Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/24/2012 6:35:53 PM EDT
I recieved a letter in the mail today from Dicks Sporting goods regarding the Black Friday Troy Carbine I purchased on black Friday from them.

They stated that at this time they would not be able to fill the order and had cancelled it, instead giving me a lousy 100 dollar gift card to their store and refunding my credit card

I hate this retailer at this point.  It seems to me that they saw the tragedy in Sandy Hook as an excuse to stop selling Modern Sporting Rifles, and renege on all the many Troy Carbines they obviously sold at a loss...

I willl never shop there again (other than using that stupid gift card ) and will encourage friends and family to do the same.  Hopefully someone will file a class action lawsuit against these shitheads for this and I can join in
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You lost me at screwed by dicks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hm.. ...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Screwed by dicks?  Whadja expect?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of a dupe

On that note, they gave you a free 100.00 to spend.

Sounds like they tried to make it right for you
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is also a dupe.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
So dicks sucks
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Breach of contract?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Get $100 worth of ammo out of them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
They refunded your money, and gave you $100.
There's nothing to sue for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Use the gift card then never set foot in their stores again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Giant billboard of "no fucking shit".
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kind of a dupe

I'd rather just have what I paid for and had my money tied up for a month now for.

Plus the fact that the Troy carbine is worth 3 times what I paid for it now....

The reason they quit shipping them is because of political and or financial reasons, not that they simply couldn't fill the order eventually.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Use the gift card then never set foot in their stores again.

This is exactly what I will be doing.  And I will be using it to buy (overpriced) ammo as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Remington 700 varmiter in 22-250 at Dicks on black friday.

But ive washed my hands of them since thay pulled the EBR's off the shelfs and i wont be back.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]
no surprise here. they did give up "assault" rifles for political reasons. I hope they go out of business.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind of a dupe

I'd rather just have what I paid for and had my money tied up for a month now for.

Plus the fact that the Troy carbine is worth 3 times what I paid for it now....

The reason they quit shipping them is because of political and or financial reasons, not that they simply couldn't fill the order eventually.

Someone mentioned that dicks pulled all their ARs, so now Troy will not fill the Black Friday order because dicks refuses to order anymore ARs.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I never shop at Dick's Fudd Shack.

Overpriced goods for sale. That includes Cabelas, Bass pro Shop ect. Cabelas sells guns for MSRP PLUS.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I also tried buying from dicks, I got a couple safes on black friday placed my order online and was billed. About two weeks later I had to contact them to find out that they no longer had any and they would refund my money back with a 25% off my next purchase.  About a week ago I drove to the store, and tried getting a new safe. Picked one out and the employee said ok just hold on a min and he would get someone to bring one out and help load it up. After waiting 30mins later i was told ohh im sorry all these safes are on hold for online purchases and to try coming back in a couple of days.  I will never shop there again even if it means I will have to pay more, somewhere else. DICKS SUCK
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
As somebody who got fully fucked this year by Tiger Direct and half fucked by TAG on Black Friday...and now listening to others bitch about getting the shaft, I think its best I take it as a lesson learned.

I tried to cut a fat hog and avoid the people on BF and ended up with 10% of what I ordered.
Lesson- Either go fight the crowd and have my bird in the hand, or dont count on the two in the bush.
BTW, I will never spend another penny with Tiger Direct, TAG or Dicks. Gun guys can be long memory motherfuckers when screwed. Ask S&W & Glock.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I never shop at Dick's Fudd Shack.

Overpriced goods for sale. That includes Cabelas, Bass pro Shop ect. Cabelas sells guns for MSRP PLUS.

What? You don't like the $700 Glocks at Bass Pro?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Call their CS Wednesday and make them call thebank and release your funds to the card. I did it with Tiger Direct and was rubbin one out sippin a beer while playing the most hostile mf she had ever dealt with.

"NO, You need to call my bank right now and pull your pending off my card!"

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
heinneken doubletap

I wish my kid would go to bed so I can play Santa then play with Mrs Claus!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck DSG. It would have been nice if Troy would have honored the rifles already sold though. It sounds like the customers got caught in the crossfire and fucked.

I must admit that I'm not well versed in the situation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck DSG. It would have been nice if Troy would have honored the rifles already sold though. It sounds like the customers got caught in the crossfire and fucked.

DSG is great. Dick's Sporting Goods can suck a dick. Look, Anyone who thought they were a friend of the 2nd ammendment didn't pay attention after Dick's bought Galyion's. They whole-saled every handgun Galyon's had because Dick's "doesn't like handguns."

Then they went into the single action army business, then into the EBR business before they showed their colors again. I have a box of Dicks for Dick's.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Good, now go support your local shop that gives a fuck about firearms.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]
you got dicked
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DSG is great. Dick's Sporting Goods can suck a dick. Look, Anyone who thought they were a friend of the 2nd ammendment didn't pay attention after Dick's bought Galyion's. They whole-saled every handgun Galyon's had because Dick's "doesn't like handguns."

Then they went into the single action army business, then into the EBR business before they showed their colors again. I have a box of Dicks for Dick's.

Of course I missed them all but holy shit there were some deals to be had when galyans went out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Well then, it seems that Dicks will have lots of black rifles they need to return to the manufacturer or distributor.  That means they've got to
return to the retail market at some point.  That's a good thing....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Do what i did.  Send them a letter letting them know that they will never receive another dime of your money.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They refunded your money, and gave you $100.
There's nothing to sue for.

Yeah!  Those fockers!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good, now go support your local shop that gives a fuck about firearms.

+1

Don't be afraid to make them give you a good deal. But, support the LGS.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]
New slogan:

"Dick's Sporting Goods....We Make Botach look Good !! "
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds to me as if they broke a contract.  I'd call Troy and see if they are willing to ship to dicks, if so, broken contract. They only way they could get out of it would seem to be if Troy wouldn't ship to them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Have you called the police or lawyered up yet?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#38]
My friend had to order his as well. Luckily it came in a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it's a bad time for him to catch BRD as he only had a chance to get a half-dozen mags before the panic buying began.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#39]

at least you got the $100 gift card.  I bought a shot gun from them that must of been an open box item.  It was a combo with a few parts missing.  When I took it back the guy from the gun department really messed it up.  He did such a number it had to go back to the manufacture.  It was 4 months till it was returned to me and it could not be repaired.  I was offered a $10 gift card and got to keep my never fired messed up gun.  

I have not stepped in one of their stores since.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Dick's continuing to prove they are the most appropriately nadmed store EVER.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Got you salivating, huh?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#42]
For those of you considering writing Dick(head)'s Sporting Goods, it would be a good idea to include your rewards card after having been run thru a shredder. Make sure to note it's number and/or send a copy with your letter. That way, they can look back at your account over the last year or two and realize how much they're NOT going to get in the future.

An even better idea would be to contact the majority stockholders in DiSpoGo as listed in their SEC filings. Remind the stockholders how much revenue they are losing both now and in the future. Remind them that the corporate management at Dick(head)'s has a fiduciary duty to them, the stockholders, and they have been delinquent in that duty. Also remind them that when a retailer engages in breach-of-contract on a massive scale, that open the company up to massive lawsuits, fraud investigations at the state level, and generally devalues their stock dramatically. Then suggest it may be time for a change of corporate management at Dick(head)'s to one which respects the rights of customers, stockholders, and gun owners in general - one of their targeted demographics with a proven level of disposable income.

One call from a major stockholder will get the attention of the jackwads at the corporate level far quicker and more effectively than boo-hooing to their customer service flunkies. If the left wants to bring pressure to bear to curtail our rights, turnabout is absolutely fair play.

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I stopped by Dicks today they didn't have any rifle ammo in stock....just shotgun....thought that was odd
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#44]

If you hate them so bad then give them back the $100 gift card.  Bunch of fucking whiners in this place.  You got a refund plus $100 and you consider that getting screwed?  You must be the life of a party with negative attitude.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As somebody who got fully fucked this year by Tiger Direct and half fucked by TAG on Black Friday...and now listening to others bitch about getting the shaft, I think its best I take it as a lesson learned.

I tried to cut a fat hog and avoid the people on BF and ended up with 10% of what I ordered.

Lesson- Either go fight the crowd and have my bird in the hand, or dont count on the two in the bush.

BTW, I will never spend another penny with Tiger Direct, TAG or Dicks. Gun guys can be long memory motherfuckers when screwed. Ask S&W & Glock.  

I did almost all of my shopping online (BF and later) and I got 100% of it and on time.

75% of it was through Amazon with the rest coming from Walmart and a couple others.

I remember S&W and Ruger but what did Glock do that we should be remembering?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well then, it seems that Dicks will have lots of black rifles they need to return to the manufacturer or distributor.  That means they've got to
return to the retail market at some point.  That's a good thing....

The rifles that were pulled are still sitting in the back room. DICK'S took delivery...recorded them in their record book. They will not be going back to Troy. Dick owns Field and Stream...they will be resold next summer/fall when those retail stores open. Until then they are just overhead. Fact is the lodge is only 13% of Dick overall revenue...they could really care less if they ever sold guns again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I remember S&W and Ruger but what did Glock do that we should be remembering?

BigDozer66

Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#49]
You post a thread that's title starts with "Screwed by Dicks..." in GD and expect a conversation about rifles to take place. You have much to learn
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I recieved a letter in the mail today from Dicks Sporting goods regarding the Black Friday Troy Carbine I purchased on black Friday from them.

They stated that at this time they would not be able to fill the order and had cancelled it, instead giving me a lousy 100 dollar gift card to their store and refunding my credit card

I hate this retailer at this point.  It seems to me that they saw the tragedy in Sandy Hook as an excuse to stop selling Modern Sporting Rifles, and renege on all the many Troy Carbines they obviously sold at a loss...

I willl never shop there again (other than using that stupid gift card ) and will encourage friends and family to do the same.  Hopefully someone will file a class action lawsuit against these shitheads for this and I can join in

Aren't you a hypocrite...how about shredding it then or you're part of the FSA

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top