Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2002 9:51:37 AM EDT
Take a look at the 7th picture down. This TEXAS based game company says that AMERICAN GUN OWNERS are terrorists.

[url=csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/czinfo/player.csn?CSNUserS%20ession=2fd3ca08db62ccfd0f7]Counter Strike: Condition Zero[/url]

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I DO mean to spread some terror in the hearts of CERTAIN people.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to flame but it says, "Terrorists: American Militia." I do not necessarily agree with that characterization either but let's try for a little accuracy here...
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the chewin' tabakky stained baseball cap is a nice sterotypical touch, don't you????

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
What I find interesting is the hockey masks...not one ski mask in the bunch.

[:(]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
quit complaining and email them!!!

Tel lthem you won't buy it, won't support them, etc...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Not enough camouflage.  The "militia" guys I've seen on TV love camouflage.  I especially like the camouflage t-shirts and white Wal-Mart tennis shoes.

I guess I don't take this personally since I don't align myself with ass-scratching, booger-eating hillbillies named Colonel Jesse who think that they could run this country better than our (less than perfect, I agree) current system.  The only thing I share with those whack-jobs is gun ownership.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#8]
So, who wins in a shootout?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
They need to be fatter, holding a beer and scratching themselves.

It's pretty sad how the media has painted the militia.  If they only realized that we're ALL members of that militia maybe they'd try a different angle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
What I find interesting is the hockey masks
View Quote

Where in the world would a good redneck find a hockey mask?  I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

I like the picture of the redneck with the blaze orange on his vest.  What idiot would wear that in a "tactical" situation?  Do the game designers really think that's realistic?z
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I find interesting is the hockey masks
View Quote

Where in the world would a good redneck find a hockey mask?  I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

I like the picture of the redneck with the blaze orange on his vest.  What idiot would wear that in a "tactical" situation?  Do the game designers really think that's realistic?z
View Quote

Psst...their decoys.

Hey Bubba...why don't you run over there and see if you can flush some people out...

Ok...
*runs toward open area*

POP!
POP!
POP!POP!POP!

Aww crud, we need us another decoy!!!

Yeah its pretty lame, but Red Storm came out with a game, I forget the name, but the demo had basically a bunch of militia type people holding ATF guys hostage.  But at least they were wearing some camo...
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#13]
They've got the Frenchies wrong too on that page. The guys on that picture are actually /holding/ their weapons, and we can see their faces, not their backs. Also, where's the white flag?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As a heavily armed readneck, I can assure I would be smart enought take off my bright orange pheasant hunting vest before opening a can of whup ass on the Spretsnaz.
View Quote

Hehe.  But would you take off the hat with the back end of a donkey and a pile of crap on the cover area?  Or the hat that says "I'd rather have a sister that works in a whorehouse, than a brother that plays for the Dallas Cowboys..."

I love my Uncle's hat collection...
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]
When are they going to come out with a game where you defend your home from invading jack-booted-thugs who are trying to burn your home down?

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an idea for them...

How about Arab terrorists!!  

Nawww...  THAT would make TOO much sense!

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have an idea for them...

How about Arab terrorists!!  

Nawww...  THAT would make TOO much sense!

[rolleyes]
View Quote

The problem is its been done to death.  They're always trying to think up bigger and better things.  My CD got damaged so I didn't get to far but Rogue Spear had Arabs (Egyptian I think) and even had a mission with Japanese eco-terrorists...

Problem is, every time they use American militia it seems stupid.  Unless this is one or two missions can't see how they can create a decent enough storyline.  Then begins the problem again, Arabs always have a good storyline...[:|]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Who composes the biggest part of the CS market? KIDS. How do you think all of this anti-militia crap is influencing them to think? Maybe you all should read [url=www.hevanet.com/kort/SUNDOWN1.HTM]Sundown At Coffin Rock[/url] to get a glimpse of how the next generation is going to react to you "american militia terrorists" owning guns.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
At least a bunch of limp-wristed, idiot kids will be easy to defeat when the time comes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#20]

My letter:

I wish to register my disagreement with your CS Nation charachterization of "Terrorists: American Militia."

It was the American militia in 1776 that made this country the type of nation to embrace the free enterprise system that is allowing you to sell your video game and make a living.

It was the citizen soldiers that fought the Second World War, whose rifleman skills came from owning and shooting private weapons (like a "militia" would) , that enabled America to defeat Nazi Germany.

As part of the Second Amendment "militia" and as further authorized by the Militia Act of 1791, I personally take offense to your charachterization of me as a "terrorist." Though I belong to NO organization even remotely of the "militia" purpose, I am part of the militia as authorized in BOTH the Second Amendment and the Militia Act of 1791. So are you, and, sadly, I doubt you even knew it.

Unlike your parody of the "Terrorists: American Militia" I neither chew tobacco, nor wear coveralls, nor am missing teeth, nor scratch myself (any more than a reasonable amount) It would seem the media does in fact OWN YOU as you seem to have bought into those stereotypes of the militia.

It is my sincere hope you can free yourself of these biases, and learn the truth about the "American Militia" and the GREAT debt of gratitude you owe the militia, and (dare I hope) one day learn of your own RESPONSIBILITY to, like the militia, stand against "all enemies, foreign and domestic."

garandman, CPA
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My letter:

I wish to register my disagreement with your CS Nation charachterization of "Terrorists: American Militia."

It was the American militia in 1776 that made this country the type of nation to embrace the free enterprise system that is allowing you to sell your video game and make a living.

It was the citizen soldiers that fought the Second World War, whose rifleman skills came from owning and shooting private weapons (like a "militia" would) , that enabled America to defeat Nazi Germany.

As part of the Second Amendment "militia" and as further authorized by the Militia Act of 1791, I personally take offense to your charachterization of me as a "terrorist." Though I belong to NO organization even remotely of the "militia" purpose, I am part of the militia as authorized in BOTH the Second Amendment and the Militia Act of 1791. So are you, and, sadly, I doubt you even knew it.

Unlike your parody of the "Terrorists: American Militia" I neither chew tobacco, nor wear coveralls, nor am missing teeth, nor scratch myself (any more than a reasonable amount) It would seem the media does in fact OWN YOU as you seem to have bought into those stereotypes of the militia.

It is my sincere hope you can free yourself of these biases, and learn the truth about the "American Militia" and the GREAT debt of gratitude you owe the militia, and (dare I hope) one day learn of your own RESPONSIBILITY to, like the militia, stand against "all enemies, foreign and domestic."

garandman, CPA
View Quote

View Quote

Thank you, Garandman,

Alot of folks here do alot of talking. You are the 1st one on the record to write a letter in complaint.

People here do alot of kvetching about your views sometimes. Thank you for taking the time to do something about it, instea dof trying to bump up your post count.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank you, Garandman,

Alot of folks here do alot of talking. You are the 1st one on the record to write a letter in complaint.

People here do alot of kvetching about your views sometimes. Thank you for taking the time to do something about it, instea dof trying to bump up your post count.
View Quote

Sometimes doing what is RIGHT (writing a letter to register an objection) has fringe benefits (bumping up my post count, so that I can feel important)

[:D]

It was your encouragement that got me off my butt to write the letter. So take a little bow yerself there, Mugzilla....

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I guess I don't take this personally since I don't align myself with ass-scratching, booger-eating hillbillies named Colonel Jesse who think that they could run this country better than our (less than perfect, I agree) current system.  The only thing I share with those whack-jobs is gun ownership.
View Quote

You mean like the Green Mountain boys, Col. Roberts' Rangers, the Pennsylvaina Dutch volunteers, George Washington, or anybody else in the Colonial Army?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's unfortunate, as the Second Amendment associates YOU with the militia.

And these video game yahoos associate the militia with "terrorists."

Maybe you SHOULD take it personally. The next generation of voters (the people who this video game is "educating") WILL take your gun ownership VERY personally. Not only will they take it personally, they'll take it away.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
My email to them elicited a nasty response, to wit:  They are tired of getting email from slack jawed rednecks who should be off diddling their daughters, they are amazed that we are intelligent enough to turn on the computer, let alnoe compose an email message and send it to them.

And to not write back, because they don't care to hear it.

Now *there* is customer service.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
This should surprise nobody.

After all, an early version of CS featured a sign saying "The Weavers" on the house on the map: cs_militia. Callous ignorance, beautifully demonstrated. Seems they're at it again.

And I doubt any of the designers could even tell you who Lon Horiuchi is.

Hielo, post your exchange with them, if possible.

Disappointing.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My email to them elicited a nasty response, to wit:  They are tired of getting email from slack jawed rednecks who should be off diddling their daughters, they are amazed that we are intelligent enough to turn on the computer, let alnoe compose an email message and send it to them.

And to not write back, because they don't care to hear it.

Now *there* is customer service.
View Quote

I am guessing they didn't leave their name and/or office phone contact info?

That is really piss poor, and should be relayed to any VC's they have currently; in addidtion to executive staff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#29]
This really does paint a bad picture globally as well as domestically.

I live in Australia 5 months of the year; When I go to the internet cafes, they are packed elbows to assholes with kids/adults playing CS.

Not that I have to prove anything to the Koreans/Chinese/Arabs that are non-American; It's just the principle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#30]
[url]http://csnation.counter-strike.net/[/url]

"rizzuh's corner - 27 comments
If you're going to e-mail me about the US Militia being in the US Code or some other inane crap that I couldn't care less about (because apparently I'm a liberal traitor), direct your complaints to Gearbox Software. I'm glad you militia-loving gun freaks are inside e-mailing me and not shooting deer, for once in your obese lives."
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#31]
What is the US code?

Guess I'm nit-picking now.. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#32]
[size=4]ATTN!! PEOPLE CHOOSING TO E-MAIL A COMPLAINT, e-mail Sierra Games e-mail addy page here...[/size=4]

[url]http://www.sierra.com/support/contact.php[/url]

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Since I'm not a gamer, what's the name and address of the company that makes the game?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#34]
This should not surprise anyone here. After all, why do you think the military has been doing MOUT training for the last several years?

We all should know the pattern. First the target group is demonized in all forms of media, then when the masses are ready for the target group's removal, in come the folks who have been tasked with that removal operation.

Now just look at how far along that timeline we are at present.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Since I'm not a gamer, what's the name and address of the company that makes the game?
View Quote

"Sierra Games" makes the CS line of mods for Half-Life.

Here is their contact e-mail address page.
[url]http://www.sierra.com/support/contact.php[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Take a look at the 7th picture down. This TEXAS based game company says that AMERICAN GUN OWNERS are terrorists.

[url=csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/czinfo/player.csn?CSNUserS%20ession=2fd3ca08db62ccfd0f7]Counter Strike: Condition Zero[/url]

View Quote

Why do you say they're Texas-based??...

The story of Sierra Entertainment began in the late 1970s, when Ken and Roberta Williams created Mystery House, the world's first graphic/text adventure game. Ken and Roberta ran On-Line Systems from their kitchen table until 1980, when they moved its headquarters to Oakhurst, California at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, and renamed the company Sierra On-Line. They stayed in the Sierra foothills until 1994, when corporate headquarters was moved to its current location in Bellevue, Washington. Sierra On-Line was renamed Sierra Entertainment in late 2001.
View Quote

If this is the company they say they started in CA and moved to WA.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Odd.  The CS: Condition Zero site appears to be down at the moment.  And Gear Box software is actually making the game, though mailing Sierra can't hurt, seeing that they hold the almighty buck over gearboxes head.  

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/projects.html

It also seems that they might want to depict the terrorists with a little more realism.  Sure, leave in one of the brothers Jed, but add an inner city youth, someone in paramilitary garb, a geeky looking guy, a dude in a suit, maybe a guy in an actual US military uniform, and of course a 15 year old kid in a trench coat...  Terror comes from many places.  They shouldn't just point their finger at just one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Sierra is also to blame for labeling Militia's as terrorists. True that some domestic terrorists label themselves as militia, but this is beside the point as it paints with a broad brush.

In SWAT3 there is "Soverign America" who opposses some signing with a UN agreement/treaty which is unclear in the game itself.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gearbox software is the firm that is writing "Counterstrike:  Condition Zero".  Sierra is just the company that's putting the game on the shelves.  Gearbox was formed in 1999 in Plano, TX.  

-Gloftoe
View Quote

Does Gearbox have anything to do with the game Doom??
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#42]
IIRC Doom was created by John Carmack and is from a company named ID. Nothing to do with Sierra, Gearbox or CS as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, Garandman,

View Quote

Sometimes doing what is RIGHT (writing a letter to register an objection) has fringe benefits (bumping up my post count, so that I can feel important)

It was your encouragement that got me off my butt to write the letter. So take a little bow yerself there, Mugzilla....

View Quote

Ah shucks! You make me feel all warm and tactical!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
IIRC Doom was created by John Carmack and is from a company named ID. Nothing to do with Sierra, Gearbox or CS as far as I can tell.
View Quote

Thanks Imbro.  John lives a couple blocks from me and his mother lives across the street.  If there was a connection I was gonna nicely ask him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#45]
They just showed this on the Alex Jones Show.  He even showed a screen shot.

[(:|)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top