Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Ed Sr.,

hey i dont have bad hair days. more like weeks at a stretch. [;)]

what you posted amounts to wise words from years of experience. we should all read and heed.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Did I miss something in this forum? [:D] Let me guess, it involved [argue]...[img]http://www.charter88.org.uk/graphics/padlock.jpg[/img].....[>(].....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Run while you can boys...I feel a group hug coming on...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Did I miss something? I haven't nooticed any bitching.

Ah. What the hell.

This site is going to me mine in a matter of time anyway... Just gotta convince Goat to sell it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
The paternity test results came back today ......I am the kittens biological father.[%|]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Once again Ed sr. shows everyone that he is truly a diplomat.

Now all I have to do is convince him to let me tag along when he hits Tucson.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]
If people want to see an ego trip, they need to take a stroll over to the Todd's forums.  The whiners here have no idea what they're talking about.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I demand that this thread be locked, immediately! Or I'll pout and feel sorry for myself all day.
Do you think there's anyone so stupid on this board, that I need to come back and plaster on a couple of smiley's, to make sure nobody takes my above comment, seriously?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[b]Sgtar15,[/b]
Stop highjacking my thread and start your own JSpringer episode on kitten parenting. [:)]

[red]BOG will be another member of the pannel![/red]
View Quote
Oh f@ck DAMMIT!!!

Did you HAVE to go and do that [b]Ed[/b]???

You know what you did don't you?

You just sent BOG on another three-week, 3,000-post, self-pity rampage about how big, ole' meany [b]Ed Sr.[/b] at AR15.com is picking on poor little BOG who's just trying to mind his own business over at FA!

They are NEVER going to hear the end of it over there.

[;D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Oh and by the way [b]Ed[/b], Thanks for your wise words.

I'll try not to be such a "racist troll" as some of the Mods have called me. [:|]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are you asking me indirectly if you can tag along with Green furniture and me? [;)]
View Quote

I wish. No time though.

Curious though that [b]Green Furniture[/b] used the phrase "...let me tag along when he [red]hits[/red] Tucson".

Freudian slip?

[stick] [spank] [BD]

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I feel so much better now! Like getting kissed at the end of your first date (with the girl your mom set you up with) [puke]

Just kidding, glad all that is out in the open.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#24]
look, i think the major beef is this.

moderators locking threads just because they don't agree with the content, or locking with no explanation as to the forum conduct code rule that was violated.

fix that problem by making the mods accountable and answerable for their actions like they should be, and the problem will fix iteslf.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#25]
When is the Tucson trip? Last I read Cactus Jack was even offering to be your host while you were there.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
look, i think the major beef is this.

moderators locking threads just because they don't agree with the content, or locking with no explanation as to the forum conduct code rule that was violated.

fix that problem by making the mods accountable and answerable for their actions like they should be, and the problem will fix iteslf.
View Quote

They are accountable and answer to all the right people already.

It's all good...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Mr Ed, you're right!!!!! Sometimes we get a little too fired up (me included). I can certailaly understand strong convictions, but there is a time to let it go, and agree to disagree.PS. You're too big to mess with!!! I met you at Bulletfest, you cooked me a yummy brat.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#29]
...which reminds me...thanks, again, ed for cooking lunch while i while i was busy taking my tranquilizers!

we have to get more of you folks to attend the brc and bulletfest...and the other local shoots/events.

it's mighty hard to call someone a nasty name after being squaded with them on a firingline or hanging out with them after the event.

i that thing we call "real life" i have been blessed with a great many friends. but, some of the finest folks i've met in life have been thru these boards.

go easy on the guy on the other side of that screen. odds are he's more like you than you realize.

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Talk to the hand Ed[argue]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Ed provides GOOD advice.  The way too short times I have gotten to speak with him in person have conveyed that even better than words on a computer screen.  The man is a perfect example of how being a hard working and decent individual can transend adversity.  I think it would be neat for him to explain it here some day.

My black friends find it amusing that some here consider me racist.  We laugh about it over a beer and go back to just being men who enjoy each other's company and enjoy and complain about similar things.

As far as how I handle my Staff duties - I am a FNG here and am well aware of it.  I have nuked a few posts but not because I disagree with them.  Rather because they were illegal or so blatantly offensive to all and in violation of the board rules that I had no choice.  I have even failed to lock some accounts that deserved it because I was only interested in locking/moving a particular thread.  I am rabidly anti-PC and have posted a few comments that were in that vein, even including fellow mods/staff - post s I later regreted.  If I post it, I tend to leave there, warts and all.  I do not wish to hide my screw-ups behind the delete key.

I would hope that everyone here who feels I mess up doing my UNPAID duties as Staff would e-mail or IM me and point it out.  I am not unreasonable.  Hard headed?  Yep, but I will always listen and try to be fair.  I try to keep my "offical" board position (what I will lock and what I won't) separate from my personal opinions.

I think most any topic, such as this one, that remains civil and where members try to respect others should be acceptable no matter what the topic.  We can only achieve racial peace in America when we can have a frank, civil discussion about the issues that devide us.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you asking me indirectly if you can tag along with Green furniture and me? [;)]
View Quote

I wish. No time though.

Curious though that [b]Green Furniture[/b] used the phrase "...let me tag along when he [red]hits[/red] Tucson".

Freudian slip?

[stick] [spank] [BD]

View Quote
Hey, I almost forgot about good old CJ. Two birds and all that........
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I love you guys.

Some of what a few here says,... sucks.

But I still love you guys.

I even love those of you who say things that suck.  

You see, over the years I've come to realize, that many here, well,... own machine guns.  So unless I forget this is 'just a web site' and get pissed off about something.  I'm going to be nice to you.

I don't fear you.  I just have a lot of respect for the firepower you may or may not have.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#36]
If I do say so myself, I did a damn fine job of keeping things here running smoothly when I took control of the board on 5-31 to 6-02.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Ed,
I read what's going on here every day, but rarely have time to post much.  This whole "Moderators/staff against the site members" issue seems to be a cyclic affair that comes up whenever the site moderators change.  

I see nothing different going on these days, (other than the fact that I'm not on the "Bitch about the moderators" bandwagon this time...)except that some of our members have taken offense to the sensitivities of some of the new mods, and then [i]gone on baiting missions to prove their points.[/i]

Thank you for the best site on the entire internet.

To all the members here:  Where are you going to go, for the discussion, readily available knowledge & wisdom, and comaradarie that we [b]all[/b] take for granted sometimes, if you don't come here?

Maybe we can [b]all[/b] help clean things up by starting on our own front porches....

Just a thought for the day.  [:D]

Peace.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If I do say so myself, I did a damn fine job of keeping things here running smoothly when I took control of the board on 5-31 to 6-02.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
So Ed Sr. Likes Guinness?  I knew there was a reason why I liked this site.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Ghee I guess we will have to call you the Mod Squad.

Bob   [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top