Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2002 7:39:11 AM EDT
I just passed my road test and got my drivers license.  I have no insurance yet but once I get a job I will be able to pay for it.  My learners permit was two days away from expiring so if I failed the test I would have to get my learners again.  Overall, I am pretty excited.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Congradulations! Welcome to the world of adulthood and freedom. I can remember my first day many years ago, but it had price. Car insurance, payments, maintence, & gasoline. And of course rmember to drive responsibily. Here in Southern Calif.(L.A.)it is real easy to get a driver's license. Here in the USA, I've had some pretty close calls in the school and mall parking lots, watchout for those soccer moms.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
During my learners period I saw alot of idiots on the road.  I was surprised they ever passed a driving test.  The roads out here can be dangerous as well.  One time a newly licensed girl tried to run my father off the road on his motorcycle.  She went to drive away and my dad followed to get the license plate #.  She started to go very quickly so my dad backed off.  He said it looked like she was trying so hard to get away that she would have gone off the road.  My dad would have no trouble catching up to most cars on his Suzuki Intruder.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulatons..time to go get sh*t-faced and celebrate![bounce]...............Note: I am just kidding!!!!!!!! It should be called a responsibility license!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
20% of accidents involve kids

Drive Slow!

Even if you think you know how to drive now, believe me, you'll be a much better driver in 3-4 years.  So wait till your older to speed.

If your friends think its cool to speed, just be secure in knowing that they won't think its cool when they drive into a tree.

Good Luck and Congratulations.

Now go get a car, and go pick up some chicks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Now you can travel to far away and interesting places to shoot!

Advice #1  Don't drive tired[sleep]

Advice #2 Don't screw around behind the wheel [moon][bounce]

Congrats![:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations!  Please drive the speed limit and don't do anything stupid.  Tell it to your friends as well.  It is drag-racing punks that are causing my insurance rates to be so absurd.  Not to mention that if anyone ever hits someone in my family there will be hell to pay.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats!

please drive with courtesy, and be very careful around bicyclists and motorcyclists.

i hope you enjoy your new freedom and resposibility!

a long and wonderful road stretches before you!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Condraduations CanadianGunNut.
I noticed that you are going to have to work for your insurance. I think that's a good plan.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations! Nothing like that freedom you get when you can finally take out the car on your own. Drive safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top