Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/19/2012 5:43:13 AM EDT
Instead of whining about being doomed, we can do something constructive.

If you aren't a resident of his district, contact him with this link:

Out of district residents

If you are in Ohio's 8th district, use this link:

Ohio 8th district residents

202) 225-6205 Phone

(202) 225-0704 Fax

You can contact the Republican Party here:

GOP

Below is my message:

----------------------------------------

Dear Rep. Boehner,

I have voted Republican every election of my adult life.

If the Republican party allows any sort of gun or magazine ban to pass, I am DONE with the Republican party.  We had a worthless "assault weapon" ban for ten years, which accomplished nothing.  If the party allows any part of that back, I will never forgive them.  You have the House.  You can protect our rights if you wish.

If the Republican party wants to do something constructive, I suggest subsidizing armed security in every school in the country.

Please write back immediately.

Sincerely,

aplomado
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Sir,

I am extremely concerned about a new so-called "assault weapons ban" and "magazine ban". This is nonsense. NIJ studies showed the last AWB had 0 effect on crime. None at all. All this current talk is just more anti-gun people who have always been anti-gun and who's end goal is banning all guns. And they think they have found the opportunity to do so.
And the bill they are pushing now wants to ban "transfers". Great, so I can't leave the majority of my guns to my kids. Or sell them in case of bad financial times. This is complete nonsense, and a violation of our rights. Every gun they want to "ban" is "in common usage" and the Supreme Court has already talked about what that is supposed to mean.

You control the House. You and your fellow Republicans are pretty much the ONLY people that can protect our guns rights. And I assure you, if you fail us then I swear I will vote Libertarian for the rest of my life. In every election since 2000 (when I could first vote) I have voted Republican except for 1 minor local candidate. That can change.

I expect you to step up. We voted Republican for a reason. We held up our end, now hold up yours.

V/R
[Spade]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Done! I also sent my representative, and senators and governor the same letter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
And done. I contacted my Reps and Senators on Monday evening, as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
DOne
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Local resident, email sent.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for home
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking of going with something along these lines;
Dear Mr. Boehner,
 Quit being a bitch. Seriously, just stop.

Sincerely,
                                          Glocklover

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Out of district, but I sent it!

thank you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Out of state but I sent him one too
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Great thread. Thanks.

Folks, please take a minute. It really does help.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Contacted.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Done. Also used the NRA 'Write Your Reps' page to send out to several others.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Done for the second time this week. Will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#14]
sent him a box of these.....hope it helps him through this crisis....

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks, just send a strong message myself
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#16]
This is obviously your very first time writing Congress.

Unless you live in Boner's district, he is not going to give a hoot in hell about your opinion.

The only response that you will get is a note saying that since you don't live in his district he can't send you a response. The aides that read his letters and e-mails are going to throw your letters and e-mails out as if they were junk mail.

No one listens to me. I've been writing these assholes since the first fucking ban, but everyone knows better.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Mr Speaker,

I am very concerned with the recent news coverage suggesting additional gun legislation.  I have been a republican voter my entire adult life.  I am becoming increasingly disenfranchised with the Republican Party's departure from the true conservative values that have built this nation.  Should the Republican party continue to compromise the values that brought them to power, they will lose my vote for good.  

Specific to the popular topic of additional Assault Weapons Bans / Magazine bans / Transfer bans:   NIJ studies showed the last AWB had 0 effect on crime. None at all.  The left is using a tragedy to further their goal of disarming American citizens and destroying the second amendment.  I find it troubling that so many in Washington can not understand the simple phrase: "shall not be infringed."

We (America's conservative base) have been watching you and your associates in Washington.  We are NOT happy with the way you have presented yourself, our ideals, or the Republican party.  Moving forward with ANY legislation further limiting gun rights (or compromising any additional conservative values) will have consequences the next time we go to the polls.

Kindest regards,
UGA Grad

slight changes also made and this was sent to my state reps.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is obviously your very first time writing Congress.

Unless you live in Boner's district, he is not going to give a hoot in hell about your opinion.

The only response that you will get is a note saying that since you don't live in his district he can't send you a response. The aides that read his letters and e-mails are going to throw your letters and e-mails out as if they were junk mail.

No one listens to me. I've been writing these assholes since the first fucking ban, but everyone knows better.

I disagree. As speaker he has an interest in keeping the most R's in the house. That helps him keep his job as speaker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear Rep. Boehner,

I am a registered Republican and have consistently voted for those Republicans who promised to uphold all of our civil rights, including the right to keep and bear arms. I want to take this opportunity to remind our elected leaders that the Second Amendment is not about hunting.

I implore you to remember the demands of your constituency and trust you will do the right thing. Oppose any bans on any style of weapon or magazine size. Shift the focus to the real issues of our mental health system. Don't punish the millions of law-abiding semi-automatic rifle owners for the actions of the evil, especially considering rifles are used in less murders than fists, knives, and bats.

This is my most important issue and I would have a hard time continuing to vote or contribute to the Republican party if this type of legislation passes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Done

And copied the same message to my Congressman.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag for home tonight
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Great thread.  My respectful and sincere message has been sent.

If there was ever a thread to be stickied on this site, this should be it.  This and our representation through the NRA-ILA is the only way that our voices will be heard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Done.  In addition to a "allow gun control to affect my freedom and you are dead to me" type of message, I reminded him that this was not a gun problem it is a failure of the mental health system problem.  It is a security problem, it is a policy problem.

There are solutions, but they're going to take a shift in the way people think about personal responsibility, which is a concept largely forgotten in this country.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Done and done
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Done!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Rough drafts in docs folder. Have been working on them late night when things quiet down around here.

By the way nicely written, calm, short and to the point.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Any fence sitter Republican's that we need to contact?  I have contacted the offices of my congress critters, the white house, the govern, my state reps, pretty much anyone that is a public official that should be representing me.

I swallowed hard and voted Republican in November.  If they cave on this I am done with the party.  Don't go telling me anymore that they are our only choice for protecting our rights if they surrender on this.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Done. I hope they're listening, but I'm afraid they are going to vote with their emotions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Forgot about that.

Used it to write my House Rep. AGAIN.

I made that one slightly nicer than my last in the hopes that my Rep isn't as big a wuss as Boehner.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#30]
This is what I sent them all.  

"Murder is already illegal.
Assault is already illegal.
Guns on school property is already illegal.

Do you see a pattern here?

The thing about criminals is that they are...criminals.
The criminals already are willing to break the laws and kill people.  So, do you really think that banning anything is going to have any effect at all on crime?

Driving Under the Influence is already illegal.  Doesn't stop the drunks from driving.  I anxiously await the call to ban Ford and Dodge, and Chevrolet.

Children killed is a tragedy.  But using this tragedy for your own political purposes is disgusting.  And a waste of time, as this will not stop anything.
If you have paid any attention to the rest of the world, there were 20+ stabbing victims in a school in China, on the same day as the murders in Connecticut.

People are the cause of ALL the violence in the world.  The tool doesn't matter."
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I wrote that fuck stick day before yesterday.  Asked him NOT to consider ANY new gun control legislation.  In the very last line of my letter, I told him not to cave on the fiscal cliff either.   His office responded by telling me all about the fiscal cliff, but not one damn word about guns  So I wrote the fucker again yesterday and only mentioned guns.  We'll see what his response is.

We need an official thread where everyone can post the responses they get from their representatives.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#32]
done
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks for link

Sent a letters/emails few more to follow

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Just sent this to my Congressman:

Dear Mr Wittman,

I am writing to you today because I hope that you will not be swayed be the pressure from the left to enact knee jerk legislation on the issue of gun control. What happened to those defenseless children in Connecticut had nothing to do with gun control laws and everything to do with the fact that we as a country have decimated our mental health system. I urge you support or propose a committee be established to look into FACT based solutions to this problem. Do I support strengthening gun laws, yes, to a certain extent. We should have more in depth background checks that actually take into account the mental health of the applicant. The "Gun Show" loophole, restrict the sale of private firearms at a gun show, problem solved. There should be more emphasis on preventing the wrong people from getting ANY firearm, not on what kind they can have. There have been many studies done on the impact the 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban" had on crime. And not one of these studies found that it had any impact, in fact gun crimes are on the decline. Yet mass shootings are on the rise, this coincides with the decline of the mental healthcare system in this country.

Please do not bend to the pressure to pass legislation quickly that will have no effect other than to make the left feel better. Hold firm for legislation that will actually accomplish something, I know that is a new concept for politicians in this day and age. The saftey of our children is too important for politicians to keep playing their games.

Thank you,
Andy Bard
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#35]
told them give us gun control we will give them a chance to find another job.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Lets give him some support. I think some praise from the speaker might help bolster his resolve to tell Barry to FO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Done. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#39]
done

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Did it earlier today.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#41]
My Rep. will think I've been spamming him.  

Good guy though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#43]
DONE
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Sent this:

No compromise on gun control!

We can't let an emotional response to a horrific crime result in a violation of American rights. The murders were done despite a state "assault weapon" ban, with weapons the murderer did not legally purchase.

Tell Obama to leave our guns alone and stop sending guns to Mexican cartels.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#45]
DONE
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Be sure to remind him to stop fake-crying every time he talks to the media.  Sick of him being such a pussy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is what I wrote Mark Warner who changed his stance on gun rights after this last incident.

I was not especially happy to hear that you would now like to put further restrictions on law abiding firearms owners.  The person who committed the act had major mental health issues, so much so that his mother was looking to have him committed to a mental health facility, BUT COULD NOT because he was over the age of 18.  The Aurora shooter, VA Tech shooter (whose doctor stole the records to save his own hide), Jared Laughner, Columbine shooters, etc etc all had some sort of mental health issue that went unaddressed.  In your emotional response to the shooting, you have scapegoated the gun like so many others.  Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people including children with a fertilizer bomb, the 9/11 terrorists killed more than 10 times as many with an airplane.  An upset school handiman blew up a school in 1927 (when full auto firearms were legal).  "Assault weapons" are responsible for less than 1% of firearms related homicides.  My firearms have yet to take a human life and I do not appreciate being punished for the actions of a person who actually used stolen firearms in the commission of his murders.  Instead of standing on the bodies of dead children to push an agenda that is not your own, take a step back, think about it, and make a logical, informed decision.  Thank You.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Done
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Done.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the link and done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top