Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2002 7:09:30 AM EDT
[url]http://freedom.orlingrabbe.com/lfetimes/reparations_timetravel.htm[/url]

Louis Farrakhan has now proposed that Congress implement
                                           time-traveling reparations using a more primitive device: taxes on people
                                           carrying certain genes. But I don't think that Farrakhan's followers are
                                           going to like the logical consequences of reparations.

Farrakhan claims that slavery was an economic crime committed against
                                           "black people" by "white people", and that this crime can be recompensed
                                           by taxing white people to pay black people. Although restitution is a
                                           sound legal principle, there are a few problems with this idea. The most
                                           important problem is that every single American slave is now dead. There
                                           are still black slaves in Africa today, but for some reason Farrakhan is not
                                           interested in their plight. Farrakhan and other proponents of reparations
                                           want people carrying the genes of slave traders and slave owners to pay
                                           vast sums to those modern Americans carrying the genes of slaves.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My great grandfather was in a Connecticut regiment and was severely wounded in some minor battle of the Civil War.  The wound, from which he almost died, left him lame for the rest of his life, and, therefore, unable to attain his full economic potential. Does Calypso Louie think Tyrone or Shabiqua should send *ME* a check in as much as they would still be picking cotton for "Massa" if it weren't for people like my great grandfather?
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL, just because every one involving race lately has been locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top