insisted that the security guard had to see what was in her car. He didn't want to leave his post, but she persisted for a long time and he finally got permission to go with her. They went to the parking garage and she opened the trunk of her car. Her children were inside. she'd strangled them. IIRC there were three of them.

We took her to the county hospital via ambulance for confinement while the state prepared the case. She was as bubbly and sweet as you'll ever see.

Sit on this cot.
"Oh sure."

Put your hands here so they can handcuff you to the rails.
"Oh, like this? Okay."

She was a hottie, too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#22]
A few different things:

A drop spent fuel rod leaning on the side of the reactor cavity.
A main steam condenser full of live shrimp.
The carnage in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
The head fall off a dead baby girl that was burned alive in a fire.
A dude shit himself in containment at a nuke and leave a trail of shit all the way out.
Someone left a huge shit in a sealand in a contaminated area at a nuke.
A chick shit herself in the monitors coming out of containment at a nuke.

All I can think of right now, I'm still coming out of the turkey coma.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
During hurricane Irene my facility had a pretty major leak into the basement. A 10" drain line was overwhelmed with runoff from the roof and the excess water backed up against a wall...and found its way in. Unfortunately, that corner of the building is where the main electrical vault is. There are four seperate 460V three phase transformers feeding a series of distribution panels, transfer switches, and step down transformers. All that gear sits about 4" off the floor on concrete pads. The water was at about 5".

As water ran down the back wall like a waterfall, is cascaded around and over a 460 panel.
Meanwhile, my incredibly dedicated (but somewhat liaise faire) engineer was standing in the room, ankle deep in water, with a shop vac and setting up sump pumps, trying to evacuate the water.

Surprisingly, he managed to not kill himself...and he probably saved the facility by getting the water moving out of the room and below the pads. He did this for hours as we waited for a local excavator to dig a quick trench outside to abate the standing water.

That was a scary night.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Saw a guy get backed over by a dump truck that was loaded
with wet sandy shell…

It basically cut him in half and he lived for about 10
minutes after…

Totally his fault, the trucks were backing up under wet
conditions so they had to move kind of fast to avoid getting stuck… the guy
tried to cross behind the truck when it was already in motion and tripped on a
wheel rut and lost his life over it.

Bad day on the job site…

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
saw a guy fillet his inner his inner thighs with a ginsu then take said ginsu and saw across his throat.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I worked at a very busy State Park over the summer, so I had the quite the spectrum. From EMS calls to drunk morons.

We had a very hot, dry summer. Our vault toilets would get dehydrated, and would need to re-filled with water to combat the "funk".

You should see the looks on peoples faces when you back a F-250 up with a 475 gallon water tank to a vault toilet, and pull out a giant canoe paddle.  

I hate to one up you but...... how's about finding the guy standing on a bucket IN the vault toliet?   YUP....perv that wanted to watch women on the shitter.  I arrested him but called a deputy to transport.  Did not want to get the possible stink in my patrol truck.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The day 2 Warrant officers threaten to kill each other in the middle of a PC meeting is up there.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I saw a completely sober guy with a case of beer climb under a train, while the train was unloading about 10 sec after he came out from under the train it took off.  I asked why he would do something so stupid he said he didn't want to wait for the train, I guess life just isn't worth the same to everyone
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw my boss's daughter stick her hand in a snow cone machine.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Got called for a sick person one night and while walking up to the house found 4 people shot in the head laying in the driveway.
Had a guy commit suicide by stepping in front of an 18 wheeler on I-70
Saw a motorcycle wreck happen but before I could get traffic stopped several cars ran over the victims in the road.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I walked into a ptaients room some years ago and caught a friend of his bent over sucking his disconnected central line end while pressing his pain control pump button.

Walked in on a guy plowing his patient wife/SO/whatever doggy style. She was paregnant and in for shooting herself in the abdomen trying to kill herself and the baby.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched a dude pick up a cat by its tail and smack it against the back of an MRAP like you do to feeder mice.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw a guy fingering a chicken. Dude was getting after it for a good 20 minutes. Seemed like he was having a good time, too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's see. I've seen quite a few...

Probably chatting with a person and seeing their exposed heart beating, lungs inflating and deflating at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I work metro EMS. There is usually something so 'out there' everyday that I have had to cotinually  recalibrate by WTF-o-meter.
It is to the point now, I am non-trusting of a situation without an element of WTF,

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Kid get shot in the head.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#38]
i do security at a nuke power plant.  thats all i'm gonna say.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I saw a completely sober guy with a case of beer climb under a train, while the train was unloading about 10 sec after he came out from under the train it took off.  I asked why he would do something so stupid he said he didn't want to wait for the train, I guess life just isn't worth the same to everyone

I got a day-long ride-along with a friend on a frieght train one Saturday.  They were switching cars in one town and the the train was blocking a crossing while the switchman was working.

Some obviously drunk moron walked up to the train on my side and started climbing through the train about five cars fromteh locomotive to get across the tracks.  When the switchman signalled for the engineer to start moving I hollered for him not to move and to watch for the moron to get clear of the train.

The train-trespasser finally got through the train and wandered on down the street.  The engineer said he would certainly have killed the guy by moving the train without never realizing there was someone between the cars.

The drunk moron probably never realized just how close he came to becoming a statistic.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#41]
An 1,100 year old human skeleton in a burial with the lower half replaced by the lower half of a seal.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Aftermath of a car skidding and t-boning an improperly installed guard rail. Overlaps are supposed to go with the flow, like shingles or siding, this one didn't. When they hit it the next joint failed and the loose end went through the passenger door, the passenger, and the driver.

The backseat rider wasn't wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the car. He came apart at the seams. There were lots of small squares of plastic all over the road covering pieces of him up.

Saw a couch fall off a pick up truck and get hit by a semi at interstate speed. Luckily that trucker kept his shit together and got safely slowed and off the road. Everyone was uninjured but that big rig was smashed up pretty good.

In Africa I saw a group of guys walking a baboon on a huge chain. Dog came running out of an alley barking at the baboon. That monkey literally went ape shit on that dog. He was beating it with the chain and ripping limbs and chunks off of it. The guys with it just stood there and watched until the baboon calmed down and they all just strolled off.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It my current boring office job, a lady spilled a mocha on her laptop, closed it and left for a three day weekend.   I got to disassemble it and remove the ant colony from it the next Tuesday.

i've actually had an exterminator come in and treat a laptop for german roaches.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Unions thinking they are helping their bargaining employees but really fucking them over.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Aftermath of a car skidding and t-boning an improperly installed guard rail. Overlaps are supposed to go with the flow, like shingles or siding, this one didn't. When they hit it the next joint failed and the loose end went through the passenger door, the passenger, and the driver.

The backseat rider wasn't wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the car. He came apart at the seams. There were lots of small squares of plastic all over the road covering pieces of him up.

Saw a couch fall off a pick up truck and get hit by a semi at interstate speed. Luckily that trucker kept his shit together and got safely slowed and off the road. Everyone was uninjured but that big rig was smashed up pretty good.

In Africa I saw a group of guys walking a baboon on a huge chain. Dog came running out of an alley barking at the baboon. That monkey literally went ape shit on that dog. He was beating it with the chain and ripping limbs and chunks off of it. The guys with it just stood there and watched until the baboon calmed down and they all just strolled off.

Lemme guess, Nigeria.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
An 1,100 year old human skeleton in a burial with the lower half replaced by the lower half of a seal.

You win.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I work in a prison, so, I'd rather not say.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Two gay black dudes fucking like bunnies in the back of one of our limousines... As I was in the drivers' seat...
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Not at work, but my daughter and I were headed back to Texas from a LA Tech game this past October.  Somewhere near Longview, TX - westbound on I-20, we were in my wifes new 4Runner and had a newish Acura MDX pass us.  I merged left to pass some slower traffic, tucking in about 30-ft behind the MDX.  Suddenly a coyot darts out from the right, I catch a glimps of it as it bolts into the right lane and into the left.  The front corner of the MDX completely removes the head from the coyote and the body rolls - completely disentigrating into many, many pieces.  My daughter was asleep, but missed it.  I was stunned - halfway amazed, halfway shocked.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top