Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2002 7:58:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to get mad over these Federally funded "any idiot knows that" studies. Now, I've decided to join them rather than fight them.

I plan to get a federal grant to study whether seeing tall, leggy, naked supermodels up close and personal encourages sexuality.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
They waste money and scientists time to tell us what we already have known for years.  Geez...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I think at this point we are all saying one bit collective, "duh".
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh,...plagiarism in the scientific field.
I performed research on the "beer goggle" effect years ago...sampling various different types of spirits, and comparing their effects on various subjects of the female gender.

And now they [b]DARE[/b] publish a study that [b]blatantly[/b] plagiarizes
my work...with the [b]exact same findings[/b].
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Things that make you go...'duh!

Not any worse than the Brit study that found people with certain types of earlobes are more prone to jealousy.  I am sure the US wastes tax dollars on stupid studies but good Lord...

My favorite study though is about 10 years ago on the news they said that boxing can cause brain damage...[rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top