BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:01:25 AM EDT
Order Details - Out of Stock and Have Been Back Ordered

SKU NumberProduct NameUnit PriceQtyTotal

078-000-10730/RD AR15/M16 W/CS SPRING MAGAZINE 10

They said in stock when I placed the order.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, but these are extraordinary times.  They probably ran out of stock faster than their inventory system could keep up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine were delivered today...but i ordered last friday morning..
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just emailed them because I haven't seen shipping confirmation on glock mags I ordered. They were in stock at the time of the order

FUCK
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry, but these are extraordinary times.  They probably ran out of stock faster than their inventory system could keep up.

+1. Brownelles has always been top-notch in my book. It's sad to see all these threads down on some of the best businesses in our sport. Things are nutty now. Give 'em a break.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. Brownelles has always been top-notch in my book. It's sad to see all these threads down on some of the best businesses in our sport. Things are nutty now. Give 'em a break.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

shouldn't have waited until the last minute, its your fault

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, backorders will make it before a ban.

Nothing to worry about unless your just trying to flip em to get in on the panic buying?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#9]
heh

i just got a confirmation email for the one troy battlemag i ordered yesterday

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Brownells is a great company. Can't fault them for the panic buying.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I think someone posted in another thread that they had talked to someone on the phone from Brownell's and they were processing something like 30,000 mag orders.  I would say their inventory software can't keep up with the demand.
Good to see them doing such a great business, but sad for the circumstances.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you AR15.com magazine forum for the heads up on that deal on PMAG 10 packs for 99.99 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Computer inventory tracking, how does it work.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They didn't raise price fast enough.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanted them for the gun show next week.

(just kidding)
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Not just them, everybody.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm positive that they put a BIG ASS DISCLAIMER on every step of the checkout stating that some items may go out of stock. You even have to choose an option. What is the bitch again?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think someone posted in another thread that they had talked to someone on the phone from Brownell's and they were processing something like 30,000 mag orders.  I would say their inventory software can't keep up with the demand.
Good to see them doing such a great business, but sad for the circumstances.

Why? What computer are they using?

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Same thing happened to me, but I'm not upset.

I am sure that they are overwhelmed right now. Chill, you will get your mags.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
OP...really?  You're gonna whine about a backorder? I think you'll survive without them until they come in.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Got my confirmation email this morning from my order last night.  Can't tell you how relieved I was.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Computer inventory tracking, how does it work.

Imperfectly. How many retail businesses do you run?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Brownell's is solid.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Brownell's is very good and professional about filling back-orders. Calm down.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Brownells is a great company. Can't fault them for the panic buying.

AMEN.

Brownells is a deep supporter of the 2nd amendment, and competitive shooting sports.  They donate tons to our cause.  Great company.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Mine were delivered today...but i ordered last friday morning..

Same here.

Orders have exploded.  I'd cut them some slack.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The distributors ran out of Glock and M&P mags overnight, I watched it happen, it was impressive.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

OP...really?  You're gonna whine about a backorder? I think you'll survive without them until they come in.

Yeah, be glad you're in the queue.  I think you'll be fine.  Nothing in Washington happens THAT fast.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm positive that they put a BIG ASS DISCLAIMER on every step of the checkout stating that some items may go out of stock. You even have to choose an option. What is the bitch again?

Hey, I graduated from a public school and got ribbons every year I played T-Ball.

Thank you for ordering from Brownells.com ! Below is your order confirmation for your recent order.  You will receive another email once your order has been shipped.

Confirmation, what does it mean?

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. Like we didn't know this was going to happen for YEARS now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This...and I ordered my 10 pack of PMags yesterday and just got shipping confirmation about 10 minutes ago.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I graduated from a public school and got ribbons every year I played T-Ball.

Thank you for ordering from Brownells.com ! Below is your order confirmation for your recent order.  You will receive another email once your order has been shipped.

You're being an unrealistic little whiner.  Cancel your backorder and get nothing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#34]
That's life, deal with it.

+1 for Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Brownells is one of the few companies I'd be comfortable with mags on backorder, at least aluminum mags.  They have their own mag production facility and are a .mil contractor so you're buying straight from the producer with no middle man.  

I would say your chances of getting Brownells AL mags before anything happens is very high. Assuming anything happens at all.   PMAGS... that's another story.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...and I ordered my 10 pack of PMags yesterday and just got shipping confirmation about 10 minutes ago.  Hang in there.

What time yesterday? I placed an order at 10am mountain time yesterday, and my order confirmation says backordered.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it means they have received your order. it doesn't mean there is stock to fill it. hence the second email for shipping.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Brownell's is solid.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Got mine... Remember panic buying... You got to be first... You snooz you loose...
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Everybody is running out of everything, it's more insane than in 94 and nothing is banned yet.  You cant even place a order at PK, they've been screwed up for days now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I understand your pain, I ordered from them due to them saying they were in stock. I then got a email saying it was a back order.
Kind of frustrating that they said in stock on the page, but they were not. However its not like I have any other choice, so I will suck it up and hope the back order comes in. At least they are considered a good company so I hope they do come in...
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Occasionally, an item will go out of stock before your order is processed due to high order activity. If, for some reason, the product has gone out of stock, you will receive an email notification

The order page has this disclaimer and makes you choose an option. I guess you guys don't remember clicking Backorder or Cancel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Occasionally, an item will go out of stock before your order is processed due to high order activity. If, for some reason, the product has gone out of stock, you will receive an email notification

The order page has this disclaimer and makes you choose an option. I guess you guys don't remember clicking Backorder or Cancel.

When I placed my order it said in stock, and did not give a backorder or cancel option. My order confirmation now says backordered.

I'm not complaining, because I understand that they can run out of stock after my order was placed, just pointing out that there they did take orders for for products listed as in stock that ended up being backordered.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Commandment XI: Thou shalt not take Brownell's name in vain.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if i can.  First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation that Pacs and anyone else encountered with magazines being "In-Stock" and Backordered moments later.  Cedjunior had it correct, the demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered.  They way that our website works is that inventory is fed from our ERP system directly into the website in "real-time".  Unfortunately, "real-time" is the amount of time that it takes for the transactions to work both ways.  During normal circumstances, it is nearly instant.  However, we've been receiving orders at such a pace that these transactions have gotten slower.  We absolutely apologize again, we definitely don't want that ever to be your experience.

To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days.  During a roughly the 36 hour period from Sunday afternoon to Monday evening we sold the "average demand" equivalent of about 3 1/2 years worth of PMAGS, and and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines.  We're working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.  

We're working directly with Magpul daily to forecast out the next couple of months deliveries.  Magpul is focusing their efforts on the BLACK magazines, so we're limiting backorders to only Black for now.  

On the Brownells 30 and 20 round magazines, we're still flowing those into the system daily, and are producing those at 100% capacity as well.  We ordered more material yesterday that will allow us to up production again in the coming weeks.

Our apologies for the delays!  We'll keep working as hard as possible to get these going and will keep you updated always.  Let us know if we can do anything at all.  - JC

And this sort of post and reaching out to the community is why I value your company as a retailer - I don't get to order from you near as often as I'd like, but you always come through and if there are any issues, you take care of them ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So to summarize: 3 1/2 years of Pmag orders in 3 days.

Yeah, I'll cut ya some slack on the 10 I ordered
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys - I can't tell you how much we appreciate you guys hanging in there with us on these.  If we can answer any questions at all let us know.

I placed an order early-ish on Saturday for some PMags and your Al mags.  It has been sitting in "BEING PICKED" status for a few days.  I'm not angry about this at all, I get that you're busy.  However, I want to make sure my order does get stuck in limbo somewhere between getting fulfilled and being backordered.  I tried calling to speak to someone about it but I only get busy signals (again, not angry; I get it).  How can I be sure my order will be fulfilled at some point?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Guys - I can't tell you how much we appreciate you guys hanging in there with us on these.  If we can answer any questions at all let us know.

I placed an order early-ish on Saturday for some PMags and your Al mags.  It has been sitting in "BEING PICKED" status for a few days.  I'm not angry about this at all, I get that you're busy.  However, I want to make sure my order does get stuck in limbo somewhere between getting fulfilled and being backordered.  I tried calling to speak to someone about it but I only get busy signals (again, not angry; I get it).  How can I be sure my order will be fulfilled at some point?

It will be.  Don't get your panties twisted.

If there is one company I would always trust it would be Brownells.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top