Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2002 7:45:19 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/737279/posts?page=1[/url]
For Democrats to do well this year, they need solid numbers of black votes," said David Bositis, senior political analyst for the Joint
Center for Political and Economic Studies, a research group in Washington that looks at issues affecting African Americans.

"But if black voters perceive that elections in their districts are ultimately being decided by whites and powerful outside sources with
money," Mr. Bositis said, "they may conclude their votes don't matter and decide not to vote at all."

James J. Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute in Washington, said he feared a return to the 1980's, when Gov. Michael S.
Dukakis of Massachusetts, the Democratic presidential nominee in 1988, rejected his group's endorsement, and Mayor David N. Dinkins
of New York refused to meet with him, concerned about angering Jewish constituents.
"This painting of Arab American donors and political participants as being terrorists in disguise is a garish and grotesque caricature," Mr.
Zogby said. "This is not about three or four donors, this is about widely targeted politics of exclusion that could end up in the
disenfranchising of the entire Arab and Muslim American community."

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus, though many are disappointed at the loss of their colleague Ms. McKinney, said they would
welcome Ms. Majette.

[i]"If she comes here willing to work with us and is not skewed by the agenda of her supporters, of course we work with her,"
Representative Johnson said. "We all know we have to move past this."[/i]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought "the agenda of her supporters" is EXACTLY what a Representative is supposed to follow?

Do they expect her to toss the wishes of her consituents aside?

Geez.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There was reporter from Atlanta that called the Michael Savage show...Savage knows the reporter and the reporter said that McKinney is devastated right now. She tries to act as though it's just another loss. Her friends tell the reporter she is extremely upset...HA! [:D]

[fingerscrossed]The loss of power sometimes will cause a person to go into a depression and do bodily harm to themselves.[/fingerscrossed]

I'm just glad she lost..a chapter of our pathetic sheeples is over,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought "the agenda of her supporters" is EXACTLY what a Representative is supposed to follow?

Do they expect her to toss the wishes of her consituents aside?

Geez.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

I have a theory--do you s'pose that's why they call them [i]Representatives?[/i]  [whacko]
View Quote

[sarcasm] No, that CANT be it! [/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There was reporter from Atlanta that called the Michael Savage show...Savage knows the reporter and the reporter said that McKinney is devastated right now. She tries to act as though it's just another loss. Her friends tell the reporter she is extremely upset...HA! [:D]

View Quote

I can't wait for the inevitable tirade against her enemies that is surely coming!  It's going to be a doozy!

JEWS! CHRISTIANS! REPUBLICANS! DEMOCRATS! WHITES! BLACKS! THE MEDIA! THEY ALL CONSPIRED AGAINST ME!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Are there any high bridges located nearby her home?
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Members of the Congressional Black Caucus, though many are disappointed at the loss of their colleague Ms. McKinney, said they would
welcome Ms. Majette.

[i]"If she comes here willing to work with us and is not skewed by the agenda of her supporters, of course we work with her,"
Representative Johnson said. "We all know we have to move past this."[/i]
View Quote

translation of Demo-crapo-speak:

She will NOT be allowed to bend to the direction of her constituents.

Ya know, the people that elected her - her consitutents, the one she is SUPPOSED to represent.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are there any high bridges located nearby her home?
View Quote

Ohhh...I certainly hope so!   [;D]

[b][red][size=4]BYE-BYE CYNTHIA!!![/red][/b][/size=4]  [beer]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
"If she comes here willing to work with us..."
View Quote

Translation:  If she keeps her mouth shut and toes the liberal line.

"...and is not skewed by the agenda of her supporters..."
View Quote

Translation:  If she does toe the liberal line and doesn't listen to those crazy constituents that voted for her, and whom she represents, then we'll help her out...otherwise, she's political toast.

"...Representative Johnson said. "We all know we have to move [u]past this[/u]."

We do?  Past what?  Cynthia McKinney losing?

Whining black liberals...waaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[fingerscrossed]The loss of power sometimes will cause a person to go into a depression and do bodily harm to themselves.[/fingerscrossed]

View Quote

You Bad, Bad, Man...[img]http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Chair.gif[/img]

Don't go getting my hopes up like that![img]http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Naughty.gif[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top